Oct 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Orlando Magic
Ahead of Peter Matera?

Huge call.

But he is rapidly becoming my favourite player (until Nic Nat beastmodes someone again).
Honestly I always forget that Matera is part indigenous. I actually only learned that somewhat recently when he popped up on an all-time indigenous team. But yeah I'll retract my statement because Matera is the GOAT.

Oct 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Orlando Magic
Screenshot_20210308-113830_Chrome.jpg

* it, let's go!

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Amazing how his workrate was considered his weakness early on.
Just shows how much he's worked on his fitness and that combined with his talent is a joy to watch

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Turns out being overlooked by every club in the comp and not just handed a rookie spot (despite the obvious talent) was absolutely the best thing for him

Who knew....

Scary to think his dad was even better by all accounts.

Is it too late to implement a son-father drafting rule?
I think he's still playing too

Hmmm, this is behind the paywall at the West but Liam has a younger brother?

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Scary to think his dad was even better by all accounts.
According to Snotty as well.
Mate of mine ran into him in Gero back in 18.
" Your young blokes going all right with the Eagles"
Snotty's reply " Yeah not as good as me but"*
haha He's a funny bastard and a bit of a loose unit but a hell of a footballer, He'd start running at the opening siren and didn't stop until the final one.

* Think he might have to concede these days.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm happy to put my hand up and say was disappointed we drafted Ryan with the pick we did. Was hoping to hang on and use the Ainsworth pick on him. Wanted him drafted the previous year as a rookie too.

He's always had talent, but it's hard to fault any aspect of his game. He's dangerous with and without the ball. Gets himself in to the right positions in attach and defence. Runs, tackles, marks, goals. Kicks to the advantage of teammates. All while being a shy bloke who just loves to play footy.
It's pretty awesome.

Hopefully the early troubles he had are behind him, a juicy contract to come and a comfortable life as a West Coast fan favourite.

It's hard not to get excited when he's around

dext

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
A bit of a left field question here but I thought I'd try my luck. Like for a lot of kids around the country this man has become a favorite of my little boys and he has been asking for a liam 'flyin' ryan poster for his wall. I have looked everywhere with no luck. Any ideas where i could possibly find one. TIA

A bit of a left field question here but I thought I'd try my luck. Like for a lot of kids around the country this man has become a favorite of my little boys and he has been asking for a liam 'flyin' ryan poster for his wall. I have looked everywhere with no luck. Any ideas where i could possibly find one. TIA

Nothing on the Eagles store site?

Back