Coach Collingwood and Buckley - time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Buckley has been at the Pies for 9 years with 0 premierships. After losing Stephenson, Phillips and Treloar in the offseason, the Pies starts 2021 0-1 with a loss to the Bulldogs.

The game against Carlton next Thursday night will be a defining game for Bucks.

the-office-its-happening-gif-5.gif

Yet at Carlton, it doesn’t matter the coach the club is still a joke.
What is it now, 26 years since a flag.

Yet they have won the same amount of flags as you guys in the last 3 decades. I wouldn't get too high and mighty. 🤣

I never thought Buckley was that good a coach, as a man manager or a match day coach.

It also doesn't help Collingwood that they are paying huge money to Grundy when he isn't really the player he was 2 or 3 years ago, and now they are paying Treloar something like $300,000 a year for him to play for another team.

You wonder where all the money is going given their salary cap was so full that they needed to get rid of Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips for peanuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley would have to sign off on these deals. The coach is usually somewhat involved in who stays and who goes, and determining how much a player is worth to the club.
I seriously doubt the coach gets involved in player contracts TBH.
Especially the money and length.

Sure he gets a say in who stay or goes, but not on the amounts I wouldn't have thought.

That's up to the list manager.

Really shouldn’t. Got one of the worst forward lines to ever exist a kick away from a flag. Man is capable, but with the rhetoric and Eddie not there I doubt he survives a year without finals.
Funny that.....

Ross Lyons 2013 Grand final side he had at the dockers had a horrible forwardline and lost only by 15 points with a hawks side that had Buddy franklin, Roughead, Cyril Rioli, Paul Puopolo, Jack gunston and David hale.

But yes..... Teams make grand finals with average forward lines and lose grand finals because of it. Yet the coach gets slaughtered for it.

you can only work with the players available.

Really shouldn’t. Got one of the worst forward lines to ever exist a kick away from a flag. Man is capable, but with the rhetoric and Eddie not there I doubt he survives a year without finals.
He can't live off that forever. Brad Scott got us to consecutive prelims with 1/10th of the resources and support staff and he was given the flick in his tenth season. Buckley also inherited a much better list😉

Funny that.....

Ross Lyons 2013 Grand final side he had at the dockers had a horrible forwardline and lost only by 15 points with a hawks side that had Buddy franklin, Roughead, Cyril Rioli, Paul Puopolo, Jack gunston and David hale.

But yes..... Teams make grand finals with average forward lines and lose grand finals because of it. Yet the coach gets slaughtered for it.

you can only work with the players available.

Not to mention how easily a single event changes the rhetoric around coaches. I wonder how the rhetoric around Bucks and Mick as Collingwood coaches changes if Sheed misses in 2018 and the ball bounces up for Milne in 2010...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back