Multiplat Cricket 19

Bowling at club level is way too easy. Have it set to max difficulty and AI yet my 10 overs go for 2/10 or something, and I have no points in to bowling lol.

It's still fun though but it would be nice if they went over the top a bit.

Been playing the Xbox version a little more

Batting is batting, while I haven't reached the lofty heights of DBC + Ashes 17 where I was able to score 300-400+ as a single batsman yet, I'm scoring centuries regularly, commonly getting 130-190 before I either hit out too often, get declared on (grr) or I run out of partners to keep the innings going. I commonly have to come in with the innings already at 4/28 - 4/98 and then try to build it to something worthwhile to defend (which is doable regardless if it's a 50 over or shield match). In past games (Cricket 19 on Switch, Ashes 17, DBC etc) once I get to be captain I generally do alter the batting line up so I can open the batting (yes I know I should put myself as an opener to begin with.... oh well lol) and set the tone of the batting innings and the2 match itself.

Spin bowling is still my batting weakness, I tend to just use sweep shots against it as it's the easiest shot for me to time AND actually score runs from when facing spinners.

Bowling is hit and miss. I prefer to be a left arm fast bowler emulating my real self :p. Club level is easy, I should have just toiled there for an extra season to build the stats up.... as the Shield level has been a lot harder. I find slow yorkers the easiest to take wickets against right hand batsmen (alternately if that doesn't work.... I'll bowl 4-5 of those deliveries in an over.... then the final two will be bouncers to snare a catch in some way). I've had many matches with 0 wickets and lots of runs, but then I'll have a match where I'll get 1-3 wickets using that method.

On the Switch, LBW or catches were my primary wickets, but on the Xbox I'm getting a lot of chopped on wickets or straight up swing/miss and bowled wickets. I've had a few where the AI has swung and connected, but the ball slowly rolls backward (like 10-15 seconds) before it knocks the bails off.

For left handed bastmen I'll try a variation of in-swinging yorkers and cross seam deliveries. Tends to get me similar results (lots of chopped on or bowled outright).

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I’ve finally got good at playing spin, I find hitting them straight the easiest option. If the field is back it’s easy singles, if it’s up wait for the over pitched one to go aerial.

I’ve created a new player who is a spinner but finding it a lot harder than the T20s where batsmen throw their wickets away to spin. Should have stuck with pace. I find in T20s o just bowl a lot of normal balls with pace and set a good field and teams can’t score. Get a few runouts amd skied balls. But the Yorker seems to be the best wicket taker, short mid wicket for the catches!

Been plodding along in the shield, finally got given a chance at international level. Then after the two tests, wasn't picked or selected in any international format for over a year. Went back to the Shield and lost my touch in bowling, literally couldn't snare 1 wicket in many matches (across T20, 50 over and Shield matches). Yet I'd be smashing 100-200 runs per innings!

My most recent run was scores of 103 - 213. Then got a bunch of 289, 293, 299 scores. Then steadily got 300+ (303, 313 etc). Gradually built up to 389, 399.... Finally got a top score of 403. Funny thing is that as soon as I would get my high score bench mark, I'd get out on the very next ball EVERY SINGLE FN TIME!!!

Toward the end of the current Shield season I started taking wickets again, started off with 1 in a match, then 1 in both innings of a match. Then 3, then 5 etc. My bowling average was as low as 13, but because of my run of bad luck in bowling.... it eventually went up to the 80's :(. I've now got it dropped down to the 50's.

One "cheat" tactic that I do - do, is I once I become captain I move myself up from the middle order to opening the batting. I do this because I got sick of being sent in to bat 3-4 wickets down (sometimes 3/20, 4/60 etc). The way I bat, I can erase the other teams lead in a shield (or test) match very quickly. Or if I need 6-8 runs per over, I'll belt 20-30 runs in a few overs to ease the pressure off straight away (I find it easier to do when opening the batting, whereas if I come in, toward the end of a 50 over match, I'm hamstrung by the field placings).

Also back in the international fold, playing in the ODI world championship. Took 1/10 in the first match against Afghanistan :D.

I was on 399 in one match, had to retire hurt as I ran out of stamina. I've since learned to pace myself...... and leave a few balls which in turn lets the stamina recover a little.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I try to knock off as much as the oppositions score as possible in the power play, had a lot of success winning T20s inside 6 overs chasing! 50 over games are a bit harder, but if I get out at 100+ inside 10, we usually chase it down easily or make a big enough score to defend. Although my ODI average is horrendous at about 40. For some reason I get away with more in T20s and tests than 50 over games.

I’m wondering do others have the problem of no spinners in the Australian team? I’m captain and yet in the 30 or so players to pick from, not a single spinner other than Maxwell, Labs or Sangha who are all batsmen who can bowl. None of the spinners are available and none of the new generic players are spinners.

Don’t have that issue at state level as Victoria still has a couple of spinners but they’re not available for Australian selection.

How is this as a game? I’ve missed playing a cricket game but don’t want to play one that’s just average.

If you've played DBC, DBC 2, Ashes 17 etc.... you'll know what to expect. I think it's fine..... but I wouldn't pay full price for it (got it for under $40 on the Switch and only playing it on Xbox right now because it's on Gamepass).

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
If you've played DBC, DBC 2, Ashes 17 etc.... you'll know what to expect. I think it's fine..... but I wouldn't pay full price for it (got it for under $40 on the Switch and only playing it on Xbox right now because it's on Gamepass).
Never played those other ones - can’t seem to find it for anywhere cheaper than $77 on the PS store so I guess that rules me out based on your comment. Appreciate the feedback!

Never played those other ones - can’t seem to find it for anywhere cheaper than $77 on the PS store so I guess that rules me out based on your comment. Appreciate the feedback!

Watch videos of it on YouTube. I think its good, but as I've played it before.... its not a full price game.

It may depend on how big of a fan of cricket you are. I enjoy slogging the ball around and still do Brett Lee chainsaws when I bowl someone out in the game 😄

I personally reckon it is actually worth a full price game. I've put a lot of hours into it and find it very fun.

DBC 14 was a great start in the series but then DBC 17 was a step backwards (Ross from Big Ant admitted as much himself, being the honest guy that he is). Ashes was then a step forward and then Cricket 19 another again.

For me it has been the cricket game I've wanted since I was a kid. Batting and bowling are finally a challenge. The AI is decent, and with sliders can be modified to make it even better. The graphics are good. 90% of the animations are beautiful that I still find myself watching replays.

If you are a cricket fan, and particularly if there is some cricket on the TV to get you in the mood, then I'd definitely give it a go. I'll admit that 77 bucks for a now 3 year old game does seem a bit steep, but I've paid more for worse games.

I’ve finally got good at playing spin, I find hitting them straight the easiest option. If the field is back it’s easy singles, if it’s up wait for the over pitched one to go aerial.

I’ve created a new player who is a spinner but finding it a lot harder than the T20s where batsmen throw their wickets away to spin. Should have stuck with pace. I find in T20s o just bowl a lot of normal balls with pace and set a good field and teams can’t score. Get a few runouts amd skied balls. But the Yorker seems to be the best wicket taker, short mid wicket for the catches!

That's great, now set yourself a real challenge and play in India on a raging turner against a team with 4 spinners.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I personally reckon it is actually worth a full price game. I've put a lot of hours into it and find it very fun.

DBC 14 was a great start in the series but then DBC 17 was a step backwards (Ross from Big Ant admitted as much himself, being the honest guy that he is). Ashes was then a step forward and then Cricket 19 another again.

For me it has been the cricket game I've wanted since I was a kid. Batting and bowling are finally a challenge. The AI is decent, and with sliders can be modified to make it even better. The graphics are good. 90% of the animations are beautiful that I still find myself watching replays.

If you are a cricket fan, and particularly if there is some cricket on the TV to get you in the mood, then I'd definitely give it a go. I'll admit that 77 bucks for a now 3 year old game does seem a bit steep, but I've paid more for worse games.
Big cricket fan - think you may have convinced me to be honest. Was probably always picking it up so long as some of you didn’t come back telling me it was absolutely rubbish haha.

Big cricket fan - think you may have convinced me to be honest. Was probably always picking it up so long as some of you didn’t come back telling me it was absolutely rubbish haha.

Nah, it's a very good game. Not perfect, but very good.

I played through an entire Ashes series, retaining it 2-2. This included an epic match where literally until the final few overs on the 5th day all three results were on the table. It turned out to be a draw, with England 9 down and about 25 runs short. ******* Jimmy Anderson... I just couldn't get him out.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Nah, it's a very good game. Not perfect, but very good.

I played through an entire Ashes series, retaining it 2-2. This included an epic match where literally until the final few overs on the 5th day all three results were on the table. It turned out to be a draw, with England 9 down and about 25 runs short. ******* Jimmy Anderson... I just couldn't get him out.
Yeah see that’s the perfect example of what I wanted out of it! I always found cricket games to either be way too easy or way too hard. That Ashes result is awesome, I bet it was so much fun to play.

Yeah see that’s the perfect example of what I wanted out of it! I always found cricket games to either be way too easy or way too hard. That Ashes result is awesome, I bet it was so much fun to play.

Stressful. I think it was about 3am by the time I finished. It's a classic "just one more over" game.

Batting is fun. You really feel like real cricket. Open up against Archer bowling heat and Anderson swinging it (bowlers do bowl rather differently) and you really fell under pressure. However, later if you have 400 on the board and wickets in hand, it feels much easier to pile on runs without pressure.

Bowling is also probably fun for the first time in a cricket game. You do feel like you have to earn your wickets.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Stressful. I think it was about 3am by the time I finished. It's a classic "just one more over" game.

Batting is fun. You really feel like real cricket. Open up against Archer bowling heat and Anderson swinging it (bowlers do bowl rather differently) and you really fell under pressure. However, later if you have 400 on the board and wickets in hand, it feels much easier to pile on runs without pressure.

Bowling is also probably fun for the first time in a cricket game. You do feel like you have to earn your wickets.
Alright yeah, you’ve absolutely sold me on it 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Alright yeah, you’ve absolutely sold me on it 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Enjoy! Check out planetcricket.net for suggested "academy" downloads/mods, plus sliders to improve the gameplay.

Ahhh yes, forgot that was needed with these games. Hopefully there’s something nice and easy to find, I can’t be assed stuffing around with it too much.

The Aussie and English teams are licensed and look great. Honestly just download other teams as you need them.

As for stadiums, all of the Aussie and English are licensed and there are a bunch of nice looking ones that aren't licensed but do look realistic.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
The Aussie and English teams are licensed and look great. Honestly just download other teams as you need them.

As for stadiums, all of the Aussie and English are licensed and there are a bunch of nice looking ones that aren't licensed but do look realistic.
Good idea - is there any downloads for legends?

Just bought it so should be ready to play when I get home tonight!

Good idea - is there any downloads for legends?

Just bought it so should be ready to play when I get home tonight!

Yep. When you search for teams you can put filters on including "90s" or "all-time".

Typically you can then just download whatever has the most downloads. That'll typically be the best. Don't expect all of the player faces to look amazing but they are typically okay.

I played some fun ODIs between Australia in India with circa ~ 2003 teams. By god Shane was turning it a mile, and Binger was bowling HEAT. Also decided to give Brad Hodge a gig in the team. * history, he earned it.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yep. When you search for teams you can put filters on including "90s" or "all-time".

Typically you can then just download whatever has the most downloads. That'll typically be the best. Don't expect all of the player faces to look amazing but they are typically okay.

I played some fun ODIs between Australia in India with circa ~ 2003 teams. By god Shane was turning it a mile, and Binger was bowling HEAT. Also decided to give Brad Hodge a gig in the team. fu** history, he earned it.
I’m a huge Shaun Marsh/Gilly/Mark Waugh fan. Licking my lips at the possibility of combining those three!

I’ve found the Academy section on there (my goodness there’s a lot to choose from 😬😅), is the sliders in that section as well?

You'll find some good info in here. I honestly can't remember which ones I used.

A few other suggestions: use the "classic" controls, i.e. with analogue sticks and triggers rather than just pressing the 4 coloured buttons.

Also for batting I suggest having a pitch marker but only appearing very late. I mean you can try the ultimate challenge which is no pitch marker but that is bloody hard.

Back