EPL Matchday 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me a spell.

Granit Xhaka does it every week for Arsenal and is a complete shittruck of a footballer. Spurs just giving some back.

Lamela's goal was filthy as fu** but Arsenal deserved to win by a couple of goals at least.
20210315_085838.jpg

That would be a start.

You get the feeling that Tuchel thinks you get bonus points for keeping clean sheets, which as lovely as they are, when you also aren't scoring, make for laborious bore fests. I don't know what it is about Chelsea, but they aren't even creating decent chances and with the supposed quality of players at our disposal, makes you question whether a lot of them even have any quality. It is patently obvious they aren't gelling though.

Still think Giroud should've been subbed on with at least half an hour to go.
oh my god

If Lacazette doesn't slice his shot towards the corner flag before the tackle, the tackle blocks an on target shot and we all applaud Sanchez. I'm not his biggest fan but thought Sanchez was one of our few that had an okay showing cleaning up Doherty's mess and the penalty was very stiff.

Give me a spell.

Granit Xhaka does it every week for Arsenal and is a complete shittruck of a footballer. Spurs just giving some back.

Xhaka is pulled up on it, basically every week. Kane is the FA's golden boy so will never be given more than a slap on the wrist for all the s**t he pulls.

Dirtiest player in the league for mine, and probably worse than Ramires ever was.

If Lacazette doesn't slice his shot towards the corner flag before the tackle, the tackle blocks an on target shot and we all applaud Sanchez. I'm not his biggest fan but thought Sanchez was one of our few that had an okay showing cleaning up Doherty's mess and the penalty was very stiff.

It's a really tough penalty to concede. Felt for Sanchez - he fared very well for 99% of it.

Yeah unfortunate for Sanchez that Lacazette just slices it and makes no contact with the ball. Would of otherwise been a great block.

Kane certainly receives some leeway for being England captain etc. Not many others would get away with his incidents of tunnelling and so on.

Lacazette scuffing the shot did work in Arsenal’s favour. A harsh penalty to concede really, will definitely take the stroke of fortune particularly with the handball not called against Burnley last week. That was unlucky for Sanchez.

Xhaka is pulled up on it, basically every week. Kane is the FA's golden boy so will never be given more than a slap on the wrist for all the sh*t he pulls.

Dirtiest player in the league for mine, and probably worse than Ramires ever was.

Dirtiest player in the league?

You don't watch much football, do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah unfortunate for Sanchez that Lacazette just slices it and makes no contact with the ball. Would of otherwise been a great block.
I guess this is why Mou cracked the shits about it. Sanchez is legally stopping a shot at goal but illegally a fluffed shot. And that is what was paid

100kg of water.

Lots of players are just soft and play act. How often will you see a player fall to the ground and stay there for up to a minute while the other team is attacking and then he suddenly gets up and starts running? It’s as good as his team being reduced to 10 men for that minute. I mean, haven’t these idiots realised that the ref will only stop the play for head knocks or serious injuries. Not for play acting, which refs are very good at identifying.

I guess this is why Mou cracked the shits about it. Sanchez is legally stopping a shot at goal but illegally a fluffed shot. And that is what was paid
Definitely never a penalty, though Sanchez's technique in the challenge didn't help the cause.

Dirtiest player in the league?

You don't watch much football, do you?
zvatjr98a1n61.png

I'm not sure it is illegal in any sense - strikers get clipped after shooting by attempted blocks all the time and they are never penalties

The fact that Lacazette thinks they were lucky to get the decision says a lot imo. This is not the comment of someone who thinks they deserved the decision they got

Last edited:
Difference being Xhaka gets picked up for all of his numerous stupid moments.

Kane has it in him, but he is never pulled up on it.

Kane has some niggle in him, that is unquestionable but one of your Gooner mates claimed he was the dirtiest player in the league which is complete horseshit.

According to transfermarkt.com (and the Premier League site for fouls committed)

Harry Kane - career matches 404
Fouls per game (Premier League) - 1.0
Yellow cards (career) - 35 (1 every 861 minutes)
Red cards (career) - 1

Granit Xhaka - career matches 453
Fouls per game (Premier League) - 1.5
Yellow cards (career) - 111 (1 every 319 minutes)
Red cards (career) - 11

He's not in Xhaka's class for grubbiness. Not even close.

Kane has some niggle in him, that is unquestionable but one of your Gooner mates claimed he was the dirtiest player in the league which is complete horseshit.

According to transfermarkt.com (and the Premier League site for fouls committed)

Harry Kane - career matches 404
Fouls per game (Premier League) - 1.0
Yellow cards (career) - 35 (1 every 861 minutes)
Red cards (career) - 1

Granit Xhaka - career matches 453
Fouls per game (Premier League) - 1.5
Yellow cards (career) - 111 (1 every 319 minutes)
Red cards (career) - 11

He's not in Xhaka's class for grubbiness. Not even close.

The argument is that he doesn't get pulled up on it. Therefore, taking a quantitative approach here is pointless.

In my opinion, he's the league's dirtiest. No doubt a heap will disagree but I'm entitled to my take as much as you are to yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back