Vent 2021 Fantasy Regrets / Vents .... Oh My !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok so it’s only half time so I know I’m going early, but Paddy Dow??! Are the great unwashed seriously going to be rewarded by picking PADDY FREAKING DOW??!

Gone to the dogs fantasy has :mad:

you’re going to start with a 0 on the bench just to get a 130?

I have a rookie play, they score a 30-40 and make how much? Then, what if the captain goes 90 even? Are those measly dollars worth 80 points?

I have a rookie play, they score a 30-40 and make how much? Then, what if the captain goes 90 even? Are those measly dollars worth 80 points?

In that scenario you would only lose 40 points, not 80 (you would get 90 x 2 and 130 x 1 = 310 instead of 90 x 1 and 130 x 2 = 350).

Personally I would take long-term cash generation over 40 points, but it is line ball and definitely an interesting discussion point. I have the VC on Macrae and the line is 150 for me before I’ll consider taking a non-playing rookie into round 1. Others will have a different opinion though and that‘s what makes it interesting :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long are you stuck with your DNP?
It's not just this weeks cash gen at risk.
So at a minimum it's measly dollars and a forced trade (or hold that donut for even longer in the hope they're named)

DNP super useful with the rolling lockouts but I just can't do it round 1.

In that scenario you would only lose 40 points, not 80 (you would get 90 x 2 and 130 x 1 = 310 instead of 90 x 1 and 130 x 2 = 350).

Personally I would take long-term cash generation over 40 points, but it is line ball and definitely an interesting discussion point. I have the VC on Macrae and the line is 150 for me before I’ll consider taking a non-playing rookie into round 1. Others will have a different opinion though and that‘s what makes it interesting :thumbsu:

No, I would lose 80 (I made Dusty C via loophole) 130 x 2 = 260. 90 x 2 = 180

No, I would lose 80 (I made Dusty C via loophole) 130 x 2 = 260. 90 x 2 = 180

No. You would lose 40.

Option A - You take Dusty’s VC
You get Dusty twice 130 x 2 = 260
Random 90 guy who would have been your C, you still get once = 90
Total = 350

OR

Option B - You don’t take Dusty’s VC
You still get Dusty once = 130
Random 90 guy becomes your captain = 180
Total = 310

Total loss = 40 points

This is a common mistake and I used to make it myself when calculating differences in captain scores. You lose the difference between the two players. You do not lose the difference between two players doubled.

Right now I have none which blows my mind

Cant complain much. 1525 with Gaff, Taranto, Rowell, Witts and Flynn left. Lloyd was a little light and Neale had a bleh start

Not picking Tom Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back