All-Star Mile 2021 - Vote 1 The Harrovian - no Dominion Servers allowed

Not once have I said he is a legitimate winning chance. The top three are well ahead of the rest but if have him 4th so running a drum wouldn't be that surprising

Lol then no point discussing any further. If you don’t think he can win. Thanks for getting on board

The Mr Q discussion brings up an obvious point - there is little point in looking outside the 4 proven WFA stars for the winner - AQ, Prob, Camel, Dragon.

For something else to win all 4 of them have to run a fair way below par and the likelihood of that happening is extremely small. Even then you would have to pick the winner out of a very open race from the remaining runners.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
2nd in a Memsie.
3rd in a Makybe Diva.
3rd in a Futurity.

Its incredibly unlikely he's winning, but to suggest he can't run a place is ludicrous.

AQ & Prob followed by Camelot.

Mr Q, Shout The Bar, Mugatoo next. Blanket job.

Star Of the Seas has run okay in handicaps and few other Sydney non-events before breaking through for the first time in 12 months last week. Is he gonna win 2 in a row now? Probably not.

Sir Dragonet won't do anything. Has no form below 2000m, and none on dry. Haven't seen a worse placed horse since last time he ran. Next.
Behemoth was nailed to the fence when Mr. Quickie ran past him last time.
Harrovian, Still A Star, Oregano The Gaytano, Lunar Drugs, GG all have none.
Streets of Avalon isn't a miler.

He's ranked somewhere 4-6 in the race for mine.

Plus Jamie Kah is on board, so look me in the eye and tell me its impossible.

2nd in a Memsie.
3rd in a Makybe Diva.
3rd in a Futurity.

Its incredibly unlikely he's winning, but to suggest he can't run a place is ludicrous.

AQ & Prob followed by Camelot.

Mr Q, Shout The Bar, Mugatoo next. Blanket job.

Star Of the Seas has run okay in handicaps and few other Sydney non-events before breaking through for the first time in 12 months last week. Is he gonna win 2 in a row now? Probably not.

Sir Dragonet won't do anything. Has no form below 2000m, and none on dry. Haven't seen a worse placed horse since last time he ran. Next.
Behemoth was nailed to the fence when Mr. Quickie ran past him last time.
Harrovian, Still A Star, Oregano The Gaytano, Lunar Drugs, GG all have none.
Streets of Avalon isn't a miler.

He's ranked somewhere 4-6 in the race for mine.

Plus Jamie Kah is on board, so look me in the eye and tell me its impossible.

2nd in a Memsie behind the Moth (who no one wants here) and Glenfiddich
3rd in a Diva behind Gatting
3rd in a Futurity where the two faves here flogged him

He ran in this last year and finished 9th so thats an obvious marker and this race is panels better than last year (as you will be able to tell from his relative SP this year v last year). Would be a huge shock if he places and would need plenty to run below expectations.

If you are looking for a galloper to throw into your exotics it absolutely has to be Star Of The Seas over this bloke. An absolute chips in job in any H2H market

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
2nd in a Memsie behind the Moth (who no one wants here) and Glenfiddich
3rd in a Diva behind Gatting
3rd in a Futurity where the two faves here flogged him

He ran in this last year and finished 9th so thats an obvious marker and this race is panels better than last year (as you will be able to tell from his relative SP this year v last year). Would be a huge shock if he places and would need plenty to run below expectations.

If you are looking for a galloper to throw into your exotics it absolutely has to be Star Of The Seas over this bloke. An absolute chips in job in any H2H market

They're basically the same ******* horse, except one is a G1 winner and the other is not.

They're basically the same ******* horse, except one is a G1 winner and the other is not.

No they're not - SOTS has an infinitely better SP profile against his rivals here and a dominant victory over quickie H2H in the Doncaster.

Go back and look at the prices they SP in G1s and you'll find who is the superior animal.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
No they're not - SOTS has an infinitely better SP profile against his rivals here and a dominant victory over quickie H2H in the Doncaster.

Go back and look at the prices they SP in G1s and you'll find who is the superior animal.

Yeah beat him by 3L taking 2kgs off him on a Heavy 8, in a swooper dominated race, where MQ didn't even nearly get out. Star of The Seas also beat Kolding, Melody Belle and Super Seth, KWD and Con Te Patiro but couldn't hold off Nettoyer. Absolutely spare me if you're gonna use that as form. :D:D

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Line it up through Buffalo River.

Mr Quickie gave him 6kgs in the Toorak and beat him by 2L.
SOS gave him 1kg and beat him by the same margin.

Or does that not count because you don't want it to?

Similar race, sectionals, and times. Except one is a G1.

Yeah beat him by 3L taking 2kgs off him on a Heavy 8, in a swooper dominated race, where MQ didn't even nearly get out. Star of The Seas also beat Kolding, Melody Belle and Super Seth, KWD and Con Te Patiro but couldn't hold off Nettoyer. Absolutely spare me if you're gonna use that as form. :D:D

Ok - what about all the other SPs he has at G1 level compared to Mr Quickies?

Or are we juts going to look at all of Mr Quickies best runs and ignore everything else?

Line it up through Buffalo River.

Mr Quickie gave him 6kgs in the Toorak and beat him by 2L.
SOS gave him 1kg and beat him by the same margin.

Or does that not count because you don't want it to?

Similar race, sectionals, and times. Except one is a G1.

Lol yes if you use Mr Q's career peak as the example its going to look pretty good isn't it ;)

Now lets look at the Mackinnon where Mr Q was flogged by Fifty Stars who SOTS beat last start - I can play this game too :D

Anyone keen on Mr Q in this is seriously underestimating the strength of the race - he is a total fraud at WFA if you go and look through his form with any degree of depth.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Lol yes if you use Mr Q's career peak as the example its going to look pretty good isn't it ;)

Now lets look at the Mackinnon where Mr Q was flogged by Fifty Stars who SOTS beat last start - I can play this game too :D

Anyone keen on Mr Q in this is seriously underestimating the strength of the race - he is a total fraud at WFA if you go and look through his form with any degree of depth.

So what's SOTS career peak then? Getting beat by Nettoyer? Getting beat by the biggest coward in Australian racing in Kolding? Or getting beat by the Caulfield Cup winner over 1400m? Seems like a pretty solid resume.

You're keep about SP Profile. Mr Quickie was backed into favourite over 1800m at SWP against Hartnell, KWD, V&D & Mystic Journey.

Anyway. I don't think either horse has a breath of hope in winning the race, as I stated earlier. But from where you've got him mapped, and if he gets the right tempo, there is literally no reason he can't run top 4, if not place.

So what's SOTS career peak then? Getting beat by Nettoyer? Getting beat by the biggest coward in Australian racing in Kolding? Or getting beat by the Caulfield Cup winner over 1400m? Seems like a pretty solid resume.

You're keep about SP Profile. Mr Quickie was backed into favourite over 1800m at SWP against Hartnell, KWD, V&D & Mystic Journey.

Anyway. I don't think either horse has a breath of hope in winning the race, as I stated earlier. But from where you've got him mapped, and if he gets the right tempo, there is literally no reason he can't run top 4, if not place.

I have him mapped dead last in a race I think he is totally outclassed in - not see how that translates to a top 4 finish.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How can people say the horse cannot win after the last fortnight we have had with results. Nonetheless it’s at the Valley with potential of rain. Even if not a betting prospect no horse ever discounted.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
I have him mapped dead last in a race I think he is totally outclassed in - not see how that translates to a top 4 finish.

I think it's pretty well proven right now that he can run the close to the best 6-4-2 and run a drum in a race he's "totally" outclassed in. The tail to this race is abysmal, mind you, but that's the nature of the ASM.

I think it's pretty well proven right now that he can run the close to the best 6-4-2 and run a drum in a race he's "totally" outclassed in. The tail to this race is abysmal, mind you, but that's the nature of the ASM.

Too bad he can never get near running the best last 16 I guess.

He has not proven that. This is by far the toughest race he has contested in his career to date and almost always throughout his career the tougher the race has been the worse he has gone.

You might also like to answer how he will do better than his 9th place finish in this race last year in a much stronger edition this year - another point you have totally ignored. He is fully exposed as not good enough at this level at WFA.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Too bad he can never get near running the best last 16 I guess.

He has not proven that. This is by far the toughest race he has contested in his career to date and almost always throughout his career the tougher the race has been the worse he has gone.

You might also like to answer how he will do better than his 9th place finish in this race last year in a much stronger edition this year - another point you have totally ignored. He is fully exposed as not good enough at this level at WFA.

Did you watch the race last year? Absolutely buried, and finished 3.5L off them. He was stuck further up BHB's arse than Darren Weir in 2016.

Watch the Makybe Diva from 2019 and tell me how that can't happen on Saturday. Explain it to me.

There's 3, plain, obvious examples that show why he can run top 4. Plenty why he can't as well. But to say he's outclassed in a race where about 10 of them cant win, is ridiculous.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Did you watch the race last year? Absolutely buried, and finished 3.5L off them. He was stuck further up BHB's arse than Darren Weir in 2016.

Watch the Makybe Diva from 2019 and tell me how that can't happen on Saturday. Explain it to me.

There's 3, plain, obvious examples that show why he can run top 4. Plenty why he can't as well. But to say he's outclassed in a race where about 10 of them cant win, is ridiculous.

Ran past 7 individual G1 winners by my count.

Yes - as always - if all his losses are forgiven and we only look at his best form he is an absolute moral. Thankfully that's not how the great game works and why this outclassed galloper will BSP $40 before not threatening the place getters.

Ran past 7 individual G1 winners by my count.

Yet couldn't get within 1.5 lengths of Gatting - lol - that's not good enough to win an ASM and just yet another example of how he can't get near moderate winners at WFA.

It can't happen this Saturday because there are 4 star WFA gallopers here lengths better than anything else for a start - and then he has to hope multiple of those fail and he can be first home from a bunch of topline Group 1.5 horses/handicappers coming from dead last in a WFA race. It seems a highly improbable occurrence to my mind.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Yes - as always - if all his losses are forgiven and we only look at his best form he is an absolute moral. Thankfully that's not how the great game works and why this outclassed galloper will BSP $40 before not threatening the place getters.

Yeah sick, he should come 4th then, as stated earlier. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Back