News New CEO: Tim Silvers

How do you feel about the appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s Shuttleworth?
Can we sack him and replace him with the Queen? Her statement overnight was outstanding.

The Adelaide Football Club is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the Gold Coast camp has been for some players. The issues raised, particularly that of being tied naked to trees, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the club privately.

I love that bolded bit. Amazing.

Just wondering if Tim is still at the club, have not seen or heard anything from our new CEO apart from his appointment

I thought Fagan was the invisible CEO, but this guy is taking it to the new level.

Looks like Adam Kelly's role is to front the media and handle all our fck ups, so he is a pretty busy guy.

Hello Tim, is anybody there ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonable article on him on the AFL website today.

Pretty refreshing to have a CEO not go into hiding when the losses are mounting up. I don't expect him to answer questions on the gameplan or selections, but as a leader he should be out there promoting or sticking up for the club.

Pretty refreshing to have a CEO not go into hiding when the losses are mounting up. I don't expect him to answer questions on the gameplan or selections, but as a leader he should be out there promoting or sticking up for the club.
I don't see why the CEO should be doing anything much in public at all. Surely that's the job of the Club President, or Chairman in Adelaide's case? That would be John Olsen.

The high profile "public face of their club" people in recent times - think Eddie, Jeff, Koch-head, were all club Presidents (or equivalents), not CEOs.

we needed someone like him. Low profile who just wants to do the damned job

we needed someone like him. Low profile who just wants to do the damned job
I don't much care if he's low profile or high profile, just be consistent with it. Fagan was always talking when we were winning and then doing the invisible man when things weren't going well.

Big test this week, big test

i think he can comfortably say he passed

as a supporter group we’ve lamented many times about what it would be like to have an executive that didn’t roll over immediately whenever VFL House decided to play funny buggers

Our bitchslap of Hocking and Gleeson... o yes

i think we should acknowledge the club effort here

as for Mr Silvers

0F014C97-0CFD-4B6F-95A1-87A9726E94C6.jpeg

Just wondering if Tim is still at the club, have not seen or heard anything from our new CEO apart from his appointment

I thought Fagan was the invisible CEO, but this guy is taking it to the new level.

Looks like Adam Kelly's role is to front the media and handle all our fck ups, so he is a pretty busy guy.

Hello Tim, is anybody there ?
I met him on Saturday night in Cairns. He’s a lovely bloke, very footy oriented. HUGE difference to Fagan.

Silvers-Mar3-7884_WEB.jpg

There's too much yellow in our ties

Tone it down a notch

We're not selling ice creams
On the net there are a few shops that sell 'Old Albanians' regimental ties which I think are a much better example of an AFC-themed tie, despite that being unintentional:

I bought one from Sam Hober but I think they're permanently out of stock

Big test this week, big test

i think he can comfortably say he passed

as a supporter group we’ve lamented many times about what it would be like to have an executive that didn’t roll over immediately whenever VFL House decided to play funny buggers

Our bitchslap of Hocking and Gleeson... o yes

i think we should acknowledge the club effort here

as for Mr Silvers

View attachment 1157599

Did I miss something?

Did he actually come out and make any sort of statement?

Back