Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys want to extend impending free agent Dak Prescott "now."
Per Rapsheet, the Cowboys are "confident enough in Prescott's rehab to do a big-time, long-term deal now." The Cowboys may want the deal now, but even as he rehabs his gruesome injury, Prescott holds all the leverage. He can play 2021 out with a fully guaranteed $37.7 million under his second consecutive franchise tag. Prescott's camp knows the Cowboys desperately need to get that number down. The window to apply the tag is now open, with the deadline coming March 9.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Feb 23, 2021, 1:43 PM ET

Just read on Reddit that Dak has been re-signed 4yrs at 160mil 126 of that guaranteed.

Sorry I'm not sure how to share the link off my phone

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Hope his ankle isn't completely ****ed

Hope his ankle isn't completely ****ed

They aren't giving him that sort of guaranteed money if his ankle isn't 100%. That contract is sign that his health isn't a concern whatsoever.

Honestly what’s the difference between 100 million guaranteed and 126 million guaranteed.

One is a ludicrously stupid amount of money and the other is a slightly more ludicrously stupid amount of money.

I’d personally be more inclined to take the 100 million, knowing that the extra 26 mil will be used to help put a strong team around me. In either scenario me and my extended family are set for life for generations. I’d also like to be able to look my teammates in the eye.

I hate the insane egotism of American sports.

Honestly what’s the difference between 100 million guaranteed and 126 million guaranteed.

One is a ludicrously stupid amount of money and the other is a slightly more ludicrously stupid amount of money.

I’d personally be more inclined to take the 100 million, knowing that the extra 26 mil will be used to help put a strong team around me. In either scenario me and my extended family are set for life for generations. I’d also like to be able to look my teammates in the eye.

I hate the insane egotism of American sports.

If Jerry had signed him last year instead of franchise tagging him he would have. 😉

Nothing wrong with players getting their money, the owners are ******* tightwads, making billions and giving the players chicken feed, the cap needs to go up.

If Jerry had signed him last year instead of franchise tagging him he would have. 😉

Nothing wrong with players getting their money, the owners are ******* tightwads, making billions and giving the players chicken feed, the cap needs to go up.

Proportion of overall revenue is a different debate, and I agree. But yeah, while there is a cap, you are basically taking money away from your teammates. It is a little more troubling for me because I am far from sold on Prescott yet.

Proportion of overall revenue is a different debate, and I agree. But yeah, while there is a cap, you are basically taking money away from your teammates. It is a little more troubling for me because I am far from sold on Prescott yet.

The injury last year weirdly helped Dak make the money he did, the offense with Dalton under centre compared to how Dak had it rolling in the first few weeks was night and day.

I've never really thought of Dak as elite but the last few seasons he's definitely impressed me , I'd put him in the 8-12 range.

Team building is brutal. You get teams like Dallas scared of the unknown when picking in the 10-20 range in the draft, too hard to get a surefire franchises rookie qb to replace a Dak so they end up overpaying to keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least as reigning Superbowl Champions (x2) at the time, we would have got over it quickly. Doing the same thing now would hurt more.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said the team "certainly want to improve our defense" in the draft "barring something very opportunistic."
“Defensively, we have to get better," Jones stated. "That’s certainly one of our goals in this draft. Barring something very opportunistic, we certainly want to improve our defense." With five quarterbacks, two offensive linemen, and multiple receivers all projected to come screaming off the board ahead of Dallas' first crack at it, the Jones family will presumably have an opportunity to take the best overall defensive player (per their board) with the No. 10 overall pick. For what it's worth, Alabama CB Patrick Surtain remains the betting favorite (-300) at PointsBet to be the first CB to have his name called.
SOURCE: Jon Machota on Twitter
Apr 19, 2021, 1:27 PM ET

Below are scenarios I’d be happy with for the First Rd:

- Sewell inexplicably drops to 10...don’t over think it Jerry, just turn the damn card in.
- If it goes “as expected” Surtain or Horn will do just fine. Horn the pick if someone sharks Surtain from you, but can’t help but get excited about pairing Surtain up with his old college team mate in Diggs on the other side for a few years.
- QB falls to your pick, NE gives you an offer too good to refuse (Pick 15 + 2022 Rd1 pick or pick 46). Horn should still be available to the at 15...

Should be good fun to watch it unfold

Last edited:
Below are scenarios I’d be happy with for the First Rd:

- Sewell inexplicably drops to 10...don’t over think it Jerry, just turn the damn card in.
- If it goes “as expected” Surtain or Horn will do just fine. Horn the pick if someone sharks Surtain from you, but can’t help but get excited about pairing Surtain up with his old college team mate in Diggs on the other side for a few years.
- QB falls to your pick, NE gives you an offer too good to refuse (Pick 15 + 2022 Rd1 pick or pick 46). Horn should still be available to the at 15...

Should be good fun to watch it unfold

i love your third option

Welcome to the Cowboys Micah Parsons.

After the top two CBs were taken before us, it was a good decision to trade down 2 spots for a 3rd rounder and then take the best linebacker in the draft.

With Vander Esch injured a lot, this is a decent back up selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back