Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Cerra is still very much potential to me. I think he'll get there, with both him and LDU having huge ceilings, but have to rate them clearly below those others for now. Of course, a lot can change in the space of a year so we could all have different answers by the end of this season
Agree that both Cerra & LDU will have 200+ game careers and will be good players but will they become the type of players we want from top 5 talent ?
In trading for Cerra im of the opinion whilst he is a nice player im not sure he will become a gun player that will justify 2 1st rounders or even a top 5 pick in 2021.

Happy to trade a pick between #15-#20 but a top 10 i would be thinking not based on exposed form so far. LDU even less

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra is still very much potential to me. I think he'll get there, with both him and LDU having huge ceilings, but have to rate them clearly below those others for now. Of course, a lot can change in the space of a year so we could all have different answers by the end of this season

He’s only finished top 3 in a b&f. You make him sound like someone that is a fringe best 22 player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for the neutrals to rank these players in order

Connor Rozee
Sam Walsh
Bailey Smith
Adam Cerra
Matt Rowell
LDU

Rozee
Rowell
Cerra
Smith
Walsh
<<<<<<<<<<daylight>>>>>>>>>

LDU

Tipping the daylight disappears this year.
Nah I don't think so

I think LDU will be a good solid player but he doesn't belong in the conversation with the other mentioned 5. You could have them in any order as they all look like being absolute elite players.

I see LDU having a career similar to Cunnington. A very good player but a drop down from the top level players

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Nah I don't think so

I think LDU will be a good solid player but he doesn't belong in the conversation with the other mentioned 5. You could have them in any order as they all look like being absolute elite players.

I see LDU having a career similar to Cunnington. A very good player but a drop down from the top level players
Thought the same of Petracca - who like LDU struggled with injuries early in his career. I will be surprised if there is daylight between Cerra, Rozee, Walsh and LDU. Rowell and Smith do look amazing however.

Thought the same of Petracca - who like LDU struggled with injuries early in his career. I will be surprised if there is daylight between Cerra, Rozee, Walsh and LDU. Rowell and Smith do look amazing however.
you could be right and I could be wrong, time will tell I guess. I actually rate Cerra & Rozee as the most damaging players out of all of them

With Petracca's injuries he still went at rough 18-19 touches and a goal a game for his first few years. LDU is going at about 14 and 0.2 goals a game (not that those stats correlate with future output)

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
By the end of this season, which is when any potential trade will happen, Jackson will have shown everyone else in the comp what we already know - that he can play multiple positions on the field including ruck, key forward, half forward and wing. The main reason he didn’t play more than six games last year is because he injured his hamstring, but he’ll play 22 games this year and show his capability and there is no way that after that we would accept Cerra in a straight swap for him knowing what his potential is as a key position player with freak athleticism, as good as Cerra is, because it’s a lot harder to find another Luke Jackson than it is another Adam Cerra.

I’m not sure what exactly upset you so much about my implication that the Dees would want more than Cerra for Jackson but facts are that athletic and tall key position players are generally considered to be more valuable than midfielders, and the market naturally values potential over a small amount of exposed form when it comes to second to fourth year players unless they’re already elite, which neither Jackson nor Cerra would qualify as yet. Whether that’s right or wrong is another thing, but I can guarantee that Cerra would not satisfy a trade for Jackson if the Dockers were trying to get him, which was the context for my original post. We took a huge risk selecting Jackson and the recruiters copped a lot of sh*t for it from fans and 12 months later Dees fans have unanimously changed their minds on Jackson based on how unique he’s shown himself to be. Wouldn’t make sense to give him up for Cerra now, esp considering our glut of midfielders. As skilled as Cerra is he’d be forced into a role at the Dees which is less valuable than what Jackson will provide as one of our few tall prospects . Not a slight against him, there just aren’t many midfielders we’d accept as a straight swap for Jackson.

Of course if Jackson goes off the rails like Hogan and we’re looking to force him out and rip Freo off before they notice something is wrong, we’d jump at it.
I asked about his 6 games.

You respond with a jumble of predictions "by the end of the season", an incorrect assumption about talls worth more than mids, and some unrelated crap about Jesse Hogan.

Pretty much encapsulates everything wrong with bf.

I asked about his 6 games.

You respond with a jumble of predictions "by the end of the season", an incorrect assumption about talls worth more than mids, and some unrelated crap about Jesse Hogan.

Pretty much encapsulates everything wrong with bf.
Mate you’re the one who got so incredibly upset about one inoffensive statement, I don’t think I’m the one with the issues here.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If I am Freo and Cerra wanted to go to North, I would be asking for North's first pick, not LDU.
I think in the not to far future you would live to regret that trade. Am i bias not at all. I follow all teams young blokes and hope they all succeed but i think we just might have a cracker in LDU.I would actually love Cerra but it would be a shame for Freo he has done the hard yards there stick around lad. I also rate Brayshaw a lot higher than most. He is going to be a great great player for Freo. Pick 2 to high not in my opinion at all.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cerra is a super talent I'm sure every Vic club would be making inquires or they should be.
Freo have really recruited well in recent yrs and are building a very good list.
I know Cerra had a really good relationship with Sam Hayes but that's not going to make any difference unfortunately it's obvious home our stay with Freo.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Cerra is a super talent I'm sure every Vic club would be making inquires or they should be.
Freo have really recruited well in recent yrs and are building a very good list.
I know Cerra had a really good relationship with Sam Hayes but that's not going to make any difference unfortunately it's obvious home our stay with Freo.

Will Hayes even be on Ports list in 2022 ?

ummmbont

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bailey Smith is 3 months older than Rowell.

Anyway Cerra going to hawthorn unfortunately but the house on it

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
DOCKERS OFFER LONG-TERM DEAL TO YOUNG STAR

FREMANTLE has moved to lock in young gun Adam Cerra, with the Dockers offering the emerging midfielder a four-year contract extension.

Cerra looms as one of the club's priority re-signings this season as he enters his fourth year at the club. His contract expires at the end of the year, with the Victorian remaining on the radar of clubs in his home state.

But the Dockers have put forward the long-term offer, which mirrors the tenure accepted by Andrew Brayshaw at the end of last season and would keep Cerra in purple until at least the end of 2025 when he would qualify as a free agent.

Brayshaw (No.2 overall) and Cerra (No.5) were selected at the 2017 NAB AFL Draft.

The 21-year-old has been a constant member of Fremantle's line-up since joining the club, missing only three games in the past three seasons and last year playing every game under new coach Justin Longmuir.

The classy ball-user is settled in Perth with his partner, and is considered a huge part of the Dockers' climb up the ladder.

Cerra, who has not been in a rush to re-sign, is expected to feature this season as an inside midfielder, having been a regular wingman last year as well as stints across half-back and half-forward in his career so far. - Callum Twomey

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Bailey Smith is 3 months older than Rowell.

Anyway Cerra going to hawthorn unfortunately but the house on it

Given the Hawks will finish bottom 4 this season, their first pick with Freo's first 2nd rounder going back Hawthorn's way for Cerra seems like a fair deal.

CarltonBlooz

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Given the Hawks will finish bottom 4 this season, their first pick with Freo's first 2nd rounder going back Hawthorn's way for Cerra seems like a fair deal.

He won't leave, why would you, Freo on the up and up and lol Fremantle list manager should be sacked if he went for that.

Will delay being signed to maximize $$$$.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
The West reporting sources close to Cerra are saying he'd prefer a shorter deal, although it's not clear if a 2 year offer rather than 4 would speed up the re-signing.

Back