Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
paying off a layby on a $300 workshop vacuum in 2 weeks, so there was my protein money, but gotta keep the garage clean).

Ahem. A $300 vacuum for the garage? Really pups?

Have you not heard of a broom?

You have to stop watching garage gym reviews. Coop is a trolling campaigner. Next thing you know you'll be buying those pizza bumper plates.

Tell you what I'm going to do for you. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, I see 2 yes two sets of Ironmaster dumbbell stands, and what looks to be 2 sets of Ironmaster dumbbells sitting on them in that gym pic you posted up.

I'll take the heaviest set off your hands for $300, and you still have one set to do your bicep curls and lateral raises AND, more importantly, cash money with which to buy proteinz so your gains aren't catabolized.

Alls you have to do is promise not to beat the living suitcase out of me when I come to pick them up, for all the mad s**t talking I've been doing.

Ahem. A $300 vacuum for the garage? Really pups?

Have you not heard of a broom?
Yes, actually no, tis $299 actually, already put a $75 deposit on it though.

I have a broom, it is scheissenhausen to use on these mats, dry mops work far better on them, but even then it ain't catching all the insects and grass clippings that find its way in, particularly around the roller door and along the sides, normally needs a weekly clean, sometimes I'll be lucky and only every 2 weeks it needs a once over.

I ain't grabbing the Miele we use indoors for the garage

I wasted $90 about 5 months ago on a little cordless handheld, only good for a little bit of dust, terrible for everything else, I need a big upgrade = that vac will do the cars or whatever too

Was considering getting a blower, but I don't think it'd be that effective in this type of aging garage, would be better in a newer, more open space. Used my Mums blower vac a few times, only good for grass/leaves/insects/cobwebs but it's dusty work.

You have to stop watching garage gym reviews. Coop is a trolling campaigner. Next thing you know you'll be buying those pizza bumper plates.
Mate, most of the s**t he buys is only available in America aside from some Rogue and Ironmaster stuff.

Tell you what I'm going to do for you. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, I see 2 yes two sets of Ironmaster dumbbell stands, and what looks to be 2 sets of Ironmaster dumbbells sitting on them in that gym pic you posted up.

I'll take the heaviest set off your hands for $300, and you still have one set to do your bicep curls and lateral raises AND, more importantly, cash money with which to buy proteinz so your gains aren't catabolized.

Alls you have to do is promise not to beat the living suitcase out of me when I come to pick them up, for all the mad sh*t talking I've been doing.
How about

You can have my pair of hex 15s for $300 and I'll give ya the handheld vacuum as a sweetner, it has really good battery life actually (the 15s are my heaviest hex pair atm)

Then I'll buy a new pair of 15s at $4 a kilo, so $120 from CFE and with the $180 leftover I'll probably have enough for 3 months worth of protein

That or I'll grab a pair of 6s and 8s instead of the protein (maybe can buy a small 1kg tub with the loose change)

I'll sell my full $2495 Ironmaster kit for a good offer

$4000 or so

A fair counter offer I'd have thought considering I'll have to buy replacements and won't be able to do heavy dumbbells for a few weeks/months until replacements are delivered, plus you won't have to wait unlike myself ;)

Thankfully i realised why you take the clamps off before i ever tried to go too big without a spotter.

If you havent been pinned at least once you aint trying hard enough.

All newbies love the eccentric phase of the bench press, when they unrack the barbell and allow gravity to drop it onto their chest.:drunk:

It is the concentric phase which is scary as f**k, if your stupid enough to not take precautions and go beyond your capabilities. I remember a couple of months back this guy at my gym, had a look of terror when he got pinned. Its the same look I had as a newbie once. lol.:$

I do agree it is a rite of passage going to the gym, I would be surprised if its not happened to every poster on here at least once in their lifetime.

I can get 15 kg dumbbells for $67.50 each from Rebelsport.

You price gouger!
You sound like the type of guy that would buy a 24/7 gym membership rock up at 3am and build your own home gym. lol. :D

In all seriousness, I remember this time last year, I got one of the last dumbbell/barbell sets from Rebel Sport back in March. They made an absolute killing due to coronavirus, pardon the pun.:$

I only regret not buying a few and selling them for double the price on gumtree as what many were doing with their old gym equipment.

All you guys on here make me laugh. :D :thumbsu:

Got me thinking imagine if we all worked out at the same gym? :think:

I probably would drop kick the first f**ker that put on the fan/ac when I arrived lol.:mad:
You and ET would definitely form an allegiance based off the fans/AC :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You and ET would definitely form an allegiance based off the fans/AC :p
Im already showing early signs of a cold/flu/corona. :$

I will make sure to go to the gym tomorrow, runny nose or not. See if I can take out a few campaigners via aerosol transmission. :drunk:

Amazingly given our disagreement about how to approach it me and ET are in agreement about no fans/ac in the gym.

Give me an old school sweat box anyday.
At my gym its always the fat and unfit f**kers that are turning them on too. :mad:

Sweating is actual a good way to cleanse the body of toxins. :think:

Im always about 1 to 1.5kgs lighter after a workout. :drunk:

80% of the time I'd agree

Those 20% are high humidity or stinking hot days (tbf I prefer dry stinking hot over warm + high humidity)
Even then.

My gym in Sydney was an old school iron paradise in a shed with a couple of big fans.

Hot/humid days you could watch the sweat pooling on the floor in front of the boxing bag, it was paradise.

80% of the time I'd agree

Those 20% are high humidity or stinking hot days (tbf I prefer dry stinking hot over warm + high humidity)
Even then.

My gym in Sydney was an old school iron paradise in a shed with a couple of big fans.

Hot/humid days you could watch the sweat pooling on the floor in front of the boxing bag, it was paradise.

FFS who the hell trains and actively wants a/c and fans in an indoor gym, if they are preparing themselves for competitive sport?

Would you like a cocktail with your biceps curls? :drunk:

Drinking+gym+lifting+weights+GIF

Mind you I do like the windows open for circulation of air. :$

At my gym its always the fat and unfit f**kers that are turning them on too. :mad:

Sweating is actual a good way to cleanse the body of toxins. :think:

Im always about 1 to 1.5kgs lighter after a workout. :drunk:
not if you have a highly sensitive immune system that is triggered by sweat :cryv1:

having said that, sometimes ill work up a bit of a sweat, makes me feel like ive work out hard (even if i actually hadnt)

not if you have a highly sensitive immune system that is triggered by sweat :cryv1:

having said that, sometimes ill work up a bit of a sweat, makes me feel like ive work out hard (even if i actually hadnt)
Shouldn’t you be home hiding from covid?

In all seriousness I used to go for a run or jump on an exercise bike if I was hungover or starting to get sick. Good sweat always made me feel better

Just train like a powerlifter.

Take your shoes off. Make a big production out of putting your weight belt on and setting up the lift....Lift....lie down on the deadlift platform and stare into your phone for 30 minutes...totally ignore the starting strength kids waiting patiently to use the rack and slowly losing their minds....then get up and do another set.

If you do it correctly you might never have to sweat in the weights room ever again.

I think you need to post less and less of about fans.

In fairness if you only go to the gym a few times a year, you do want fans/AC/soft drinks/food while working out.

In America at Planet Fitness they serve Pizza. I think peternorth would appreciate that gym environment a lot more.

I seriously would change gyms if they offered free Pizza at the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back