Game Day West Coast vs Cockburn Rd 1 Ansett Cup

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
That’s real tough.

Wonder how the Freo faithful feel about that post. Most didn’t like it at the time in all fairness
Not the first to wish injury. Remember a game-day derby thread a couple of years ago when one of their posters said they hoped NicNat did an ACL.

Classy bunch over there.

I read a few of J Dockers old posts. Seems like a stable guy

As in a "stable guy" who constantly shovels s**t with his cute colour coordinated :

Club Issued :freo: Purple Turd Tossing Equipment.

images-18.jpg

images-23.jpg

He comes across to me as someone, who is well and truly forked............. just saying.

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Apologies, I am late to the party on the Shep/Banfield incident but wanted to add my comments.

I agree with the intent of the below the legs contact rule but it does lead to arguments like we have seen here.

It's strange how in a much lower contact sport such as soccer there is nothing wrong with a goalkeeper doing what Shep did. More often than not the player on their feet acts to protect himself by jumping/otherwise evading contact/poking at the ball.

I think there is room for modification where the player is sliding in head first as opposed to feet first. Maybe the onus should shift.

Imagine if this was in the goal square in the last few seconds of a final with Freo needing a goal to win. Shep has no other way to get to the ball first other than diving for it. Is he supposed to just let Banfield soccer the goal?

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Imagine if this was in the goal square in the last few seconds of a final with Freo needing a goal to win. Shep has no other way to get to the ball first other than diving for it. Is he supposed to just let Banfield soccer the goal?

Oh yes, the AFL think players have time to do all sorts of calculations while going for the footy, such as working out how much an opposition player weighs and then applying the exact force required to tackle him but not injure him accidentally. 😂

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Finally got around to watching this replay, legitimately shocked that Conca is still on an AFL list. Thought he would've been delisted by now the hack.

I`m watching now, just hit halftime ..

very encouraged by some of the fringe players
Jones gives effort and puts his body on the line
ONeill good user and decision making
Petro looks to be moving well and that goal he got was outrageous good ..

I`m watching now, just hit halftime ..

very encouraged by some of the fringe players
Jones gives effort and puts his body on the line
ONeill good user and decision making
Petro looks to be moving well and that goal he got was outrageous good ..

It's hard to pick the passengers and who you'd drop honestly.

Back