Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Remove this Banner Ad

After listening to how Adam Kelly explained it all. I am completely comfortable with the clubs decision here. He was already suspended for games at the start of the season and if he was that driven to make something of an AFL career, he would have to play SANFL for the year. As it turns out he's doing that anyway now, playing SANFL for the year. However if he stayed on our list, he could have either been traded easily at the end of the year or been back with an option to play AFL for us in 2022.

But now he is completely off a list with no guarantees of being back on one? I am confused as to why he made this decision and I wonder if or what his mentor Eddie Betts have to say or advised him. Seems stubborn or stupid, given he has made a mistake.

I doubt he'll be allowed or even will have enough time to win back trust to be picked up in the mid-season draft by anyone.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like he's given up and can't be bothered with meeting the standards associated with being on an AFL list.

Why is that?

The club backed him in 100% and his way of thanking them was to virtually shat in their face.

It seems Tyson still isn't prepared to accept responsibility for his poor choices.
So why has St Kilda welcomed his partner in crime with open arms and a fat new contract?

Sounds like he's given up and can't be bothered with meeting the standards associated with being on an AFL list.
Probably thinks that even if he does all the right things now his time with us is done and we'd hold it against him forever, which we would have

So why has St Kildare welcomed his partner in crime with open arms and a fat new contract?
Brad Crouch didn't s**t on the club 3x in the space of 12 months. Brad Crouch is 10x the player that Stengle is, or ever will be. Brad Crouch's contract is nowhere near as "fat" as you're making it out to be, given that it was only big enough to trigger Band 3 FA compensation.

Care to try again, with another false equivalence or deflection?

Brad Crouch didn't sh*t on the club 3x in the space of 12 months. Brad Crouch is 10x the player that Stengle is, or ever will be. Brad Crouch's contract is nowhere near as "fat" as you're making it out to be, given that it was only big enough to trigger Band 3 FA compensation.

Care to try again, with another false equivalence or deflection?
We can rule out the 1x because the club picked him and extended his contract after that. That's not a last chance saloon player the club has grave concerns about.

Clearly they were fine with Stengle at that point.

B Crouch absolutely shat in St Kilda's face, Stengle-style. One club didn't care, one club saw it as the Second Coming of Angwin

We can rule out the 1x because the club picked him and extended his contract after that. That's not a last chance saloon player the club has grave concerns about.

Clearly they were fine with Stengle at that point.

B Crouch absolutely shat in St Kilda's face, Stengle-style. One club didn't care, one club saw it as the Second Coming of Angwin
I'm also not sure why you'd want to hold up St Kilda as some paragon of virtue, who Adelaide should be trying to emulate. This is a club known for having a party culture, which has played a large part in their history of failure - only 1 premiership, and 1 wooden spoon for every 4 years of the club's existence.

I'm also not sure why you'd want to hold up St Kilda as some paragon of virtue, who Adelaide should be trying to emulate. This is a club known for having a party culture, which has played a large part in their history of failure - only 1 premiership, and 1 wooden spoon for every 4 years of the club's existence.
So Brett Ratten is a known drug hoovering party boy with terrible judgement. Ok

Got picked in every game from Round 6 onwards last season

Clearly we were happy enough with him then

To the point that on August 21st, 2020:

Seems a big fall to go from that where we see him as part of our future to someone who must be kept out of the club at all costs. All in a matter of months.

Just yet another fu** up by us imo. Confusing setting culture with being puritanical
Or he got comfortable after that extension and some standards slipped?

Not sure how true this is, but I have been told his extension was a reward for cleaning up aspects of his life. Stability to concentrate on Footy.

He let the club down, letting bad off field habits creep back in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So why has St Kilda welcomed his partner in crime with open arms and a fat new contract?
Using St Kilda as the beacon of list management now...... Straw clutching.

Even so, Brad's career to date even with his injuries ****s all over Tyson's and is deserving of said contract.

St Kilda aren't outstandingly good or bad in their current state and have an upward momentum.

Adelaide's recent history is looking success in the face and saying, "no thank you"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda aren't outstandingly good or bad in their current state and have an upward momentum.

Adelaide's recent history is looking success in the face and saying, "no thank you"
Right of course.....

That's right

Because it's no big deal and no one gives a fu** except us

He's hardly the next Eddie Betts or Cyril Rioli. We paid nothing at the trade table, and I can't imagine he'd be demanding a big salary.

The only balls up we've made here was having faith in him and putting an extra year on the contract extension.
He was showing a little bit in a bad team, nothing earth shattering but worthy of another year on a list bearing in mind his issues. Not two.

Within a month post-contract the numpty had his little party night with Crouch, and then less than three months after that had the photo leaked and was stood down indefinitely.
His issues were there at Richmond too, which is why they were more than happy to give him away.

He's just a dumb bloke that keeps getting caught doing dumb things that isn't really that good at football.

Using St Kilda as the beacon of list management now...... Straw clutching.

Even so, Brad's career to date even with his injuries ****s all over Tyson's and is deserving of said contract.
St Kilda saw a way to get a cheap quality mid on their list.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He's just a dumb bloke

Probably true.

that keeps getting caught doing dumb things

Definitely true

that isn't really that good at football.

Debatable. Jury still out at best.

People here don’t realize that some of the best footballers of all time have been the first two things.

I’m not saying he’s some superstar, just that you have to give a bloke his marching orders for the right reasons. Our club‘s track record is that even on their absolute best day they don’t know right reasons from their a-hole.

Maybe they do now? Time will tell.

The question is will Stengle get another go somewhere else?
The question before that one is does he even want another go? If he's not willing to do what it takes to meet the professional standards required here, I don't see why he would have a sudden attitude adjustment to do it somewhere else. And he doesn't have the runs on the board to be worth the risk for another club - this isn't a Ben Cousins type situation. Unless he has an absolute blinder of a year in the SANFL, it's hard to see another club being willing to take the risk on him based on exposed form v exposed attitude. There would just seem to be a lot more downside than upside there for a club.

You make it sound like that isn’t on the club. They signed him five minutes ago.
It’s not on the club at all.
Just like everyone else they would have thought he was apart of the future at that point.
If you think he is the only AFL player that does cocaine in his spare time, you’re extremely naive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back