Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Its only the opinion of the Fantasy guys, but ...

Miles Bergman (FWD, $170,000): Confirmed himself as a starter on your ground with an outstanding game. He had 86 with eight marks and is well and truly ready.

Lock him in! ;)

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
do we think he will stay a backman? or move into the midfield?

I like him in the backline for now but he plays like a sweeper in the backlines which is kinda like a deeper midfielder. Has shown enough to think he has a future in the midfield. I like him as a deeper player though using his smarts to get to the right spots and using his run and kicking to drive us forward.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Miles Bergman (FWD, $170,000): Confirmed himself as a starter on your ground with an outstanding game. He had 86 with eight marks and is well and truly ready.

Lock him in! ;)
If Hammer has injury concerns then Bergman has definitely shown enough to take his spot for the start of the season.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?

Lock him in! ;)
But will he play? If Hammer is fit, Jones and Bergman probably miss. If Hammer isn't fit, Jones or Bergman?

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
But will he play? If Hammer is fit, Jones and Bergman probably miss. If Hammer isn't fit, Jones or Bergman?
That is such a hard question to answer. I was really impressed by both on the weekend. I don't think you could make a bad decision either way.

Marat

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2017
Marrickville
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Might sound funny, but he reminds me of Pendlebury. He stands erect, moves so fluidly - almost effortlessly, and seems to have so much time to use the ball, even in tight situations. If we didnt have so much young talent in the team already, he is a player you put in from round 1 and just let him flourish & grow in confidence - Exactly what we did with Rozee, Duursma, and Butters.

Now however, he waits his turn. Hopefully with Hartlett's dodgy hamstring, his turn comes in round 1
Really like how his game is developing - throw in Mitch and am now sleeping comfortable knowing we have at least two good ones from that draft. Who does he remind me of? Tall, lean, upright, good movement across the ground, the wispy blonde hair - a young Milan Faletic for mine

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Really like how his game is developing - throw in Mitch and am now sleeping comfortable knowing we have at least two good ones from that draft. Who does he remind me of? Tall, lean, upright, good movement across the ground, the wispy blonde hair - a young Milan Faletic for mine
There is no such thing as a “young” Milan Faletic- he looked like he was late 50s his whole career.

Back