Delisted #32: Josh Eyre - Not offered a contract but will trial for SSP rookie spot - 11/11

32 eyre.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim Watson on SEN this morning said that Josh shot him a text, asking him to present him the #32 jumper.

Only issue is he'll be presenting the news, so they've organised another time to catch up and chat.

I think I heard that Justin Blumfield will present it to him instead.

Tim Watson on SEN this morning said that Josh shot him a text, asking him to present him the #32 jumper.

Only issue is he'll be presenting the news, so they've organised another time to catch up and chat.

I'm ******* moist.

I'm ******* moist.
If this is how Truck is going to run things, and embrace the history and great players of years gone by, then I'm all over it.

Big Slam

Debutant
Aug 9, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon

Travis Colyer not available?

/sarcasm.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

When people talk about under rated players, Blumfield was the poster child for it in that super team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Eyre
“Josh Eyre got half a game. He was a bit crook during the week, so it was good that he at least got to play. He worked hard. We’ve got a lot of work to do with the young forwards on their running patterns. It’s all new to them how we play, so he’s got some work to do there, but he’s one of those guys who’s really eager to listen and get better.”

"Josh kicked 3.2. On any other day it should have been five straight; he missed a couple he was disappointed with. He competed really well in the air. At times he was on good players, competing two against one and holding his own to either mark the ball or bring it to ground. He played a half last week and played three quarters this week, so he's just building his fitness, but he's showing good improvement and is impacting games."

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Was looking over our list and didn't realise he was an October 2002 birthday (18.5), his development has grown rapidly from not being apart of the initial Cannons squad to being drafted with very little football in the space of 24 months can only bode well once he gets games consistently going.

Every bit of footage I've seen reminds me of Jeremy Cameron, that long extension when kicking in particular.

Also, worth noting, in his draft video, most of his highlights are in the back half so obviously capable playing in defence.

Building his tank and learning to run patterns
“It was good from Josh. He got a lot of ball running the patterns that we wanted him to run. He was playing against quite a strong player from Frankston, so it was a really good test for him. He cramped a little bit which has been happening the last few games but he comes off, he gets himself right and he gets back out there again. He’s just playing more and more game time every week so it was good to see him out there a bit longer this week.”

Fitness is improving but not getting much ball in the VFL.

Josh Eyre
Stats: Eight disposals, three marks

“[It was a] tough game for Josh. He worked hard and got through the game, which was good. He got through fitness-wise which was really good, but he didn’t really get much of the ball.”

Back