Recommitted Lachie Ash [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s this thing called the PSD

when you are out of contract the club loses leverage
is he out of contract now or end of the season ? if Now i agree the club loses leverage .

Out of contract at the end of the season, Ash said he had no intentions of going anywhere.

"The Sydney lifestyle is so good," he said. "I've got every ambition to stick around.

"The club's really good, they've helped me settle immensely, all the boys are really good.

"The only reason I'd ever leave is maybe through lack of opportunity, but I love my time here, I love the boys, there's nothing bad that would send me out the door. It's mine (opportunity) to kick away now.

In saying that he isn’t re-signed yet.

He is already best 22 and with coin.m
We will see I guess but I just can’t see it being North.
hes also not in vic and as mentioned in this covid world where borders can go up at any time i expect more players to request trades to their home state to avoid any border issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i mean you probably thought that about aidan corr too
but here we are with your starting CHB
money talks and combined with go home factor is deadly

Comparing Corr to Ash? That’s a new one.
He was a player who got offered so so so much more than he would elsewhere and jumped at the opportunity due to where he was in his career. He knew he wasn’t going to get that coin anywhere else.

Ash is nowhere near the same.

We lost a few stars last year both young and in their prime.

The player you got was the least of our concerns quality wise, no matter how well he was liked personally.

As I said previously it is very possible he leaves as he hasn’t signed yet. But I can’t see any reason why it would be north when there are better stronger clubs in Victoria who will leap at the chance and can also provide that opportunity.

More than likely we start well and he re-signs.

GWS have more than enough cash now to resign him on decent wages, if he's happy enough to stay.

Can't see him going anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back