List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Here is what Google is telling me.

Tharial Ter - Overager. Was on the Chargers list in 2019 as a 17yo but didn't play a game.
Lachlan Dunneman - From Tennant Creek. Has played rep footy in the NT. Was described as a wingman.
Luke Kelvie - Overager. Was on the Chargers list in 2019 as a 17yo but didn't play a game.
Youseph Dib - Played 1 game with Oakleigh in 2019 as a 16yo. Has trained with the Pies over the summer.
Liam McDermott - Played Yarra JFL's u16s interleague in 2019. Was described as a running half back.
Benjamin Quaynor - Presumably brother of Isaac. Doesn't seem to have played much high level junior footy yet.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Tharial Ter - Overager. Was on the Chargers list in 2019 as a 17yo but didn't play a game.
Lachlan Dunneman - From Tennant Creek. Has played rep footy in the NT. Was described as a wingman.
Luke Kelvie - Overager. Was on the Chargers list in 2019 as a 17yo but didn't play a game.
Youseph Dib - Played 1 game with Oakleigh in 2019 as a 16yo. Has trained with the Pies over the summer.
Liam McDermott - Played Yarra JFL's u16s interleague in 2019. Was described as a running half back.
Benjamin Quaynor - Presumably brother of Isaac. Doesn't seem to have played much high level junior footy yet.
This is Dunneman (the one on the left): Lachlan's glorious Trans-Tasman tour - Department of Education
1615537225202.png

1615537389918.png

1615537730145.png

It seems he was draft eligible last year.

Last edited:

COLLINGWOOD
Tharial Ter
Lachlan Dunneman
Luke Kelvie
Youseph Dib
Liam McDermott
Benjamin Quaynor

Isaac has 3 brothers and a half brother.

It u19’s not u18’s anymore. The overage guys you listed are actually just top-age now.

Dib is likely it seems. But after Briskey trained with us and got knocked back... who knows.

The others seem a long shot. Especially with reduced list sizes.
I think if Dib is available to us with a bid after 20 he’s a lock. Unless we trade back in to the draft after Daicos is selected, he’s likely the best talent we’ll have access to. Add to that the ‘Do Better’ initiative requiring greater diversity within the club, and it feels like it’s not possible for the kid to be overlooked unless something drastic happens this year.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are they reducing list spots again at the end of the year?

Not confirmed. But not out of the question as I see it. Rumours were that list spots might restructure over a few years.

Given the profile of the list; we have probably only minimal delistements and retirements at years end. 6 or less is my guess.

Not much room then for academy kids that aren’t playing NAB league or state league footy in 2021

Not confirmed. But not out of the question as I see it. Rumours were that list spots might restructure over a few years.

Given the profile of the list; we have probably only minimal delistements and retirements at years end. 6 or less is my guess.

Not much room then for academy kids that aren’t playing NAB league or state league footy in 2021
Yeah, we'll have minimal changes I imagine. A couple retirments maybe.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

I could see up to 8 with Mayne, Greenwood, Lynch, Thomas, C. Brown, Sier, Cameron, Madgen.
Then not sure what’s happening with Murphy if he’s a Farmer situation, bit of a concern he isn’t even on extended bench for practice games.
Cox will depend on how he performs this season + whether we can recruit a key forward in free agency

I could see up to 8 with Mayne, Greenwood, Lynch, Thomas, C. Brown, Sier, Cameron, Madgen.
Then not sure what’s happening with Murphy if he’s a Farmer situation, bit of a concern he isn’t even on extended bench for practice games.
Cox will depend on how he performs this season + whether we can recruit a key forward in free agency
Good luck if you think they are delisting C Brown in contract

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cameron??!!! He isn’t going anywhere.
I’d hate to lose Lynch, but I think it is more likely that he will be offered more opportunity by another club.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good luck if you think they are delisting C Brown in contract
really i thought he was out of contract? what about WHE?

Cameron??!!! He isn’t going anywhere.
I’d hate to lose Lynch, but I think it is more likely that he will be offered more opportunity by another club.
You think they are good? Lynch has barely played in like 5 years, see how Cameron goes this year but I am doubtful

edit: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/03/08/collingwood-re-sign-young-trio-to-two-year-extensions/

wow Callum really is signed up for next season

Last edited:

SchuPie

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Canucks
Madgen signed a 2 year deal I think.

Out of contract is:

Tohil, Sier, Mayne, Cameron, Chugg Ginnivan, Rantall, Noble, Thomas, Greenwood, Pendles, Wilson, Ruscoe, Bianco. Lynch? (footywire doesn't say)

They wont delist the kids.
Yeah, cal and tyler signed a 2 year deal at the start of 2020.

WHE OOC 2022 also.

No much flexibility

Our contracts/ signings/ list profile management from the outside just seems to lack structure and timing.
Add to this the inflated contracts for Treloar and Phillips (Stevo I get) over the last few years...vexing!

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
really i thought he was out of contract? what about WHE?

You think they are good? Lynch has barely played in like 5 years, see how Cameron goes this year but I am doubtful

edit: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/03/08/collingwood-re-sign-young-trio-to-two-year-extensions/

wow Callum really is signed up for next season
Lynch is a 22yr old ruckman. Came to the club in 2017 from soccer. Understandable he hasn’t played.
And Cameron has played 10 games of football (most of which were in 2020) and has shown he can play. You really think he is that bad and we have much better prospects???

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
No much flexibility

Our contracts/ signings/ list profile management from the outside just seems to lack structure and timing.
Add to this the inflated contracts for Treloar and Phillips (Stevo I get) over the last few years...vexing!

Whilst I agree in some respects because of the names (we have a lot of meh contracted for 2022) that list is pretty standard. In any given year a third of your list is OOC and by my count 15 is there or thereabouts. After the list turnover of 2020 I don’t think we’ll be terribly busy this off season with my tip 3 draft picks and a couple of pro scout additions.

Billys Back this is make or break for Lynch at Collingwood. He had theee seasons on the rookie list and then signed a two year deal to go onto the senior list making this the final year of his contract. He may get lucky and be thrown a lifeline (I mean 200cm guys that are remotely athletic linger for ages these days), but he needs to show something to survive at Collingwood. Let’s be frank he showed nothing in his one match, was nowhere near it this pre-season, is one dimensional (ruck only) and is yet to have a breakout state league game. Other than being tall and from an alternative background what have you actually seen him do that gives you hope?

Last edited:

riddick78

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Madgen signed a 2 year deal I think.

Out of contract is:

Tohil, Sier, Mayne, Cameron, Chugg Ginnivan, Rantall, Noble, Thomas, Greenwood, Pendles, Wilson, Ruscoe, Bianco. Lynch? (footywire doesn't say)

They wont delist the kids.

I think all the kids will get resigned, plus Thomas, Pendles, Noble, Cameron, the ones i think may not.

Seir - depends on the year he has. I'm hoping he finds his 2018 form.
Mayne/Greenwood - Depends if kids step up, which we really need to happen.
Lynch - mmm how much more do we invest in this kid? i understand he's a ruck/forward and they take time, he's played 1 horrible game and hasn't pushed for selection. But there is always 1 or 2 players on our list that everyone seems to talk up, but never amount to anything and end up being delisted, i'd put Murphy on that list. I hope they prove me wrong.

I think all the kids will get resigned, plus Thomas, Pendles, Noble, Cameron, the ones i think may not.

Seir - depends on the year he has. I'm hoping he finds his 2018 form.
Mayne/Greenwood - Depends if kids step up, which we really need to happen.
Lynch - mmm how much more do we invest in this kid? i understand he's a ruck/forward and they take time, he's played 1 horrible game and hasn't pushed for selection. But there is always 1 or 2 players on our list that everyone seems to talk up, but never amount to anything and end up being delisted, i'd put Murphy on that list. I hope they prove me wrong.
I agree with that. Greenwood/Mayne should be their last year. Lynch prob on his last chance. Sier.. if he cant make this year as a regular best 22..

Back