Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Imo he would be best suited on the wing where he has space so his speed can be used to his advantage. He is a development in progress so I’d think he’d get a couple of games depending how the season is going but will be in the VFL full time until he is ready

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Has toe and hardness, but struggles to find the footy. Has something to offer, but not sure where on the ground.

In other words, he should have been a steel capped boot.

For a player who is quick and agile, he gets caught a lot.

poster.jpg

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Can someone explain the spinning wheel of supporter fortune to me?

Some players come in and can't find the footy for week and there's all kinds of reasons offered.

Some players come in and can't find the footy immediately and it's time to draw the curtain.

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Some players come in and can't find the footy for week and there's all kinds of reasons offered.

Some players come in and can't find the footy immediately and it's time to draw the curtain.

has something to do with their skin colour generally

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Some analysts have a good enough understanding & seen enough footy to make reliabe quick judgements in comparison to the layperson.

...........then of course, there's ignorant idiots.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Things have gone a tad funky on the NMFC BF board recently.

People are a bit spooked and/or impatient right now. The feeling of insecurity will probably stick for a while.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Things have gone a tad funky on the NMFC BF board recently.

People are a bit spooked and/or impatient right now. The feeling of insecurity will probably stick for a while.

It could be quelled if folks could work out what they're actually trying to do down there.

I get the impression that currently the people who make these decisions don't know themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It could be quelled if folks could work out what they're actually trying to do down there.

I get the impression that currently the people who make these decisions don't know themselves.
??
in the box consisted of Nobel, Blakey, Roos and Rawlings.
That’s some football knowledge.
if you think any of the above gave Ziebell the instruction to stand 5m off his man in the backline, you’ve got rocks in your head.
it’s going to take time to uncondition the playing group from the unaccountable crap they’ve posted up in the past.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
No, for me it is to do with him not seeming to have much idea about playing as a defender.

Body position, body pressure, tackling, etc. appear to be lacking.

I am all for giving him a run, but play him somewhere that he would appear to be more suited as - ie. forward.

Skin color has nothing to do with it and really is bizarre to even put out there...

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
No, for me it is to do with him not seeming to have much idea about playing as a defender.

Body position, body pressure, tackling, etc. appear to be lacking.

I am all for giving him a run, but play him somewhere that he would appear to be more suited as - ie. forward. He's also not Anglo Saxon and that's -5 points for me.

Skin color has nothing to do with it and really is bizarre to even put out there...

Mate I went over the invisible ink in your post and your true feelings have been revealed.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
??
in the box consisted of Nobel, Blakey, Roos and Rawlings.
That’s some football knowledge.
if you think any of the above gave Ziebell the instruction to stand 5m off his man in the backline, you’ve got rocks in your head.
it’s going to take time to uncondition the playing group from the unaccountable crap they’ve posted up in the past.

I just stated the following:

I don't have a ****ing clue what they are doing, and looking at the players, neither do they.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just stated the following:

I don't have a ****ing clue what they are doing, and looking at the players, neither do they.
So a hell of a lot of football knowledge sitting there, it’s either a problem of communication or the players not following through with instructions..

I’m tipping it’s the latter, as the former, this ain’t their first rodeo.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So a hell of a lot of football knowledge sitting there, it’s either a problem of communication or the players not following through with instructions..

I’m tipping it’s the latter, as the former, this ain’t their first rodeo.

I'd suggest that they haven't drilled under pressure very much.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd suggest that they haven't drilled under pressure very much.
It’s the six million dollar question as to why...
from the outside looking in it’s certainly a worry, a lot of them look like they’re running on mud.

But who knows, could be due to training loads compared to the other teams we’ve played. Blakey might be drilling them hard for the start of the season rather then this meaningless preseason.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It’s the six million dollar question as to why...
from the outside looking in it’s certainly a worry, a lot of them look like they’re running on mud.

But who knows, could be due to training loads compared to the other teams we’ve played. Blakey might be drilling them hard for the start of the season rather then this meaningless preseason.

There's a couple of undeniable facts we can draw from the 2 x practice matches.

1) The game plan is far too convoluted relative to the development of the players at this point in time.
2) If they have drilled these tactics under pressure, then the strategy needs to be revamped significantly.

I am of the school of thought that overconvoluted tactics are prone to breaking down too easily and too often, and at the moment they are very reactionary.

Reactionary does not win games of football.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a couple of undeniable facts we can draw from the 2 x practice matches.

1) The game plan is far too convoluted relative to the relative development of the players at this point in time.
2) If they have drilled these tactics under pressure, then the strategy needs to be revamped significantly.

I am of the school of thought that overconvoluted tactics are prone to breaking down too easily and too often, and at the moment they are very reactionary. Reactionary does not win games of football.
As a club we are never going to win when supporters carry on, they need a fair amount of time to salt the earth from the unaccountable stuff they ditched up in the past. Jumping up and down now is not going to improve the situation.

Ffs Rhyce tried to implement the basics of basic football and gameplans, some of the older guys just couldn’t do it..

now that the members have spoken and need goals kicked, fingers crossed we’re not stuck in Norman’s land again, as defence wins premierships.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
As a club we are never going to win when supporters carry on, they need a fair amount of time to salt the earth from the unaccountable stuff they ditched up in the past. Jumping up and down now is not going to improve the situation.

I could be wrong, but I just don't buy that line of thought mate.

Ffs Rhyce tried to implement the basics of basic football and gameplans, some of the older guys just couldn’t do it..

Last year was a complete shambles and I wouldn't buy too much in to what Rhyce may have been trying to implement.

I'd suggest as the various pressures miunted up, there were too many chiefs in charge.;)

now that the members have spoken and need goals kicked, fingers crossed we’re not stuck in Norman’s land again, as defence wins premierships.

My view is that aside from gaining better draft talent, it serves nothing more than to give hope to the ignorant.

There's probably more failures from radical rebuilds in the modern era than successes, and I have never seen a strategy of "tolerated losses" achieve ultimate success.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I could be wrong, but I just don't buy that line of thought mate.

Last year was a complete shambles and I wouldn't buy too much in to what Rhyce may have been trying to implement.

I'd suggest as the various pressures miunted up, there were too many chiefs in charge.;)

My view is that aside from gaining better draft talent, it serves nothing more than to give hope to the ignorant.

There's probably more failures from radical rebuilds in the modern era than successes, and I have never seen a strategy of "tolerated losses" achieve ultimate success.
Going back to the original point then do you believe Brady(played as a tagger), Roos(one of the most defensive coaches the game has seen) and Blakey(see both above) instructed Ziebell to play 5 meters off his man all game?

there’s tolerated loses and there’s picking the correct target, overconvoluted tactics or not, senior players did not preform to standard.

Back