2021 Lions Off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

The love affair for Port confuses me as well. They almost beat Richmond in the finals, we did beat Richmond in the finals and not only that but we beat Port during the season.
Perhaps because they signed Fantasia and Aliir. Sure we got Daniher who's a bigger name than either of them, but since he hasn't played much in the last three seasons, people are skeptical of his potential contribution.

Perhaps because they signed Fantasia and Aliir. Sure we got Daniher who's a bigger name than either of them, but since he hasn't played much in the last three seasons, people are skeptical of his potential contribution.

Fantasia and Aliir haven’t done much the past few years

Fantasia has been rowing the same boat as Daniher the last couple of years.
Just as much of an unknown really.

Goals in 17,18 and 19
Daniher - 80
Fantasia - 79
What's your point? This data shows you that Daniher has done squat since 2017 but you can't say the same of Fantasia. Fantasia has had one bad year, Daniher has had three. I think Daniher is going to have a much better year than Fantasia this year, but there's a reason the media are sleeping on him.

What's your point? This data shows you that Daniher has done squat since 2017 but you can't say the same of Fantasia. Fantasia has had one bad year, Daniher has had three. I think Daniher is going to have a much better year than Fantasia this year, but there's a reason the media are sleeping on him.
There has been a fair bit of talk about Daniher.
I myself haven’t heard too much about Fantasia.
Other than the fact that he had a good half of football the other day.

I hope he fires. They'll be all over him like flies to the proverbial if he snags six goals in the first game.

It will be interesting whether the Selwyn Griffith's departure has any effect on injury list and even then, if a direct correlation could be drawn if our injury list does increase.
Theoretically, the knowledge should stay in the club. The danger comes when you get someone coming in from ourstide wanting to do things their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally no discussion of us on on the couch when talking about the contenders - the dogs got air time!

I’m pretty reasonable and I don’t think it is wrong to suggest we could slip to the bottom of the 8th but I’m quite baffled at the media consensus that we aren’t worth discussing as a premiership threat at all.

Last edited:
Literally no discussion of us on coach when talking about the contenders - the dogs got air time!

I’m pretty reasonable and I don’t think it is wrong to suggest we could slip to the bottom of the 8th but I’m quite baffled at the media consensus that we aren’t worth discussing as a premiership threat at all.
Matthew Lloyd said we are a top 2 lock and very much a premiership contender in his preview of our season on afl.com, I can't recall any other pundits having us that highly rated though.

Pretty sure we were the 2nd favourite for the flag by the club captain survey. I would like more attention in the media, just for myself to consume. However, i also really enjoy flying under the radar.

Pretty sure we were the 2nd favourite for the flag by the club captain survey. I would like more attention in the media, just for myself to consume. However, i also really enjoy flying under the radar.
This is absolutely what should be doing, just worry about what we can control, block any outside noise and lock in.

Literally no discussion of us on on the couch when talking about the contenders - the dogs got air time!

Same with the Age podcast, barely a word spoken about the Non Vic sides (and North).

We said the exact same thing. On the couch boys talking about the teams who can push Richmond " excuse me did we not beat them in the finals last year" to top it off no mention in the top 3 with any of them and Gerald goes on to say my next pick after my top 3 is west coast.??? Seriously.

Give me "under the radar" every day of the week - a much better place to be for a young team.

We said the exact same thing. On the couch boys talking about the teams who can push Richmond " excuse me did we not beat them in the finals last year" to top it off no mention in the top 3 with any of them and Gerald goes on to say my next pick after my top 3 is west coast.??? Seriously.
Healy has always had a WA leaning. Not sure why. If anyone can elucidate?

Matthew Lloyd said we are a top 2 lock and very much a premiership contender in his preview of our season on afl.com, I can't recall any other pundits having us that highly rated though.

Geez it's a surprise coming from him, he's been one of the most consistently down on us over the last few years.

Healy has always had a WA leaning. Not sure why. If anyone can elucidate?
He’s not from there for a start but I think his affection for the WA clubs and unwillingness to ever speak ill of them, particularly West Coast is because of the relationships he’s formed with a lot of WA football heavyweights that he’s from flying to WA every weekend and spending a hell of a lot of time in Perth and covering WA matches pretty much every weekend for the better part of 20 years.

As a result, like a lot of footy journos in Melbourne that never speak ill of Collingwood due to being afraid of Ed and their other powerbrokers, Gerard has clearly become an apologist for the WA teams; that much is abundantly clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back