glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Can't say I saw that... Marvel are pretty good at keeping loose ends just in case. Wouldn't be surprised if he's never seen again but that he never appeared after the "please don't hurt me" scene or whatever it was was really weird to me.

Ahh okay apologies, you’re referring to the scene itself. I thought you were referring to Shakman on the podcast sorry. Hence my confusion, because he legit did say that’s the characters name (and sounded a bit sheepish in saying so - perhaps that’s something he may have changed if he had his time over again given the reaction to it).

Yes a few characters did seem to finish a bit abruptly. Darcy, Spectrum/Photon as well. Perhaps a consequence of that tenth episode not being able to be completed.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Ahh okay apologies, you’re referring to the scene itself. I thought you were referring to Shakman on the podcast sorry. Hence my confusion, because he legit did say that’s the characters name (and sounded a bit sheepish in saying so - perhaps that’s something he may have changed if he had his time over again given the reaction to it).

Yes a few characters did seem to finish a bit abruptly. Darcy, Spectrum/Photon as well. Perhaps a consequence of that tenth episode not being able to be completed.

Makes total sense... yeah, I meant Evan Peters in the show had a laugh at the name.

Yeah, they packed so much into ep 9 and IMO ep 8 could have taken out about 20% of flashback and squeezed some of those Monica/Ralph and Darcy scenes in. It's all minor nitpicking though, the Disney+ MCU content is a treat.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
So Black Widow delayed another 2 months but will be on disney+ same day but you gotta pay $35.

I get it but I also think its a bit greedy and could come back to bite them a little. The delay is more annoying then the price.

$35 is a pretty decent price to have an A+ MCU movie on in your own home in 4K and it gets better the more people you have in your household when compared to ticket prices. Problem is for them they're going to lose a butt-load of money, people aren't going to the cinemas en masse yet so their forced to hope for the best in theatres and PPV take-up in July knowing three hours after launch pristine copies of the movie will be up on torrent sites.

$35 is a pretty decent price to have an A+ MCU movie on in your own home in 4K and it gets better the more people you have in your household when compared to ticket prices. Problem is for them they're going to lose a butt-load of money, people aren't going to the cinemas en masse yet so their forced to hope for the best in theatres and PPV take-up in July knowing three hours after launch pristine copies of the movie will be up on torrent sites.

Can't wait to download.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The difference is the cinema you can only watch it once and that’s the cost for one person.
Where as on the streaming it’s the one price for however many you have at home and as many times as you want.
Pretty sure they usually have a 24 or 48 hour cap but i havent done it with Disney so cant confirm.

35 bucks! It would be cheaper to go to the cinema and get a popcorn!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Yehhhhhh $35 is pretty steep considering you have to also have the sub (which is about $10 a month) so its really $45.

$20 would be optimal (IMO) id probably pay $30.

$23 for an adult ticket at village. Two adults $46. (not sure if there's an online booking fee....probably!). Plus food or drink if youd like.

dont mind the idea of paying 20 or 30 though.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Pretty sure they usually have a 24 or 48 hour cap but i havent done it with Disney so cant confirm.

Only when I read the fine print did I realise it’s actually a permanent purchase. Not a rental like we’ve become accustomed to on other services.

I’m surprised that point hasn’t been expressed more prominently in the advertising etc, as it’s a very important distinction. Or maybe it has and I’ve completely missed it.

Anyway, for me I’d much prefer the cinema but this is a decent option too I feel.

Back