Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Very very good cameo from Jack Ross
Jack Graham .................. Who was saying he 'just doesnt get enough of the ball'
Well stats will back it up that he hasn't, but the speed of the game last night and his outrageous running capacity to keep up with it has brought him to the fore. When most others were wilting, Graham just kept on pushing. I knew someone like that once, a runner that just loved that pain of gut running, 3rd in the Melb. marathon at 17, and she wanted to run back to Mordialloc where she lived at the end of it.
Graham is a kelpie of highest pedigree.

He was faster than I recall. Might have been the fresh legs, but his acceleration was fantastic.

Night and day compared with someone like Caddy.
He was always quick over a short distance. He has really quick feet which makes him very nimble for a big mid. Helps him change direction which helps a lot especially with tackling.

I said pregame I thought he would have been a better replacement for Cotch than Pickett, especially against a midfield with Cripps.

Would really like to see him in the 22, but with Cotchin coming back he might just be the 23rd man, or the one just left out of the midfield.

Once Cotch is back, Ross/Cotchin is probably not as much variety as Cotchin/Pickett.

I said pregame I thought he would have been a better replacement for Cotch than Pickett, especially against a midfield with Cripps.

Would really like to see him in the 22, but with Cotchin coming back he might just be the 23rd man, or the one just left out of the midfield.

Once Cotch is back, Ross/Cotchin is probably not as much variety as Cotchin/Pickett.
Reckon he was too good to leave out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he was too good to leave out.
It's weird people talk up RCD Dow etc when Ross is miles better than both.

It's a shame our team is so strong because he's a serious talent. We need to find a way to play him.
Agree, but who gets dropped then?
Cotch takes a spot, which means 2 need to come out.

Ignoring the Astbury suspension possibility, which 2 would you drop from the middle?

Injuries might be the only way he cracks in, or we drop one of the small forwards like Aarts.

Agree, but who gets dropped then?
Cotch takes a spot, which means 2 need to come out.

Ignoring the Astbury suspension possibility, which 2 would you drop from the middle?

Injuries might be the only way he cracks in, or we drop one of the small forwards like Aarts.
Pickett for one. I like Pickett but he has been off the pace otherwise he wouldn't have been playing 2nd's. And Pickett is better than Caddy as Caddy is too slow for the wing. The pace of the game has gone up a level. Edwards was on the wing at times last night.

Would rather see Ross in than either of the other two as I reckon he is a gun in the waiting. Has everything you need as a mid, great strength, balance, composure, dedcent speed and he can really lay a tackle which was necessary last night in case you missed Cripps.

Pickett for one. I like Pickett but he has been off the pace otherwise he wouldn't have been playing 2nd's. And Pickett is better than Caddy as Caddy is too slow for the wing. The pace of the game has gone up a level. Edwards was on the wing at times last night.

Would rather see Ross in than either of the other two as I reckon he is a gun in the waiting. Has everything you need as a mid, great strength, balance, composure, dedcent speed and he can really lay a tackle which was necessary last night in case you missed Cripps.
pickett serviceable last night. caddy needs to go.

It's weird people talk up RCD Dow etc when Ross is miles better than both.

It's a shame our team is so strong because he's a serious talent. We need to find a way to play him.
Bit harsh on Dow. He's got Edwards-like hands.

will ask for a trade end of year

not best 22 if no injuries in the side

He'd be the most likely of our juniors on the fringe to have other clubs in his ear.

The injury thanks to Fyfe in 2019 came at a bad time he was up and about playing really good footy.

Kangas, or Blues or Hawks would go for him possibly.

If he does want to leave at years end we can send him to the Suns as compo for us taking Rowell!!

He was always quick over a short distance. He has really quick feet which makes him very nimble for a big mid. Helps him change direction which helps a lot especially with tackling.

been doing this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back