Making their Mark -

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't help but think elite athletes would be a little more inspired by Dew if he wasn't in such poor shape. Is that a basic point of view?

Much like I wouldn't pay to have my car detailed by someone driving around a barely running, dented up piece of sh*t bunky.
TBF, he wasn't in pristine condition when he played, so it's not surprising he's carrying a few.
As others have said, his playing record speaks for itself and demands respect.

I'm sure he's a solid coach for what occurs above the shoulders, but it must be a little difficult to berate your players about standards when you're rocking up to the job in that condition.
Maybe...certainly don't have a problem with coaches dropping the f-bomb when needed!
Except in junior footy once there was a coach swearing at the oppo coaches+parents during the match, lowlife! (under 14's)
Anyway, it seems to work for Dew and crew!?
How dangerous is round 1..???
Need to be absolutely toey as all F# from Go to Whoa!

Last edited:
Betts, Sloane and NicNat stand out as great guys.
Seeing the stress Betts was going through away from his young family and then the Joy when they arrived at the hub just shows that it wasn't that easy on some of the players. Some would have done it easy but for others it would have been quite difficult.

Hardwick and Simmo were standouts with their professionalism and player relationships. Def well run teams.

Cameron on the other hand, OMG, Talks in riddles, get's puns mixed up and generally doesn't make a lot of sense. " All you guys sitting around here" everybody is standing?? Tell's Cog's they are dropping him, match committee decision you are not getting selected. Cog's basically cops it on the chin and has no response, not surprising. Then Cameron tells the playing group it was Cogs decision to be omitted. " We could have said he was rested or out with soreness but it was his decision to say he was omitted" ????
Poor Coniglio basically gets made captain to entice him to sign on for big $$$, even though he is not right for the position, then gets hit with Covid season as his first as captain while also being part of a reality documentary. Kid would have been so mind frizzled. I wish him a much better year this year.
Yep drop a decent coach into GWS and they would have won a premiership or 2 by now I think.

Nicks and Dew boy are pretty good fits where they are. Dew in particular is the type of coach you WANT to play for.

Matt Rowel............................FREAK.

F--K we wasted last year.

I just can't help but think elite athletes would be a little more inspired by Dew if he wasn't in such poor shape. Is that a basic point of view?

Much like I wouldn't pay to have my car detailed by someone driving around a barely running, dented up piece of sh*t bunky.
So if Gov takes up coaching after he hangs up his boots!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great series. I hope all the Simmo critics who go on about him being too friendly with players watch this and see his willingness to give them a spray when it's needed. As he said, he'll always have their backs publicly - and his fierce loyalty to them is one of his most obvious traits as a coach - but behind closed doors he won't cop poor standards. And you could just about apply the same description to the bloke who's coached three of the last four premierships. Maybe there's something in that?

Other thoughts:

- Simmo's spray in the hub about there being no nutritionist and senior players just doing whatever they wanted was interesting. That was around the same time Jetta was dropped after - from memory - a shocking performance against Port Adelaide

- Interesting to see Oscar Allen, Waterman, Duggan and Jarrod Cameron from memory in the chaplain group with Nic Nat

- As others have said, the Coniglio/Leon Cameron stuff was painful to watch. Cameron seems like he's completely lost the group and in a more normal season you'd think he might have been moved on. Part of me feels like we dodged a bullet by not recruiting Coniglio given it could have resulted in him becoming our captain - just doesn't seem suited to it at all. You need someone who can motivate and engage their teammates and Cogs seems far too insular

- Rory Sloane will win a lot of admirers. Crows are fortunate to have someone like him as their captain under these circumstances

- NN is an entertaining dude. Loved Simmo telling him to bash Reilly O'Brien for disrespecting him

- Stuart Dew just about best on ground for me, seems like a very funny and down to earth bloke

4 eps in Simmo has got to be one of the best speakers in the AFL. Always seems to know what to say.

We are so lucky that he is our coach.
Yep you can just see him or Hardwick standing in front of the board of directors of a billlion dollar company motivating them.

Cameron on the other hand would struggle to motivate the staff of the local Hungry Jacks.

Great series. I hope all the Simmo critics who go on about him being too friendly with players watch this and see his willingness to give them a spray when it's needed. As he said, he'll always have their backs publicly - and his fierce loyalty to them is one of his most obvious traits as a coach - but behind closed doors he won't cop poor standards. And you could just about apply the same description to the bloke who's coached three of the last four premierships. Maybe there's something in that?

Other thoughts:

- Simmo's spray in the hub about there being no nutritionist and senior players just doing whatever they wanted was interesting. That was around the same time Jetta was dropped after - from memory - a shocking performance against Port Adelaide

- Interesting to see Oscar Allen, Waterman, Duggan and Jarrod Cameron from memory in the chaplain group with Nic Nat

- As others have said, the Coniglio/Leon Cameron stuff was painful to watch. Cameron seems like he's completely lost the group and in a more normal season you'd think he might have been moved on. Part of me feels like we dodged a bullet by not recruiting Coniglio given it could have resulted in him becoming our captain - just doesn't seem suited to it at all. You need someone who can motivate and engage their teammates and Cogs seems far too insular

- Rory Sloane will win a lot of admirers. Crows are fortunate to have someone like him as their captain under these circumstances

- NN is an entertaining dude. Loved Simmo telling him to bash Reilly O'Brien for disrespecting him

- Stuart Dew just about best on ground for me, seems like a very funny and down to earth bloke

Sloane came across as a very good leader and person.

Yep you can just see him or Hardwick standing in front of the board of directors of a billlion dollar company motivating them.

Cameron on the other hand would struggle to motivate the staff of the local Hungry Jacks.

To be fair, I think the greatest motivational speak in the world would struggle to motivate the staff at any Hungry Jacks...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back