FTA-TV Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see a masked Nemo.

I wonder what the format will be, perhaps the first two or three episodes upon launch?

Sell this to me as someone who isn't a Marvel ultra nerd and whose favourite bits of WandaVision were the sitcom elements. Is this going to be a paint by numbers Marvel show along the same lines as a Daredevil/Punisher?

Hopefully this is less about Falcon and more about Winter Soldier becoming Captain America.

I have no idea about the comics but believe that's a thing. I also just find Falcon incredibly boring.

Considering none of us have seen it I have no idea what you expect the response to be.

What do you mean?

I'm asking what the general gist of the show is intended to be, what the style is, etc.

For example going into WandaVision I knew what the style was going to be because of descriptions I'd heard. What's the pull for a casual fan to watch this one?

I'm not asking for someone to explain the twist in ep 6 of the series or anything..

Sell this to me as someone who isn't a Marvel ultra nerd and whose favourite bits of WandaVision were the sitcom elements. Is this going to be a paint by numbers Marvel show along the same lines as a Daredevil/Punisher?

I’ll give it a crack, but I’m just a random fan on the internet so can only put forward what I’ve pieced together thus far. I don’t profess to be an expert (how’s that for a disclaimer :D)

There are 3 major threads of stories that Marvel are pursuing post Endgame. These are going to be over a number of years through movies, streaming shows etc.

One of them we’ve already seen, WandaVision. Which has ties to the eventual multiverse and will continue in Dr Strange 2, Spider-Man 3 etc. More cosmic/astral/magic in nature.

The second is the continuing space style saga, involving the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, the eventual search for Gamora and Adam Warlock etc to come in later on. It’s a pretty stacked cast for Thor 4.

Shang Chi and Eternals am not exactly where they’ll be described, will have to wait and see.

Lastly, this show is much more Earth based. And is directly linked with the upcoming Black Widow film (which is set just after Civil War). I believe a good knowledge of the events of Civil War will he needed as a refresher, with Zemo to return along with elements of Hydra that were a continuous thread of the Captain America films.

Much more espionage/spy/conspiracy stuff in nature.

Hope that helps one way or the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll give it a crack, but I’m just a random fan on the internet so can only put forward what I’ve pieced together thus far. I don’t profess to be an expert (how’s that for a disclaimer :D)

There are 3 major threads of stories that Marvel are pursuing post Endgame. These are going to be over a number of years through movies, streaming shows etc.

One of them we’ve already seen, WandaVision. Which has ties to the eventual multiverse and will continue in Dr Strange 2, Spider-Man 3 etc. More cosmic/astral/magic in nature.

The second is the continuing space style saga, involving the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, the eventual search for Gamora and Adam Warlock etc to come in later on. It’s a pretty stacked cast for Thor 4.

Shang Chi and Eternals am not exactly where they’ll be described, will have to wait and see.

Lastly, this show is much more Earth based. And is directly linked with the upcoming Black Widow film (which is set just after Civil War). I believe a good knowledge of the events of Civil War will he needed as a refresher, with Zemo to return along with elements of Hydra that were a continuous thread of the Captain America films.

Sold! Thanks, that's what I was after.

1) Wheres the ketchup?
2) Punisher actor is in that clip!

Have wondered if they were going to split the MCU movies into Earth and non-Earth threads. Ending of WandaVision made me think Wanda and Monica Rambeau aren't crossing paths again unless they're both around for Avengers 5/6.

This was always the one i was most excited about from the shows (Loki and What If) as a close second. Stan and Mackie have great chemistry.

FWIW the comics have had both Falcon and Winter Soldier take up the shield.

I enjoyed the Winter Soldiers run alot more, the Death of Cap comic series was a belter.

I also think American Agent is making an appearance here which is a lovely little wrinkle.

This was always the one i was most excited about from the shows (Loki and What If) as a close second. Stan and Mackie have great chemistry.

I enjoyed the Winter Soldiers run alot more, the Death of Cap comic series was a belter.

I also think American Agent is making an appearance here which is a lovely little wrinkle.

Multiple sources suggest

wyatt russell is the agent. Funny if he meets Ego.

Also US Agent looks like captain america in an away kit haha

For those not familiar with the comics, can someone give me an idea on American Agent?
Theres a pretty long history but in short he took up the shield when Cap went Nomad (think of the Winter Soldier/Hydra was SHIELD storyline in the MCU now imagine the US Govt installed a Captain America as propaganda). US Agent didnt have the same moral reservations as Cap and thus had a bit of an anti-hero run. Similar power as Cap etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back