What do you really expect

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had this recurring dream (like an actual dream you have when sleeping) since about 2003 that we win the premiership in 2021.

No seriously. Specifically 2021.

Elements of the dream included:

- a new coach in his first season
- Having finished down the bottom between 2018 and 2020, so a lazarus-like rise from the scrap heap to the pinnacle
- a dynamic midfield based around a superstar kid with a supporting cast of new talent
- an old skipper deprived of success finally getting his dues.

Specifics and names have changes over the years of course, but these themes have been pretty consistent throughout. Oddly I haven'y been having this dream as frequently in the last couple of years - I just assume that's due to the dream about to become reality.

Get on board, folks. It's happening, dammit.

Does TAB payout on wet dreams

Big turnover of playing and coaching staff and very different ball movement system, which so far has really exposed us on turnovers when it doesn't come off. I expect to take some steps backwards before we go forwards. Reckon there'll be some hidings early on, hopefully abating sooner rather than later. Hopefully 5+ wins, probably mostly in the back half of the season.

I expect 100% effort, 100% of the time.

That is a non-negotiable, and if you can't do that, the magoos beckon.

Yeah I posted something similar last week.

I can handle losing (sort of) if the required effort and work rate is there.

If we aren't good enough so be it and considering our list that is to be expected.

However some of our displays in recent years have been deplorable - half assed effort, no chasing, tackling etc.

So yeah, completely agree.

I'm expecting we lose every game in the first half of the season as the players learn each other and the game plan.

In the second half of the season we win 50% of our games, giving us around 5 wins for the year.

I'd be ok with that.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ironically I almost feel that the more buy in from the group into Noble’s plan the more likely that we’ll lose greater numbers of games in the first half of the year. On paper, irrespective of changes there is enough talent in our best 22 (just Cunnington alone coming in is a big change) to get some wins on the board, anything resembling last years injury run could lead to absolute carnage.

A functioning midfield though can still paper over a lot of cracks and IMHO Cunnington back to 100%, Simpkin unhampered as he was in the last half of last year and a fit Goldstein, Anderson, LDU, Polec and the other support is enough talent to take a hold of a few teams even without things firing at the two ends. We will see though.

Ironically I almost feel that the more buy in from the group into Noble’s plan the more likely that we’ll lose greater numbers of games in the first half of the year. On paper, irrespective of changes there is enough talent in our best 22 (just Cunnington alone coming in is a big change) to get some wins on the board, anything resembling last years injury run could lead to absolute carnage.

A functioning midfield though can still paper over a lot of cracks and IMHO Cunnington back to 100%, Simpkin unhampered as he was in the last half of last year and a fit Goldstein, Anderson, LDU, Polec and the other support is enough talent to take a hold of a few teams even without things firing at the two ends. We will see though.
Agree with this. Let's just hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Cunnington, as today's news was pretty worrying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be pleased if we end up with that.
You weren’t pleased last weekend, we lose by 20-40pts and go off like a headless chook. And the game was only a practise game.

You weren’t pleased last weekend, we lose by 20-40pts and go off like a headless chook. And the game was only a practise game.

If you think what we have seen in the practice matches is going to equate to 20-40 point losses in the H&A, then you had better revise your numbers.

4-6 wins. Young blokes to really step up and take the reigns of the group going forward.
Effort and Improvement.

I'm entering a season and not really sure what to expect. Last year I really expected us to finish 7 or 8, but maybe just miss finals. I was way off. Covid lockdowns, hubs etc probably played a part in this but I did expect better. Maybe that was unrealistic. I'm not sure anyone anticipated where we finished.

So what about 2021?

Most pundits seem to have us in the bottom two or three. I am hoping we can do a little better.

I just want a glimpse of the future. Would like to see us win 6 games, maybe 7 or 8, and be competitive in at least 7 others.

What do you expect?
I expect us to finish last unfortunately.

Realistically I don’t think we should expect a lot . Young list , new coaching staff, new game style ... this is going to take time .

I’d take 5 wins , hopefully home wins so that I can be there to see them . We will have our fair share of games where we will fill a pretty young and
inexperienced side where playing 4 quarters of good footy will be tough .

My hope for the year is to get as many games into our kids as possible whilst fine tuning our game style ... being a competitive team for most games would be a good result but no doubt we will receive some beltings too .

Realistically I don’t think we should expect a lot . Young list , new coaching staff, new game style ... this is going to take time .

I’d take 5 wins , hopefully home wins so that I can be there to see them . We will have our fair share of games where we will fill a pretty young and
inexperienced side where playing 4 quarters of good footy will be tough .

My hope for the year is to get as many games into our kids as possible whilst fine tuning our game style ... being a competitive team for most games would be a good result but no doubt we will receive some beltings too .
I reckon 5 wins will be maximum.

Its going to be painful but like Richard Simmons once said on his VHS workout tapes - no pain, no gain... however he might’ve been talking about his buttocks after a big night of partying with Molly Meldrum and Elton John?..

I am usually pretty optimistic in the preseason. However last year after the preason games I was worried, even though we had a pretty mature team. I'm more worried this year.

Not sure how we kick a winning score. Our defence looks less organised. For the first time as a supporter I'm heading into the season concerned we might get the spoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back