News Crows Documentary?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully with the decreased amount of assistant and line coaches clubs revert back to the KISS philosophy.

mans then simply implement “see ball, get ball” attacking style of play on match day.

I just started watching - firstly I‘m so happy that it’s on Amazon Prime here in Canada. s**t I’m homesick ha ha.

On a side note - Watching the events of, and reaction to, the pandemic play out in Australia was so fasinating - I talked with my family and followed the news back home at the time but lived out our completely different circumstances here. Not only a great sports documentary, but a time capsule to a significant period of history for us all.

Last edited:
I though pete was suggesting the footy theory is 95% nonsense not the documentary.
It's interesting

Full-time footballers and clubs with hours to fill.

How much is it them looking for things to fill the time?

vs how much is stuff that you absolutely need to do to be a professional footballer

It's interesting

vs how much is stuff that you absolutely need to do to be a professional footballer

A bit more time spent focussing on basic skills would be nice. It was one of the things Walsh prioritised when he first arrived at the club. He didn't say it outright but it was obvious he thought our skills were atrocious.

It's interesting

I think this is the reason for the increase in theory.

And not just AFL, but a lot of profesional sports.

More contact hours (no second job) and there is only so much physical training that can be done. So expand the game between the ears.

A lot may be nonsense, but interesting to note the majority of Premierships since 2008 have been won by the teams that rely heavily on systematic play (ie Clarko method).

Part of what Clarko believes is that every member of the playing group and coaching staff have a decent level of Footy IQ. Either naturally or through study.

He is a teacher by trade.

Also a reason why so many of the current coaches have worked or played under him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hardwick's speech at half time in the Grand Final was epic too.

15pts down, backs against the wall, look at the players eyes when he's talking. Especially Jayden Short. That's what a complete buy-in from the playing group looks like.

Part of what Clarko believes is that every member of the playing group and coaching staff have a decent level of Footy IQ. Either naturally or through study.
That's a key point

And being able to tell the difference between the two

Eg don't cram reams of info down the throats of the naturals. And the thinkers are the ones you can work with extensively and can impact the group

It's interesting

That's a key point

And being able to tell the difference between the two

Eg don't cram reams of info down the throats of the naturals. And the thinkers are the ones you can work with extensively and can impact the group

Yep. Two further points here:

1. It’s the coach who needs to be a student of the game, not the players.

2. Nothing wrong with a player being a student of the game if he wants, but it has almost nothing to do with being a smart footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit more time spent focussing on basic skills would be nice. It was one of the things Walsh prioritised when he first arrived at the club. He didn't say it outright but it was obvious he thought our skills were atrocious.
Goal kicking

It’s not Nick Gill bad. Does that clear it up
Whatever it is, the sample size is too small to draw any conclusions.

Also can we defend a lead? Can we hold our nerve in a tight game? I genuinely don't know.

Hardwick's speech at half time in the Grand Final was epic too.

15pts down, backs against the wall, look at the players eyes when he's talking. Especially Jayden Short. That's what a complete buy-in from the playing group looks like.
I actually went and rewatched this part this morning
100 % player attention
His 3/4 delivery just as good the Richmond way and jumper all about team and the destination they can write
Powerful

Whatever it is, the sample size is too small to draw any conclusions.

Also can we defend a lead? Can we hold our nerve in a tight game? I genuinely don't know.
I'm tipping we haven't spent much of the preseason working on how to control the ball when we are 5 points up with 1 minute to play.

Just finished the doco.

Felt sorry for Cogs, clearly isn't captain material and doesn't have the temperament for it. Did not seem like a happy camper.

Dew will be a great coach. He has a great repoire with his players.

Dimma Hardwick is the best coach going around. His communication and messaging to his players is impeccable.

Sloane will be okay. He was a slow burn and struggled at the start of the season but growed more into the role as it went on. He wont be our best captain but he will be an okay placeholder.

Nicks was much better than I thought. His frustrations were pretty similar to a lot of us fans. His communication was pretty good and I think he is on the right track. Shame about the clubs bad recruiting and poor selection over the past half deacde stitching him up.

Does anyone else think the O'Brien/NicNat was a complete setup? Seemed very very staged to me for some documentary controversy.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back