Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean 40 quid is a fair bit for a game that's a couple of years old and was never amazing to begin with. But if you are in the mood for it, then it ain't the worst investment :) Watch some videos on Youtube. Plenty of gameplay there.

Yeah ive been doing alot of watching and i think ill like it, its just the longevity of it.

My concern is that if AFL fans arent really playing it, then is there something wrong here....

Im tempted, just need to convince myself id get 40 quids worth of value from it.

Been watching loads of AFL stuff so im in the mood for it.

Its not very popular here, so its all reliant of the Coach career mode being worth playing in depth for me to get it.

Hopefully the AI holds up long term to make thar viable... i mean my stick skills will need work anyway, but still, lets see how it goes.

Any other feedback on the game worth me reading?
As a person who plays sports games purely for franchise/coach modes I can confirm it is pretty terrible.
There is very basic management options and its just not well put together. Far too easy to make a super team. It won't have very realistic stats/results over the course of a season either
The actual game itself is rather enjoyable but always requires a fair bit of tinkering with the sliders and settings to get a more challenging and realistic game style.
If you could get it cheap its probably worth it but paying full price for an out of date game might not be worth it. Hoping they bring out a 2021 update patch but no word yet so 🤷‍♂️

As a peron who plays sports games purely for franchise/coach modes I can confirm it is pretty terrible.
There is very basic management options and its just not well put together. Far too easy to make a super team. It won't have very realistic stats/results over the course of a season either
The actual game itself is rather enjoyable but always requires a fair bit of tinkering with the sliders and settings to get a more challenging and realistic game style.
If you could get it cheap its probably worth it but paying full price for an out of date game might not be worth it. Hoping they bring out a 2021 update patch but no word yet so 🤷‍♂️

I can get by on simplicity, alot of these modes are best played in your head to bring it to life... so you make up your own stories and rivalries, so as long as you can sign trade and draft.. and see the AI do the same and try to be competitive i can cope with that.

Id also not bother doing the training if that bumps your team too much, to try and keep it a bit more even.

Stats im worried over, is that more scorelines or is it so individual numbers are out, im assuming goals etc

Just looking on the AFL website at kicks, tackles, disposals etc do the end of season numbers represent that at all?

I like the look of the gameplay and it would be my first ever AFL game.

Sod it, I bought into it... I know more avid AFL fans probably can pick out the flaws. But as someone who is learning the sport and enjoys it from afar, what a nice game to play. Granted it could do with a lick of polish that you get from the bigger sports franchises, but thats par for the course with the budgets involved.

And lets be honest even big budget games like Madden, FIFA, NBA etc are full of bugs, stale gameplay and really only thrive because of their ridiculous Ultimate Team modes that milk people of their hard earned.

Im enjoying it and that has to be a plus point. So if you are reading Wicked Witch, you have a fan who will beat the drum for you in the UK and will happily spend on DLC and newer games as and when you see fit to release :)

Sod it, I bought into it... I know more avid AFL fans probably can pick out the flaws. But as someone who is learning the sport and enjoys it from afar, what a nice game to play. Granted it could do with a lick of polish that you get from the bigger sports franchises, but thats par for the course with the budgets involved.

And lets be honest even big budget games like Madden, FIFA, NBA etc are full of bugs, stale gameplay and really only thrive because of their ridiculous Ultimate Team modes that milk people of their hard earned.

Im enjoying it and that has to be a plus point. So if you are reading Wicked Witch, you have a fan who will beat the drum for you in the UK and will happily spend on DLC and newer games as and when you see fit to release :)

What console did you end up getting it on? I have it on playstation. Could try for a game online. Probably won't be an amazing connection (US - UK) but better than against Aussies.

Weird we are one day out and not even an annoucement, dlc or updates to the game

This is 100% normal for Wicked Witch. Their marketing is almost non-existent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the price of the 'season update' DLCs in the past? (I know last year was an exception with the Covid situation)

Curious how much it will sting after I've already purchased the game twice on 2 platforms...
Currently 15 bucks on the PSN. Can't recall if that was the price at launch or not.

Standard pack is $50 (for 35 new bugs) or you can go the collector's patch for $120 (85 new bugs plus an exclusive limited edition game crashing bug for the first 100 purchasers). Get in fast.
What was the price of the 'season update' DLCs in the past? (I know last year was an exception with the Covid situation)

Curious how much it will sting after I've already purchased the game twice on 2 platforms...

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll pay the money, I like the game and the updates have improved the gameplay over time to a really nice level for this budget. I won't purchase DLC halfway through the season though so I hope it's within the next few weeks.

Good news that we get some support for the game.

Is it likely that they tweak it a bit, or is it essentially a roster update and maybe new kits?

Im thinking gameplay tweaks, sound updates (the crowd is very flat), any graphical enhancements?

I know the modes are unlikely to get touched and thats OK, I mean they are what they are. But any improvement ot the gameplay and visual/audio would be very much appreciated

Good news that we get some support for the game.

Is it likely that they tweak it a bit, or is it essentially a roster update and maybe new kits?

Im thinking gameplay tweaks, sound updates (the crowd is very flat), any graphical enhancements?

I know the modes are unlikely to get touched and thats OK, I mean they are what they are. But any improvement ot the gameplay and visual/audio would be very much appreciated

My guess is it'll be roster updates and maybe a couple of bug fixes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back