Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I just remembered jason wild... we used to work miracles with guys who could hardly kick a ball. You know he's 45 now. He could probably still get a game.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just on Tony Armstrong.... I dont recall him being whipped too much.............given he only played 6 games. Played 35 games in total at three different clubs so probably left each club before the whips cracked!!! Wasnt good enough to get enough games to be a whipping boy... its an age old problem.

But he is a real talent as a TV sports presenter...currently on ABC Breakfast. He has found his niche. Friendly, likeable and articulate. Good lookin rooster too!!

Quaynor. Defensively he’s a poor stopper. If he loose in defense he’ll collect the ball but what about defending. Yet to see it.
Outstanding work TG. Should have known that you'd see an opportunity to whip that the rest of us are blind to. OBree would have gotten his 200 if it was solely up to you.

Really need a thread devoted to whippers of whipping boys. What posters have really excelled at giving these blokes the lashes they deserve.

Just on Tony Armstrong.... I dont recall him being whipped too much.............given he only played 6 games. Played 35 games in total at three different clubs so probably left each club before the whips cracked!!! Wasnt good enough to get enough games to be a whipping boy... its an age old problem.

But he is a real talent as a TV sports presenter...currently on ABC Breakfast. He has found his niche. Friendly, likeable and articulate. Good lookin rooster too!!

Oh, he was whipped all right. He didn’t have to play much - that’s irrelevant.:oops:

Posters took a dislike to him...maybe because he came via other clubs where he’d been a so-so footballer. So the thinking was he’d have to be so-so for us.

I think Matt Rendell was also involved in recruiting him. Which may have been another negative. It doesn’t take much.

Remember Tim Gold? He was whipped just for breathing - he didn’t get near a game.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Outstanding work TG. Should have known that you'd see an opportunity to whip that the rest of us are blind to. OBree would have gotten his 200 if it was solely up to you.

Really need a thread devoted to whippers of whipping boys. What posters have really excelled at giving these blokes the lashes they deserve.

I tend to disagree with you on both counts. Firstly, Quaynor should really be in the build up stage. He's too good a player to be wasted on an early trashing. The second thing is that while the gold one is chillingly scathing towards most things, I just think he tends to go too early. I know that we'll disagree with me on this and I respect your opinion on the science of whipping.

I fully endorse some form of celebration for the whippers. Tireless work. Hall of fame? Bonus recognition from BF. Anyone who loves the club so much to trash the players so badly, really deserves everything coming to them.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oh, he was whipped all right. He didn’t have to play much - that’s irrelevant.:oops:

Posters took a dislike to him...maybe because he came via other clubs where he’d been a so-so footballer. So the thinking was he’d have to be so-so for us.

I think Matt Rendell was also involved in recruiting him. Which may have been another negative. It doesn’t take much.

Remember Tim Gold? He was whipped just for breathing - he didn’t get near a game.

I think Tony was a victim of being gutless, much like Ryan Lonie. Of course I should put that in BF speak - lacking in mongrel. I think mongrelity disguises a lot of failings in a player.

I think Tony was a victim of being gutless, much like Ryan Lonie. Of course I should put that in BF speak - lacking in mongrel. I think mongrelity disguises a lot of failings in a player.

Hmzz we need a new thread Collingwood players with Mongrel?
Be a very short list.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Darcy Cameron. He’s a poor mans Guy Richards.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I liked the hospital pass that Thomas gave to Kelly. It was really nicely done. It could have exposed Thomas to more whipping for a sh*t kick and some tried to take it that way, but more importantly it diverted us to canning Kelly for being made of glass - that's the whipping that will endure.
It didn't divert me. I saw it as a whipping opportunity for both players - the kicker and the glass man.

Quaynor. Defensively he’s a poor stopper. If he loose in defense he’ll collect the ball but what about defending. Yet to see it.

I suppose you've found it difficult for any defender to equal the shining brilliance of Henry Schade, hey TG.

I found his last game disappointing because it seemed to be manoeuvring him out of whipping territory.
Look, I think we can all agree that he's still a promising kid, so we should give him time to develop. But if by round 5, he's not as good as Guy McKenna or Corey Enright, let's smash him.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking forward to the game tonight. I'm expecting that the first time a Brody Grundy centre hitout finally lands into the hands of Adam Trelaor who then succesfully sends the ball downfield, that people will cry why he couldnt do that at Collingwood and why we got rid of him

So my early nomination for whipping boy 2021 round one is................Nathan Buckley!!!

Back