Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Stitching up Williams means they have a lot of flexibility in the draft now. Can pretty much go any direction although CB and edge should be priority.

Think they will fill some role players positions in second wave of FA.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
While losing Buckner hurt, that cap savings gave then this flex. Just have to hope Kinlaw can make more leaps in year 2 with Bosa back to the D line is still a strength.

Youd think QB or Corner at pick 12 (or whenever they pick)

While losing Buckner hurt, that cap savings gave then this flex. Just have to hope Kinlaw can make more leaps in year 2 with Bosa back to the D line is still a strength.

Youd think QB or Corner at pick 12 (or whenever they pick)

Losing Ford and Bosa cost the 49ers more than trading Buckner...who would have been a FA this year anyway looking for a Trent Willians like contract. Armstead and Kinlaw are fine....need someone other side of Bosa...I'd like CB then DE in first two rounds...then RB, Safety and online depth any order.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Losing Ford and Bosa cost the 49ers more than trading Buckner...who would have been a FA this year anyway looking for a Trent Willians like contract. Armstead and Kinlaw are fine....need someone other side of Bosa...I'd like CB then DE in first two rounds...then RB, Safety and online depth any order.

Well lets see how you go in the mock then 😉

If we get a back up QB I want him to be a youthful up and comer.

Not an old vet that is worse than Jimmy G. Would rather Rosen step in if Jimmy G gets hurt tbh

If we get a back up QB I want him to be a youthful up and comer.

Not an old vet that is worse than Jimmy G. Would rather Rosen step in if Jimmy G gets hurt tbh

If they are considering bringing Flacco in it must speak pretty poorly of Rosen.

If they are considering bringing Flacco in it must speak pretty poorly of Rosen.
extremely poor

If that is the case just release him and keep Mullins at QB3

extremely poor

If that is the case just release him and keep Mullins at QB3

I reckon Mullens is about as good a backup going round anyway. He might turn the ball over a tad too much but he can move the chains. I'd much prefer my back up be like that than the type that gives you no chance to win if your starting QB goes down.

I reckon Mullens is about as good a backup going round anyway. He might turn the ball over a tad too much but he can move the chains. I'd much prefer my back up be like that than the type that gives you no chance to win if your starting QB goes down.
Yeah I don't mind Mullens tbh

He is a good solid backup

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Boxhead_31 's trade of two fourth round picks to move up #5 was a better idea imho. Should have done that instead. ;)
Get me Lynch on the phone, I'd like a word ;)
But damn that is a lot of draft capital they have moved out.
Guess we can thank BoB after all since it was his pick for Tunsil that we traded for. Has one man done so much to change the face of a whole division as Bill O'Brien has with the NFC West?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Jimmy Garoppolo "is the 49ers starter for 2021."
After trading multiple first-round picks to move up from 12th to 3rd overall, this is hard to imagine, but ESPN's Adam Schefter at least reported similar things on Friday morning. RapSheet mentioned that the plan is to trade Garoppolo the following offseason when he has one-year, $25.6 million remaining on his contract. This plan would make some sense if South Dakota State's Trey Lance was the quarterback they traded up for. Lance could take over the keys down the stretch run of 2021 or heading into the 2022 season. It's unclear if Lance, Justin Fields, or Mac Jones will be the pick in April.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 26, 2021, 7:22 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Jimmy Garoppolo "is the 49ers starter for 2021."
After trading multiple first-round picks to move up from 12th to 3rd overall, this is hard to imagine, but ESPN's Adam Schefter at least reported similar things on Friday morning. RapSheet mentioned that the plan is to trade Garoppolo the following offseason when he has one-year, $25.6 million remaining on his contract. This plan would make some sense if South Dakota State's Trey Lance was the quarterback they traded up for. Lance could take over the keys down the stretch run of 2021 or heading into the 2022 season. It's unclear if Lance, Justin Fields, or Mac Jones will be the pick in April.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 26, 2021, 7:22 PM ET
Think we keep him this year allow drafted QB to learn Kyle's playbook then trade Jimmy next offseason and try and recoup some of the draft capital

Think we keep him this year allow drafted QB to learn Kyle's playbook then trade Jimmy next offseason and try and recoup some of the draft capital
Yep, this

We went big in paying overs to move to pick 3 but I like it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
The window to move Jimmy for the "best outcome" has gone. Most teams have their QB1 in place, and/or spent to the max of their cap (hello NE).

Plus we've missed the window to bank $20m in our salary cap with the top FA signed.

Doesn't mean he won't be traded, but the openings and what we'd do with that space has reduced.

Back