#29 Jayden Hunt - joins WCE as a free agent, pick 52 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you can't be this stupid mate? Scoring is up 5 points on average and it's pre season, in fact if you take out the StKilda smashing then scoring is as actually down.

I got some magic beans I could sell you if you think this makes any difference to scoring
I’ll take those magic beans thanks. I believe that we play better when I wear my lucky socks and that we made finals in 2018 because I spent most 4th quarters hiding in the toilet. These beans could well be the final piece of the jigsaw

What fans get so peeved at is how soft the 50s are because the punishment doesn’t fit the crime for such minor, non-physical infractions. I’m surprised they haven’t brought back 15 or 25m penalties for these kinds of technical new free kicks (keeping 50s for the rest), it would make it slightly more palatable for fans and is still enough for coaches to instruct not to give the free away.
I agree that a 15 or 25m penalty would be more apt. I actually really like the rugby penalty option where you can do a quick tap and then go - and no-one that hasn't got back 10m can stop you. It's actually an advantage to the attacking team, instead of the 50m penalty that can often slow an attack in AFL. I know they've tried to fix this recently by making the player on the mark get out of the way, but I don't think teams are really taking advantage of it yet and umpires are hesitant to blow another 50m on top because the penalty is so big.

Ultimately it's up to the players to adapt. I can't imagine learning to stand still is going to be that hard to master - but there's guaranteed to be a few players that struggle to get it right. Fans will blame the rules, but it will be dumb players that ruin it for the rest of us.

The rule I don’t mind is not being able to hand over to a team mate to stand the mark. In theory, it will slow the ability to organise and move the defensive grid down the ground and help with fast breaks. Problem will be that from stoppages and slow play it won’t be enough to stop a zone being organised. Can only see it having a noticeable impact on fast counter attack.

What fans get so peeved at is how soft the 50s are because the punishment doesn’t fit the crime for such minor, non-physical infractions. I’m surprised they haven’t brought back 15 or 25m penalties for these kind of technical new free kicks (keeping 50s for the rest), it would make it slightly more palatable for fans and is still enough for coaches to instruct not to give the free away.
In fairness you can step over the mark without affecting play and concede 50. The one good thing I can say about this rule is it is black and white.

idk if it's just the hair tied back, but he doesn't look like a kid anymore, looks like a man now
He might be hiding with his new disguise, but we still see how ordinary he is. No idea where this guy should be playing other than VFL. Teases us every now and then, but he's been ordinary for too long now.

Still can't believe he has been on the list this long.
It’s a bit of a shame, because a few years back I thought that his more flashy attributes might make him a decent proposition as trade bait. But now I think his limitations are too exposed for that to be viable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bit of a shame, because a few years back I thought that his more flashy attributes might make him a decent proposition as trade bait. But now I think his limitations are too exposed for that to be viable
Middle of 2017 I reckon we could have conned a side into giving us a second rounder for him

Hunt's run-and-carry ability (he's ranked seventh in the AFL for metres gained), sharp decision-making under pressure and never-say-die attitude, would have him in contention for the All Australian squad of 40 at this point of the season.

The recognition Hunt is receiving now is a far cry from when he was close to being delisted by Melbourne at the end of 2015, with a debilitating back injury not allowing him to develop at the expected rate.

Can’t believe anyone ever wrote this garbage.

Will find it hard getting back into the team if he gets dropped so early into the season with blokes like Bowey, perhaps a Laurie in for a sniff of senior footy.

Has been lost for 2-3 years now. Just can't get the footy. Needs another string to his bow other than pace but he ain't got one. Really disappointing as he was looking like a beauty. Unless a drastic turnaround occurs, he'll spend a lot of time at Casey this year and get delisted end of year.

I'm really sorry. I kinda traded your first round picks to the guy at the comic book store. But look! I got some cool defenders. Hunt defenders. Remember Hunt? He's back! In defender form.

Don’t you abuse the lesser of the 70s hair sleeve machine by comparing him to Alf in pog form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back