Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone open this?

The Blues were not prepared to risk McKay after he again rolled his ankle in the loss to St Kilda given they could use a sub to replace him.

Eddie Betts, Matt Kennedy, Liam Stocker and Michael Gibbons all played in a VFL contest on Friday, with Betts kicking two goals in his return from a calf injury.

McKay limped off in the loss to St Kilda for the second game in succession but has two weeks to recover to take on Richmond.

Jack Newnes (ankle) and Jacob Weitering (corked thigh) have pulled up well, while Levi Casboult (knee) and Mitch McGovern (hamstring) have been working towards being available for Round 1.

Aiming for round 5. Taking a conservative approach. This is directly from Nic

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good to hear. I was worried it would blow out to a mid season return.

Round 5 is the start of the reserves comp, let him get a few games in there and be ready to compete for senior section circa round 8.

Good to hear. I was worried it would blow out to a mid season return.

Round 5 is the start of the reserves comp, let him get a few games in there and be ready to compete for senior section circa round 8.

Hopefully our boys not playing seniors will get some games in against other VFL teams during this time.

From AFL.com.au -

https://www.afl.com.au/news/560504/medical-room-the-full-afl-injury-list-post-aami

1615281417818.png

The Blues expect McKay (ankle), Weitering (hip) and Newnes (ankle) to be fit for round one, despite all three exiting last Thursday night's AAMI Community Series clash early. All three did light skills work at training on Tuesday and should be available. However, attacking trio Betts (calf), Casboult (knee) and McGovern (hamstring) all remain under injury clouds. Curnow (knee), De Koning (back), Kemp (foot), Marchbank (calf) and Newman (knee) are all long-term prospects, while Williams is set to miss through suspension

Had to zoom out to fit the whole list in. A staggering number of players either unavailable or under a cloud leading into round one.

Largest list in the league, most other teams don't come close.

From AFL.com.au -

https://www.afl.com.au/news/560504/medical-room-the-full-afl-injury-list-post-aami

View attachment 1073770

Had to zoom out to fit the whole list in. A staggering number of players either unavailable or under a cloud leading into round one.

Largest list in the league, most other teams don't come close.
I got a shock when I saw it too.

But if you break it down, it’s 6 players as a test and one a suspension.

Its more the caliber of players missing that does my head in. I’d be super confident we’d beat Richmond round 1, if we had Charlie, Marchbank, TDK and Williams in and Richmond had their equivalents out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did Marchbank injure his calf? I can't keep up anymore...

one injury rolls into the next, I fear he is not cut out for afl, body wise. Has not played a game since 7th July 2019 ...

Kemp and Parks coming through, Marchbank may struggle to get a contract I feel and that's with finishing the season ok, just too unreliable. A lot of those are tests which is good. Three blokes a month away and Kemp two months is somewhat positive. A shame to be missing some of those but lucky we have competent depth.

Kemp and Parks coming through, Marchbank may struggle to get a contract I feel and that's with finishing the season ok, just too unreliable. A lot of those are tests which is good. Three blokes a month away and Kemp two months is somewhat positive. A shame to be missing some of those but lucky we have competent depth.
Didn’t north offer him a deal. As did Essendon and we said no.

Didn't Russell say every year Hawthorn had less than 4 players miss a full preseason they won the flag, putting emphasis on how important full preseasons are - aka we are f***ed

We aren't missing that many beyond round 1. Charlie, Kemp, Marchbank, TDK, Newman, that are/could be best 22

Not too bad

List Management belongs in this thread :arrowdown:

Thank all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back