News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Saints have that video up of McKernan & Hunter, but can’t find a picture or put his name on the team list.
Also no photo of Matty Allison, it has definitely been updated recently as can be seen by that flying mullet of Jack Sinclair.
C’mon Saints media, surely it’snot that hard.

So the Saints have that video up of McKernan & Hunter, but can’t find a picture or put his name on the team list.
Also no photo of Matty Allison, it has definitely been updated recently as can be seen by that flying mullet of Jack Sinclair.
It's the AFL who is responsible for updating the team lists and the players photos on club websites, not the clubs.

I'm pretty sure the team photo day was prior to Hunter's appearance at Stkilda.

Every year it takes for ever to get the player picks updated, but worse imo is the fact their info doesn't get updated.
Jack Bytel listed at 78kgs looks like a huge pig dog next to JB who looks like a malnourished rabbit at 79kgs.

Individual clubs would do a much better job at this than the afl, but the digital media arm of the league has always been dreadful to the point that they must want it that way...

I'm pretty sure the team photo day was prior to Hunter's appearance at Stkilda.

Every year it takes for ever to get the player picks updated, but worse imo is the fact their info doesn't get updated.
Jack Bytel listed at 78kgs looks like a huge pig dog next to JB who looks like a malnourished rabbit at 79kgs.

Individual clubs would do a much better job at this than the afl, but the digital media arm of the league has always been dreadful to the point that they must want it that way...
Yeah it’s a shambles. Unfortunately I don’t have any faith in our media department to do a better job, even if they had control. We get so little content compared to other clubs. It’s the one area of the club that remains incredibly amateur. Even my local club produces considerably more media content.

Yeah it’s a shambles. Unfortunately I don’t have any faith in our media department to do a better job, even if they had control. We get so little content compared to other clubs. It’s the one area of the club that remains incredibly amateur. Even my local club produces considerably more media content.
If they want to get there fan base happy and more memberships they have to start informing us about the players - for instance I still have not seen anything about the Carlton VFL game - who played - did Alabakis have a go in the ruck , did Joyce have a good game , is Carlisle ready to go , how did Dunstan go.
It wouldn't be to hard for someone to write something.

The Age's chief football writer has penned a season preview where he mentions 17 teams. Takes a special effort to leave out just one.

The Age's chief football writer has penned a season preview where he mentions 17 teams. Takes a special effort to leave out just one.

It’s cause we don’t have enough players to field a team this year

Haha!! Those idiots want to pay down debt. They obviously have no idea!!
Not wrong with paying down debt, nothing wrong with HAVING debt, it is two different arguments.

We hear the moaning about 'debt' without any context. Operating debt is so very different to capital debt, and the ability to service it is another issue.

Also don't be swayed about what debt and what 'chunk' is being paid down. Without knowing exactly the terms of the debt, when the repayment falls due, what type of repayment etc.

It is always interesting to read these articles about 'debt' and 'profit' etc. Don't misunderstand, paying down debt is good, however it is just a normal part of business. the worry would be if the loans fell due and we couldn't pay.

It's the AFL who is responsible for updating the team lists and the players photos on club websites, not the clubs.
Well maybe we havnt given them the content to put up , in any case the club should be telling the AFL to pull the finger out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So i checked a few clubs out and the AFL hasn't updated them even 4 days out from the first game and even more surprising who Richmond have signed up as a new recruit

All clubs had to cull personnel last year for the AFL to be able to convince banks to underwrite half a billion dollars worth of debt. We had a great content production team prior to this, the series 'The March' was a great example. It's no coincidence this content disappeared at the outbreak of the pandemic. What would you rather the club spend money on, the football department or media production? I know which I'd choose..

All clubs had to cull personnel last year for the AFL to be able to convince banks to underwrite half a billion dollars worth of debt. We had a great content production team prior to this, the series 'The March' was a great example. It's no coincidence this content disappeared at the outbreak of the pandemic. What would you rather the club spend money on, the football department or media production? I know which I'd choose..
It is an area we have been sporadic and often weak in, prior to covid hitting. There have been times when it has been pretty good but on the whole, we have been behind most clubs. There has been regular criticism on this board over the years.

I also don't think it's something that can be completely placed under the banner of covid as an excuse. The bulldogs aren't a big club with lots of resources, yet they have far more videos on their website constantly. Supporters don't need brilliantly produced documentaries, just a bit of access to the players and coaches. You could film a five minute interview with a player on an iphone and fans would be happy.

It is an area we have been sporadic and often weak in, prior to covid hitting. There have been times when it has been pretty good but on the whole, we have been behind most clubs. There has been regular criticism on this board over the years.

I also don't think it's something that can be completely placed under the banner of covid as an excuse. The bulldogs aren't a big club with lots of resources, yet they have far more videos on their website constantly. Supporters don't need brilliantly produced documentaries, just a bit of access to the players and coaches. You could film a five minute interview with a player on an iphone and fans would be happy.
Exactly right. It's not hard, im assuming we still would have to have a paid media department. They would have to be filming match sim stuff anyway, it's not hard to grab 2 minutes of footage and upload on the website once a week/fortnight. Also, im assuming the club had at least 1 coach at the VFL praccy against Carlton? Literally all it takes is getting the media department to ask how the team went and give a paragraph on who played well, maybe take a few photo's or just ask Carlton to use some of their footage, because it was at their ground and they filmed it.

Honestly, if you need an iphone interview to keep you happy with the club, it might be time for a new hobby

Honestly, if you need an iphone interview to keep you happy with the club, it might be time for a new hobby
I definitely do, no doubt about that :laughing:.

I am happy with the club and they are ticking most boxes at the moment. On field signs are very promising. That doesn't mean every aspect of the club is perfect though. My point wasnt that we need an iphone interview, but that the bar is not so high for content production that nothing is better than decent. Something is better than nothing when it comes to fan engagement. Anyway, it's not the end of the world.

Telstra pays the AFL for the right to run this stuff. The AFL know that Telstra Media is almost completely incompetent, but they can't walk away from the millions of bucks a year they get handed. The fans are the losers.

It's time to unite once more:

👉 https://www.saints.com.au/news/880059/it-s-time-to-unite-once-more

Nearly 150 years of history, and our story echoes through generations.

We’ve travelled the hard road, and we'll keep fighting. Down to our last breath.

Written off, we rise.

Rise from the field, the canvas, from our seats and from within. Rise and rise again.

Because every Saint knows what’s at stake. Every Saint knows we each have our part to play.

The faithful, the players, the coaches, and the giants who've gone before. We share one universal bond.

Strength Through Loyalty.

Never has it meant this much.

It’s time to unite once more.

TOGETHER WE RISE: JOIN NOW AND BECOME A MEMBER TODAY

It’s time to honour our past and look with hope to our future.

It’s time to scream ourselves hoarse as new heroes emerge.

Daring, bold, fast, exciting - that’s who we are.

We don’t just dare to dream, we dare to look the best squarely in the eye and beat them.

That's opportunity, staring us in the face.

We can live on forever, in the hallowed halls of the red, white and black.

But only together, united behind one banner, can we achieve what others said we couldn’t.

Together We Rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back