A-League Round 11 - The Real Melbourne Derby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first paragraph is a symptomatic problem of today's society. I am an assistant coach of a women's footy side, we have been told we cannot under any circumstances give them negative feedback. It's not just our side either. As a kid my dad would sit and tell me after every game what I did right and what I did wrong.... As is his right.

Secondly..... They are highly paid professional athletes FFS. I'd much rather be a club with a supporter base with passion than one with people such as yourself who don't demand performance from their team.

I take it you're a City fan..... Makes sense.
There is a difference between negative feedback and booing, which clearly you don't understand.

Never change Victory, demand whatever you want because you always think you're somehow better than others (when clearly you're not).

How embarassing for you. Continue to cheer when your side doesn't win.....

There is a difference between negative feedback and booing, which clearly you don't understand.

Never change Victory, demand whatever you want because you always think you're somehow better than others (when clearly you're not).

I don't get this, how have they demanded whatever they want by booing? All they are showing is there disappointment in losing 0-6 ffs! I think most supporters of any football club in the world would be booing! How much booing did you hear during the Aloisi days at Heart? A hell of a lot! I remember one Derby loss they where booing every time he was on the big screen and Yarraside singing 'sacked in the morning' during the match!

What do you mean by feedback? you want fans to write to the clubs letters and emails telling them what a bad job they are doing and how to fix it?

Cleary you don't understand passion or have never stood or sat with in a cheer squad or supporter groups before.

Last edited:
Booing is one thing I accept (and all fans of all teams in whatever codes do worldwide) but it's personal sledging and abuse of players after a bad loss I cannot accept. Heard plenty of it as a Carlton fan over the years. Not pleasant.

The clip going around of a group of Vuck Ultras singing 'You're not fit to wear the Shirt' does not look great imo, but you have to wonder how many profanities and abuse some players copped walking off the ground.

Judging by that performance, and the fact they sit stone motherless last they probably aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Judging by that performance, and the fact they sit stone motherless last they probably aren't fit to wear the shirt.
I said before they beat us that their squad was terrible, with their only real quality was in the wings.
Butterfield, brimmer, broxham is a terrible midfield look everywhere around the league and you will find far more quality. (Brimmer is good at set pieces I'll give him that but as a holding mid is very frail and turns it over a lot)
Their defence is weak I think Shotton has been terrible, the young left back looked good before last night but the rest of their centre half's have been terrible.
Their EFL championship model of overseas imports ain't gonna cut it when most clubs are recruiting la liga vets of high quality.
Their Aussie contingent is very weak as well.

Booing is one thing I accept (and all fans of all teams in whatever codes do worldwide) but it's personal sledging and abuse of players after a bad loss I cannot accept. Heard plenty of it as a Carlton fan over the years. Not pleasant.

The clip going around of a group of Vuck Ultras singing 'You're not fit to wear the Shirt' does not look great imo, but you have to wonder how many profanities and abuse some players copped walking off the ground.

It is disappointing to hear that and I don't like it either but its only a minority within the Victory fans. Man what do you want us to do or feel? We just lost 0-6! to you guys our fans are gonna feel it and it bloody Hurts! honestly through going by the socials this board and the FVS board I think most of us have handled it pretty reserved surprisingly (I wasn't at the game last night so can't comment on what happened there). Probably because we know the squad is s**t and we were expecting a scoreline like that was coming. But How would you be feeling if the scores where reversed? You kick up a stink with a 2-1 loss I'll hate to see what you would post or react if you lost to us 6-0!

Last edited:
I said before they beat us that their squad was terrible, with their only real quality was in the wings.
Butterfield, brimmer, broxham is a terrible midfield look everywhere around the league and you will find far more quality. (Brimmer is good at set pieces I'll give him that but as a holding mid is very frail and turns it over a lot)
Their defence is weak I think Shotton has been terrible, the young left back looked good before last night but the rest of their centre half's have been terrible.
Their EFL championship model of overseas imports ain't gonna cut it when most clubs are recruiting la liga vets of high quality.
Their Aussie contingent is very weak as well.

Nail on the head with all your points. Except I think Shotton has been pretty good in positioning and reading of the play has saved us a few times. His passing however is horrible.

Nail on the head with all your points. Except I think Shotton has been pretty good in positioning and reading of the play has saved us a few times. His passing however is horrible.
He's a worry when faced with any semblance of pace

He's a worry when faced with any semblance of pace

Yeah at the beginning but I think he has adapted since being found out pretty quick and has made up for it with his positioning and letting the wingers handle the running stuff as a stone cold central defender he's pretty good. Having someone more experienced like Ansell beside him would help his game even more imo.

This realistically could have been a 10 goal margin when you factor in the penalty miss and the amount of chances City butchered.

The current MV team wouldnt even make the local Npl grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't pretend to know what everything else is like within the organisation, but the names on the teamsheet aren't as bad as they're performing.

It is disappointing to hear that and I don't like it either but its only a minority within the Victory fans. Man what do you want us to do or feel? We just lost 0-6! to you guys our fans are gonna feel it and it bloody Hurts! honestly through going by the socials this board and the FVS board I think most of us have handled it pretty reserved surprisingly (I wasn't at the game last night so can't comment on what happened there). Probably because we know the squad is sh*t and we were expecting a scoreline like that was coming. But How would you be feeling if the scores where reversed? You kick up a stink with a 2-1 loss I'll hate to see what you would post or react if you lost to us 6-0!

Every club as I say worldwide has those fans.

As a supporter of a club that has won pretty much nothing in its history, i have seen some grim times at Heart.

You guys have experienced a Lot of success at Victory, hopefully our time to win silverwear is now, its hard to feel much sympathy for Victory fans given how much crap and mocking we have copped from you lot over the years (Especially going over 300 days without winning a game, Misfud, Morwell Heart etc)

In a Salary Cappped league, its almost impossible to stay up every year/season now, and the Smurfs themselves have had some real lean seasons, and will do so again.

Gotta stick by the club and it's players. Victory fans are righr to express frustration and disillusionment, but really not at the players and to go a lesser extent the manager..

It's the board and chairman/CEO that are responsible for the club's current mess.

Players are only human being, being mocked that they are not to wear the Shirt and other personal sledges will not help their clearly deflated confidence one bit.

But as you say, its only a minority of Victory's loyal fanbase, and I think booing is fine, but it's important to still back your lads in, as they say.

As a supporter of a club that has won pretty much nothing in its history, i have seen some grim times at Heart.

You guys have experienced a Lot of success at Victory, hopefully our time to win silverwear is now, its hard to feel much sympathy for Victory fans given how much crap and mocking we have copped from you lot over the years (Especially going over 300 days without winning a game, Misfud, Morwell Heart etc)

In a Salary Cappped league, its almost impossible to stay up every year/season now, and the Smurfs themselves have had some real lean seasons, and will do so again.

Gotta stick by the club and it's players. Victory fans are righr to express frustration and disillusionment, but really not at the players and to go a lesser extent the manager..

It's the board and chairman/CEO that are responsible for the club's current mess.

Players are only human being, being mocked that they are not to wear the Shirt and other personal sledges will not help their clearly deflated confidence one bit.

But as you say, its only a minority of Victory's loyal fanbase, and I think booing is fine, but it's important to still back your lads in, as they say.
I agree with your point generally, but I think I the capped league means you need to be even more proactive with your signings, vision, manager etc, since you can't buy your way out of trouble as easily.
For instance, I think the league is catching up with Sydney FC and started to after lockdown last season, they haven't reinvested in there squad at all this past offseason (unless you count bringing Bobo in for La Fondre) or their tactics (I think their squad suits aa 433 or 4231 so they can play Bratton, Caceres, Baumjohan more often and with each other).

Also I don't understand why players all over were clammering to join WSW, yes they have the money and agency connection (Avid Sports entertainment) and their manager is well liked but you're going there to sit on the bench half the time.

The players aren't worth sticking by, they were embarrassing for Victory last night. When City lost 8-0 to Wigan last season I was pretty disappointed in the players and manager and rightfully so. A number of the players have since left the club and rightfully so.

Veflappy needs to go asap, Reddy's been good for us didn't deserve to be dropped in the first place.
Langkamp can't become match fit soon enough.
Seem way too timid in the final third, would have liked Fornarolli to shoot a couple of times, I think too many players are almost intimidated by Castro's brilliance and scared to make a move themselves and instead defer to him.

Bad sign when we dominated for 20 odd minutes without scoring.
This Nux performance was Sydney Fc esque, sit back defend well and lethal on the counter.

The players aren't worth sticking by, they were embarrassing for Victory last night. When City lost 8-0 to Wigan last season I was pretty disappointed in the players and manager and rightfully so. A number of the players have since left the club and rightfully so.

Think Laurie Thomas has been a real loss for Victory, their new keeper is bog ordinary.

Anyhow a couple of players who played last night for MVFC played in a championship or two for Victory. Surely they deserve a bit more respect from (some, admittedly a minoriy) of Victory fans ?

This is the first truly bad season Victory have had/experienced since the inaugural A League season where they finished 2nd last to the defunct New Zealand Knights. (Well maybe the year Magilton managed them too)

A think a couple of bad/lean season's may give their supporter base (and not talking about any one here at all btw just generally) some humility and loyalty/sticking fat.

Even during the dark days of Heart and Aloisi, when we finished dead last and went 300 days in Australia without a win, I kept going to home games. It really sucked but maybe for a smaller club like ours i felt it was important to keep buying memberships and attend home games.

Think Laurie Thomas has been a real loss for Victory, their new keeper is bog ordinary.

Anyhow a couple of players who played last night for MVFC played in a championship or two for Victory. Surely they deserve a bit more respect from (some, admittedly a minoriy) of Victory fans ?

This is the first truly bad season Victory have had/experienced since the inaugural A League season where they finished 2nd last to the defunct New Zealand Knights. (Well maybe the year Magilton managed them too)

A think a couple of bad/lean season's may give their supporter base (and not talking about any one here at all btw just generally) some humility and loyalty/sticking fat.

Even during the dark days of Heart and Aloisi, when we finished dead last and went 300 days in Australia without a win, I kept going to home games. It really sucked but maybe for a smaller club like ours i felt it was important to keep buying memberships and attend home games.

When they sing "You're not fit to wear the shirt" you realise they aren't singing to literally every player, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back