Mcasey and jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you telling people they can only express correct opinions?
seriously what’s wrong with having an opinion?
Right now there’s far more chance that those people with opinions of chayce being a bust are correct, than that of those that think he’ll make it.
Should we be telling you not to express your opinion that he’ll make it?

you know very well that right/wrong is not the axis on which Baccsy wants to censor opinions

What makes the 2018 super draft even harder to swallow is not just how we botched such a strong hand - but since then we’ve added Jackson moon shot Hately as well

8, 13, 16, 21 + recruited 14

that should be enough to setup a team, and instead we’re left with a couple of guys we’re hoping make it.

Last edited:
Getting picks wrong can really put you back for a long time. If only we moved further up that draft and nabbed some of the Players Port did.
But then also Caleb Serong rising star winner went one pick after MCAsey and Tanner Bruhn went one pick after Luke Pedler . Tanner kicked 4 goals yesterday in his first real game for GWS first team whilst Pedlar played in our seconds against Norwood . Tanner also played no footy last year so coming of less of a base . Will we also rue these two decisions .

making snap judgements based on trial games can really set you back a long time as well.

McAsey will be a very good forward IMV. He seems happier there. I think it will be at another club though 🙁.

From the outside, if FOG can't do the job up forward, give McAsey a crack up there.

Tredders saying he heard from the port blokes that our blokes were being less than complimentary to fish during the trial game.
Must be tough to see one player letting the team down when everyone else is playing brilliantly

Tredders saying he heard from the port blokes that our blokes were being less than complimentary to fish during the trial game.
If he made up his mind to leave when he just got drafted so was just treating this as "gap" years with his attitude and behaviour then you know what his team mate would be thinking about him......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he made up his mind to leave when he just got drafted so was just treating this as "gap" years with his attitude and behaviour then you know what his team mate would be thinking about him......
Any player that's a weak link (which mcasey has been whenever he plays) would cop it from his team mates. The fact that most players know he is leaving wouldn't help his cause though. If I knew a player was not invested I would view them as the opposition.

Neither did Weitering early days.

It's a small concern for sure but he needs time.
Weitering was excellent first year up but struggled when they tried to turn him into a forward .

McAsey is going to be a slow burn and i do not see greatness in him but it is far too early to judge .

Mcasey looked much better in trial game against port. Looked more interested and composed. His kicking was a feature. I may have gone too early on the lad. If he plays like he did last night he will be a player in time. Will it be with us however. Western bulldogs head recruiter was at game

Last edited:
Mcasey looked much better in trial game against port. Looked more interested and composed. His kicking was a feature. I may have gone too early on the lad. If he plays like he did last night he will be a player in time. Will it be with us however. Western bulldogs head recruiter was at game

Your original call is looking truer by the day
Both had dirty days today

Your original call is looking truer by the day
Both had dirty days today
Jones has a number of issues. He fumbles too much to be mid at AFL level. He also makes pooor decisions when he gets the ball and he has little or no lateral awareness. His work at centre bounces is very poor. He also has poor running patterns. Mcasey poor today but all the backs were down on form. Worrell had a real poor game with poor decision making. My boy borlase poor first half but came into it at end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back