MMA-UFC UFC 259

Remove this Banner Ad

so your logic is you can have a guy absolutely wipe the flaw with the whole division, but because he lost to the champion who took his belt he never gets to fight for the title until that champion loses?

Instead you reward other guys in the division with a title shot despite the fact that they can't beat the number 1 contender

The truth is Whittaker and Adesanya are clearly the two best in the division. They need to fight again
Did you read anything else I posted?
I absolutely agree they should fight again, I’m not terribly interested in the rematch as I suspect Izzy wins comfortably but Rob has earned it. My point was if Izzy beats him again and rob continues to beat everyone else do we just watch Izzy v Rob 3, 4, 5? Maybe just maybe give someone else a shot.

Personally, I don't really care what we've seen and we haven't, deserving is deserving. The next two in line should be Whittaker and Vettori, who have both lost to Izzy already (Vettori was pretty close though). Till has lost 3 of his last 4 (yes, 2 at WW), while Cannonier is coming off a loss where he was very clearly outpointed in the striking department.

The winner of Brunson and Holland should jump straight up into contention - more so Holland - and even Uriah Hall if he starches Weidman. The division is in a real flux at the moment.

I absolutely agree they should fight again, I’m not terribly interested in the rematch as I suspect Izzy wins comfortably but Rob has earned it. My point was if Izzy beats him again and rob continues to beat everyone else do we just watch Izzy v Rob 3, 4, 5? Maybe just maybe give someone else a shot.

Someone else will emerge in that time, it happens pretty quick. And of course if Whittaker managed to win the rematch it would make everything very interesting.

I thought Rob's offensive wrestling looked pretty good against Cannonier, though Cannonier apparently broke his arm early so I'm sure they affected things.

On another note, watching Cruz on the weekend and I started thinking about Sam Soliman, Cruz is like the MMA version of him. Both high workmate, come in at weird angles, seem to mess with the timing of their opponent similarly and would be frustrating as * to fight.

Cruz v Aldo is such a no brainer imo. WEC throwback

People are overthinking Rob/Izzy/contenders. By the time Izzy fights again itll be 6 months down the line, Rob potentially a bit longer. In that time everyone will fight once or twice and the landscape changes

By the time Rob/Izzy have rematched youre looking at a year from now. Imagine how much will change. 170s come up, 205s down, people fight 3x etc. Im not terribly pumped for a rematch but if/when he beats Costa i probably will be

Let’s not lose the plot .They deserve a rematch .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Costa’s taking a risk by fighting Whittaker straight off too, he loses and it’s 2 in a row, straight back to the back of the cue. I think Costa beats Rob though.
Not really.
He beats Whittaker and he's straight back to the top, no more risk than fighting Till and Cannonier like Bobby Knucks did.

Costa’s taking a risk by fighting Whittaker straight off too, he loses and it’s 2 in a row, straight back to the back of the cue. I think Costa beats Rob though.
Nah Rob does it pretty easy imo

If Till wins in a fashion and calls out Izzy it will be strongly considered and probably booked regardless of it Rob wins, Issy wants the fight with till

If Till wins in a fashion and calls out Izzy it will be strongly considered and probably booked regardless of it Rob wins, Issy wants the fight with till
I mean this just screams next in line!

1615424881707.png

UFC doing a Mas/Usman rematch is annoying but some rematches are deserving and the most logical matchup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of the time the matchups are good. I know you get Conor and the odd perplexing shot when the timing suits but it mostly isn't bad
Mas getting a shot is dumb AF but Till would be dumber.
Theres some positives in the Till shot.

1- weve not seen him v Izzy
2- Izzy wants it
3- Hes a name with some recognition

As was said if he wins and wins big, has a good little sizzle reel i wouldnt be suprised if he jumps Rob (its not fair but it wouldnt shock me)

Theres some positives in the Till shot.

1- weve not seen him v Izzy
2- Izzy wants it
3- Hes a name with some recognition

As was said if he wins and wins big, has a good little sizzle reel i wouldnt be suprised if he jumps Rob (its not fair but it wouldnt shock me)

Following your logic Aljo should fight Cejudo instead of Yan next.

If Rob beats costa he will have a more impressive last 3 performances than even Izzy. He needs another crack to see if he can approach with with his chin down.

Rob beats Cannonier convincingly, Till on split and Then Costa

Izzy beats Romero in the worst fight of all time, beats Costa easily and loses to Jan.

Following your logic Aljo should fight Cejudo instead of Yan next.

If Rob beats costa he will have a more impressive last 3 performances than even Izzy. He needs another crack to see if he can approach with with his chin down.

Rob beats Cannonier convincingly, Till on split and Then Costa

Izzy beats Romero in the worst fight of all time, beats Costa easily and loses to Jan.
I’m not sure what your point is, I’ve also said like 5 times Rob should get the rematch next, he’s the logical, right choice.

All I’m pointing out is that if Izzy wants Till he’ll probably get it and it makes some sense (far less than Robs rematch does).

It’s nit a binary x OR y only outcome where I have to say Rob or Till. Rob should get the fight but should doesn’t mean will.

Romero got multiple chances, won 1 out of his last 5, and the fight he did win, he missed weight. Lost his next fight and still got a shot!

Don't think Till should get a shot, but it wouldn't be the biggest load of horseshit UFC have done.

I think all Phantom is saying is don't put it past UFC to ignore rankings at the expense of $.

Romero got multiple chances, won 1 out of his last 5, and the fight he did win, he missed weight. Lost his next fight and still got a shot!

Don't think Till should get a shot, but it wouldn't be the biggest load of horseshit UFC have done.

I think all Phantom is saying is don't put it past UFC to ignore rankings at the expense of $.
Aaaaaand id probably watch it

Agreed with this but is Till a bigger money fight than Rob coming off Costa/Cannon/Till win streak?
Maybe I'm underestimating Tills appeal but I just can't see that being a bigger fight?

Agreed with this but is Till a bigger money fight than Rob coming off Costa/Cannon/Till win streak?
Maybe I'm underestimating Tills appeal but I just can't see that being a bigger fight?
i think Till's english/british fan base is enough in itself for him to be the bigger draw in this scenario.

Big picture is UK isn't a big PPV market but we are. Be quite a few million $ difference between the 2

Based on what? Genuine question cause ive never seen any detailed analytics on buy rates by country. UKs population is more than double Aus and id argue they have more combat sports fans than we do (granted that doesnt always translate to PPV buys).

I think Till also has a pretty good profile in the US too, im not sure its bigger than Robs (given ROb was Champion).

I have to say (and its a horrible metric) but i was shocked that Till only has like 200k more followers on Insta than Rob. Assumed it would be way way more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back