2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry briztoon, if the question was about the shirt?
We pay for the members shirt when we sign on each year. So it comes as part of the membership pack.
Yeah, found that out when I went in to the shop today.

Never knew you could buy your shirt as part of your membership online, figured everyone bought it in store like I did in 2019.

Was told today there won’t be any members polos available in store this year, so picked up a media polo and members cap in store today.

They are saying the barcode wont appear until 72 hours before each game.

Ok

Thanks.

Still seems like a clunky system to me

What puzzled me further is that I spoke to my son earlier this afternoon(who has a 3 game membership) and he told me that his mobile tickets did in fact already have bar codes on them.

But there was me, a 27 year continuous full member who was scratching around in the dark for hours today and couldn't even get a person at the club to answer the phone

I'm just getting sick of organisations,big , medium and small apparently using "because of Covid" as a blanket excuse for the almost total withdrawal of any semblance of Customer Service.

Ok

Thanks.

Still seems like a clunky system to me

What puzzled me further is that I spoke to my son earlier this afternoon(who has a 3 game membership) and he told me that his mobile tickets did in fact already have bar codes on them.

But there was me, a 27 year continuous full member who was scratching around in the dark for hours today and couldn't even get a person at the club to answer the phone

I'm just getting sick of organisations,big , medium and small apparently using "because of Covid" as a blanket excuse for the almost total withdrawal of any semblance of Customer Service.
Yer, it's got me buggered why they couldn't just keep the hard membership cards with the entry barcode on them, nobody other than me ever touched my card anyway, you just scanned them at the gate and went in, no person to person contact whatsoever.

I wonder how it will work now, if it's like 2020 we will all be lined up in long queues waiting for our phones to be individually scanned by someone with a scanner at the gate, if so it doesn't seem any safer Covid wise than the card method, in fact it's probably worse. I also don't have a phone that has the capability of doing that so mine will be on my sons phone.

Probably just a convenient excuse to cut out the cost of printing the cards... :think: .. maybe.

Yer, it's got me buggered why they couldn't just keep the hard membership cards with the entry barcode on them, nobody other than me ever touched my card anyway, you just scanned them at the gate and went in, no person to person contact whatsoever.

I wonder how it will work now, if it's like 2020 we will all be lined up in long queues waiting for our phones to be individually scanned by someone with a scanner at the gate, if so it doesn't seem any safer Covid wise than the card method, in fact it's probably worse. I also don't have a phone that has the capability of doing that so mine will be on my sons phone.

Probably just a convenient excuse to cut out the cost of printing the cards... :think: .. maybe.
You'd hope they have a supply of various phone chargers at some of the gates in case some punters phone dies on their way to the game and they can't turn their phone and access their 'ticket'.

#bringbackmembershipcards

You'd hope they have a supply of various phone chargers at some of the gates in case some punters phone dies on their way to the game and they can't turn their phone and access their 'ticket'.

#bringbackmembershipcards
In a few years it'll be "we've now moved all ticketing to your consumer identification database signature located on your iassantenna, simply make sure you've had your iassantenna installed and upgraded to the latest version and present it to one of our enjoymentawarenessbots for verification"

Sorry briztoon, if the question was about the shirt?
We pay for the members shirt when we sign on each year. So it comes as part of the membership pack.

Haha I didn't know you could do that. Was probably a total tight arse the first year and choose the no shirt option then just rolled it over every year since.

I have no membership package.

I followed the instructions about logging on to my Lions Account, went to "Game Day" option and then "View your Mobile Tickets"

Result:

"you have not yet purchased or received tickets for any Brisbane Lions events"

Tried to ring club and got a stupid voice recognition message which just tells you to log on etc....etc, followed by the club song on loop.

So I can't even talk to anyone at the club about it.

So no membership pack, no mobile tickets and no way of talking to a real person at the club.

Pisspoor.

Anyone else in the same boat?

EDIT:

So now suddenly my ticket has appeared, albiet with no barcode. Very mysterious.

Also, I note that I'm no longer Section 67 but Section 423 but the Row and the Seat number are the same as previous seasons

If they're trying to confuse the crap out of me they're doing a great job.
I honestly feel last year was alot easier to do with then this year.

It is not really about the previous way us Lions & AFL members gained access to game events
It is about a system that just about everyone has to use across the country in one form or another for better contract tracing
QR barcodes just about everywhere from sitting in at the Donut King to high end restaurants.
I would imagine their are thousands of events around Australia that don't have a plastic card with a barcode to easily scan on entry.
You would have noticed over the years many people trying to scan a paper barcode entry only for it to fail.
Just one example from the a Gabba event entry. Staff have to intervene.

Regarding long queues we had 29,121 at the Geelong game. I did not experience any longer wait times than usual for that type of crowd number
As long as your son goes to games with you (or someone else with proper mobile 🙃) you won't have any problems
I am sure the Gabba has plan B for the small number of people without mobile phones or family/friends also without mobiles.
They probably sign you in on their tablet.

It was Sunday 22/3/2021 the AFL season come to a holt along with the rest of Australia
I have noticed in Brisbane people have become complacent regarding using provided hand sanitizers at shopping centers & supermarket entries
Humans fall back to what was the norm fairly quickly when they believe danger is pretty much over.
Hopefully Australia will avoid a proper second wave of Covid 19 experienced overseas. But we still need to be vigilant

Finally i am just hoping this weekends game goes ahead at the Gabba with crowds allowed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if this number will put us past GWS again this year, because unbelievably they went past us last year.

The 2 Qld teams had the least members in the comp last year.
More pets in Western Sydney & Canberra than Brisbane

All well and good, but it still ignores a whole lot, which of course doesn't suit a narrative and no doubt will trigger bonus payments for some of the club's execs and give them something to hang their hat on.
A bit of good news for the club.
I will accept the positive.

Not sure if anyone knows, but how long is the delay between signing up and being able to reserve tickets? Saw the Collingwood tickets came out today for members and have just signed my partner up this morning, wanted to get them ASAP. TIA.

I mean having 30k members out of a population of 1.7 million (2004) seems better than 31k out 2.4 million currently. Membership has gone backwards in relative terms
So had our performance during that time.
I don’t think they will get there but they are shooting for 35k this year which would even up those numbers a bit.
Also looking at hitting 40k within a few years, has been talked about.
Performances will need to remain strong for those numbers to be a reality.

Got my membership pack today, I must say pretty underwhelming, car sticker, fridge magnet(no fixture list), and member pin. Really not worth the hassle and expenditure for the club to do it up any longer, just get rid of it all together and be done with it IMO. Pass any savings on to members as a larger discount on club merchandise.

The pack for the child membership we have was OK so I'd be for keeping the child pack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back