Game Day West Coast vs Cockburn Rd 1 Ansett Cup

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Zane Trew has Darryl Strawberry’s haircut from that Simpson’s episode where mr burns buys all those players to win the baseball premiership. 😂
Softball. It was softball.

We're talkin' softball... From Maine to San Diego. Talkin' softball... Mattingly and Canseco. Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw. Steve Sax and his run-in with the law. We're talkin' Homer... Ozzie and the Straw. We're talkin' softball... From Maine to San Diego. Talkin' softball... Mattingly and Canseco. Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw. Steve Sax and his run-in with the law. We're talkin' Homer... Ozzie and the Straw.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Who is number 18 for you guys? Is it Jermaine Jones? Quite liked his game.

Yeah Jamaine Jones - his actual number is 31 this year, but Castore still haven't supplied the 2021 guernseys yet...

Was using Venable's 2020 no.18 today, which raises other questions, as presumably his no.47 from last year would have sufficed.

Agree though, his preseason has been impressive, adding a deal of forward pressure which has been missing from the team in recent times.

Similarly, Langdon was in (Johnson's) 38, when his official number is 7.

Witherden was in 45 (formerly Nic Reid's), when his official number is 23.

Biggest net gain of today was Duggan showing he’s ready make the step up and play midfield minutes.

48edf230ab9fcf508fb716b2297cd53c.jpg

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Not at all worried about our list after today's game - lots of positives to take out of that. No way will we be slipping far down the order, if at all, not with O'Neil, Trew, Winder and our other youngsters pushing up now. Duggan is awesome through the midfield too. We are covered in all lines across the field. Willie back into that - it's all looking good.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Good hit out I think - was played at a decent intensity and we controlled the game at key times.

Both Liams were excellent - really encouraging stuff.

Down back, Barrass was really good - Hurn too.

From the fringe/young guys I thought Jones showed enough for a run in Round 1 (especially if Langdon is unlikely), O’Neill was good and Trew showed a bit late in the game when most of his team mates had put the cue in the rack. I kept an eye on young Winder - he was covering a bit of ground, was on Frederick for a while, couldn’t go with him, but no shame there.

End margin probably flattered them a bit, we missed a few and pulled up in the last quarter.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Oh my Cockburn board is a strange place, especially after a 22-15 spoon feeding from the umpires

We have a lot to work on going into the main season, some very ordinary skill errors

Hopefully Langdon and Shep not too bad

We have a LOT of players to come back which should help
Not here to start a Poo fight.

Seems both teams had key players out.

Freo didnt have Sean Darcy play as he was under an injury cloud. Lloyd meek wearing 22 for freo had a solid game. Dead certain to play round 1 With Lobb getting injured and Darcy unfit.

Dont care about the Free kick count today, its a Preseason game. Its about players on both sides getting ready for the season.

My mob has the demons at the MCG on a saturday, while your mob has gold coast at home on that sunday arvo.

Felt sorry for Zac Langdon. It was a nasty head hit. I feared he Broke his neck after seeing the replay.

mick06

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United; San D uh LA Chargers
So we seem to be making a significant effort to block the corridor on the mark. It was clear we got into position early, way off the actual mark and just stood there until the umps called stand. Happened all over the field. Didn't notice it so much from Freo and didn't watch any other games, was this used throughout? Just seemed like it's drilled into us and was quite blatant. Probably get an email during the week to cut it out

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
So we seem to be making a significant effort to block the corridor on the mark. It was clear we got into position early, way off the actual mark and just stood there until the umps called stand. Happened all over the field. Didn't notice it so much from Freo and didn't watch any other games, was this used throughout? Just seemed like it's drilled into us and was quite blatant. Probably get an email during the week to cut it out

I'd say 80% of clubs are doing it and the other 20% will be doing it also in two weeks' time.

St Kilda and Port in their matches were probably the most aggressive with the positioning to deny the corridor.

It just seems odd to me that the umpire does not come in and direct the defending player to get to the actual mark - may have to re-read what the rule of law is on this is regard to the call to "stand" and its location.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
where are all the purples who were trolling our board last week?

i need another laugh like 'tabs is better than Kennedy' from the cockburners
Im here.
How sh*t was crabener tonight? Couldn't take a mark to save himself.

Made the 40 man all Australian squad though...
Well Taberner kicked 29 goals and 13 behinds last season. So he isnt that bad.

funny thing is he is in his 9th season and is a Free Agent.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
To me one of the biggest takes is trew racking up 9 disposals in a quarter of footy. he did look a little apprehensive to kick it however and even though he got found out I was happy he tried the don't argue as when he gets another couple of preseasons and strength in that stuff will come off. Even reading into the future however i dont think exxon, trew, winder etc are going to be any better than B grade which means we still need to find some quality mids coming through.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
i need another laugh like 'tabs is better than Kennedy' from the cockburners

It just absolutely baffles me how Taberner, who is now coming into his 9th season as a professional footballer, is still unable to execute basic skills.

Seriously, just tell him that his preseason is to take 10,000 shots at goal, some laps and nothing else.

Im here.

Well Taberner kicked 29 goals and 13 behinds last season. So he isnt that bad.

funny thing is he is in his 9th season and is a Free Agent.

A career high of 29 goals for an apparent ‘number one’ forward is, in fact, that bad.

For reference, Willie Rioli kicked 28 goals in 2018, and he was our fifth leading goal scorer that year.

Ryan and Cripps each had 30 in 2019, and they were our third/fourth leading goal scorers.

Ryan had 26 as our third leader last year.

29 is a very upsetting ‘achievement’.

Back