Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

Absolutely, just got this text from the Bulldogs. Members will have access to a limited number of $0 seats and then have the option of paying to upgrade the seat. All of the seats should be available for $0 to away game members, given that they do actually exist.

That message was sent this morning at 9.40am, 20 minutes before tickets going on sale, when all people are doing is looking at their computer screen waiting to get in.

There was no talk leading up to the tickets going on sale about any possible need to pay an upgrade fee.

I wont be resting on this one. The Bulldogs will be refunding this fee or they can get ****ed.

I'm M2 row FF ... yuck and had to pay to get there

I'm M4, isn't M1-M4 just behind the goals? I had to pay $39 for two tickets. Hopefully it's a solid spot and we the club can arrange some kind of refund. It didn't let me proceed without upgrading m ticket.

Very excited nonetheless

I normally sit GA so correct me if I am wrong, but in a normal year as a H&A member you'd normally have to pay an upgrade to sit in the better seats at an away game right? Your membership, no matter the tier, only gives you entry/GA?

I normally sit GA so correct me if I am wrong, but in a normal year as a H&A member you'd normally have to pay an upgrade to sit in the better seats at an away game right? Your membership, no matter the tier, only gives you entry/GA?

The point is this was never corresponded to the members. All it ever mentioned was to get your ticket for $0 in the members priority window

Level 1 behind the goals for me too.

I prefer being higher up so I can see more of the ground, but just over the moon to actually be going given the last year.

Can’t wait to be there.

Go dogs!

Yep, completely agree. We know where the GA tickets/seats are in a normal year and they're not great. If you want a better seat you have to pay for it. Why should this year be any different. Why should a Dog's GA membership, which most of us got for free as a loyalty reward for being a member last year get better seats than a Collingwood member ?

Obviously there are only 50% of seats available so they're going to have to utilise the less attractive seats.

Also remember that a GA membership entry is always subject to capacity. It's a bonus that we even get into the ground for free, subject to that capacity.

That message was sent this morning at 9.40am, 20 minutes before tickets going on sale, when all people are doing is looking at their computer screen waiting to get in.

There was no talk leading up to the tickets going on sale about any possible need to pay an upgrade fee.

I wont be resting on this one. The Bulldogs will be refunding this fee or they can get f’ed.
I actually received it at 10:16am, after which I had already bought tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is this was never corresponded to the members. All it ever mentioned was to get your ticket for $0 in the members priority window

I agree that it wasn't intuitive to get the free tickets, but they were there if you knew what to do.

Yep, completely agree. We know where the GA tickets/seats are in a normal year and they're not great. If you want a better seat you have to pay for it. Why should this year be any different. Why should a Dog's GA membership, which most of us got for free as a loyalty reward for being a member last year get better seats than a Collingwood member ?

Obviously there are only 50% of seats available so they're going to have to utilise the less attractive seats.

Also remember that a GA membership entry is always subject to capacity. It's a bonus that we even get into the ground for free, subject to that capacity.
There was zero correspondence on this. The messaging has been clear that tickets at 10am were $0 for all away members. I logged on at precisely the right time relayed to me, couldn't find any $0 (I'm sure they were there but had difficulty locating) and in a panic paid for an upgrade because I didn't want to miss out. I then receive a text from the Bulldogs after this.

I won't get too upset about this, I have a ticket and I'm a rusted on Bulldogs member and can afford it. I'm more concerned about pissing off a large portion of our membership base that WILL get very upset by this and will cost us members.

Don't assume it was the club's fault tho. Look at the AFL decisions at the moment. Still deciding on sub player. Supposed to meet with all clubs last night, then at last minute changed it to this morning. Maybe the club didn't know about the upgrade vs free seat numbers exactly until this morning.

Or Collingwood even...

Just sayin'

They weren't there for long tho - and row zz by the time I got in. See more on TV

They're still there, I literally just checked with some other barcodes.

Brought up seats in Q55

Wasn’t working for my wife so I did it for her, just went the $0 option but yeah still had to pay a fee :rolleyes:

They are nosebleed tickets, but considering we are the away team I expected options would have been limited with a reduced capacity and presumably social distancing.

A little bit of overreaction going on already, however the AFL should wear a bit of the angst instead of the club.

Why should a Dog's GA membership, which most of us got for free as a loyalty reward for being a member last year get better seats than a Collingwood member ?
They shouldn't, which is why they rightly get first dibs at seats. I don't believe anyone is suggesting they should be getting better seats than Collingwood members though.

I'm not going to the game, I just logged on to see what it would look like to get an idea for the season ahead for games I will be going to. The issue being that during the entire lead up to the ticket buying process, the club word has been $0 tickets for away members. There was no asterisk next to it saying "keep in mind the only free seats will be in one specific garbage spot on level 4". Honestly i'd be fine with it if all of level 4 (other than the front as well as MCC) was available as free seating. IIRC the MCG normally has GA seating on level 1 as well in a pocket. But I think having the one small area available for $0 when it's been communicated that away members get in for $0, and having to pay to sit literally anywhere else is dodgy as *.

It's obviously not a club issue that these are the only seats people have access to, they wouldn't have the tiniest bit of say in that, but the message that they've sent over the last couple of weeks would have mislead a lot of people I imagine.

Ended up paying for my ticket, as it said free ones were all gone? Got an email confirmation - Level 1 M6, behind the goals. Saved it to my Apple wallet. Still paranoid that it’s not real or that the code won’t work 😂

I’m going to the footy!!! 🎉

Not sure what you meant. I checked with some of our spare barcodes.

If they're your barcodes I suggest you remove them quickly as they're your codes for all away games this year and anyone could use them.

Hope that means you got tickets :grin:

It’s an away game against a club that has 20 times the supporters we do.

I can’t believe the whinging but many on social media that GOT tickets. Probably the same people who won’t go next week and not fill Marvel against the Weagles and then say it was too hard or I didn’t get my normal seat.

I’ve bought 14 memberships this year and last and will most likely see a handful of games in total. I’m not even going to try and sh!tfight a ticket to vic away games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back