browny got drunk and cut his own hair again

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
On Footy Class they said Greg Stafford is forwards coach at the Dees.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers

I agree. as Hutchy said, the AFL had the perfect opportunity to make "permanent" change to the length of quarters. As a viewer 15 minute qtrs is more than enough for me.
I forget what Caro said exactly in defence of the change back to 20 minutes. Something about the AFL is thinking about the fans, giving them back the "traditional" 20 minute qtr. I remember qtrs being 25 minutes.
Thinking about advertising revenue more like it. When have the AFL cared about supporters?

Last edited:

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I agree. as Hutchy said, the AFL had the perfect opportunity to make "permanent" change to the length of quarters. As a viewer 15 minute qtrs is more than enough for me.
I forget what Caro said exactly in defence of the change back to 20 minutes. Something about the AFL is thinking about the fans, giving them back the "traditional" 20 minute qtr. I remember qtrs being 25 minutes.
Thinking about advertising revenue more like it. When have the AFL cared about supporters?
I Like it going back to 20min qtrs.

And people use kids as an excuse for shorter games... My two kids hated the short quarters, lost all interest until finals because of the short quarters.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

And people use kids as an excuse for shorter games... My two kids hated the short quarters, lost all interest until finals because of the short quarters.

* that, not everything in the world has to revolve around the children.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers

give yaself a pat on the back for kids' power of concentration. I have the attention span of a demented chimpanzee. I've seen enough by half time.
(Seriously)
My situation is I'm an hours drive from Metricon so the 15 minute qtrs last year ~ especially the mid-week games ~made the night games a lot easier on me. Even the Grand Final ~ and was lucky enough to attend too. Once the ball was bounced I just focus on the game paid no attention to the qtr length.

Last edited:

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Leave the bloody game alone !

Here's an idea, put some time, money and more resources in to growing the game at grass roots level for once. That way you won't be over run by soccer and basketball.

If my mechanic spent this much time and money tinkering with my car, making it go fast, go slow, go wide, go straight, use heaps of fuel, use hardly any fuel, take seats out, put extra seats back in, put low profile tyres on, then swap them for 4wd tyres, put in an immobiliser in so whoever drives has to nominate, then take it back out again, make it park itself, make you park the bloody thing yourself, take out the rear view mirror, put it back in again, paint it a different colour, then strip it back to bare metal, then paint it back to its original colour, tune it up, then make it cough and splutter, make it smoke thick blue emissions, then remove the engine altogether and make it run on rubber bands, remove the radio, put the radio back in, change the aircon so there are zones, remove the zones, licence it for two passengers, then three passengers and then four and then make one passenger wear a vest and only allow them in the car if another passenger falls out, then scrap that idea, then bring it back, then make it big enough for Meatloaf to sit in the passenger seat, them ban Meatloaf from ever getting in the car again, then tell everyone where they have to sit, then change it all around again so that that's EXACTLY where you can sit but nowhere else ! If my mechanic chopped and changed my car this much I would ******* kick him right in the balls and say stop it ! Leave my bloody car alone !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back