Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wasn't his fault, look at the supply into the forward line. He had good moments where he took the game on. Was nowhere our worst.

What good moments did he have? Genuinely curious.

And his last two games have absolutely been his fault, he's like a headless chook out there, dropping chest marks, virtually all of his few kicks have been smothered and very fumbly when the ball is near him.

And his last two games have absolutely been his fault, he's like a headless chook out there, dropping chest marks, virtually all of his few kicks have been smothered and very fumbly when the ball is near him.
There was a few moments where he took the game on, just didn't come off. I like when he was about to kick a goal but got smothered. Even Bucks said he doesn't place the blame on the forwards.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stevo kicked zero goals zero behinds in his first three games. And his output gradually got worse.... 16 possessions, 13 possessions, and 6 possessions.

He was lucky to be picked for his fourth game.
Still, he got 16 possessions in his first game which is considerably better than anything Henry produced.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's either mentally in a bad spot right now or you believe hes dropped 5 uncontested marks in his past 2 games because his skills are crap. You can believe that if you want, I believe he's just in poor form and his confidence is shot and needs VFL game time.

Yes but Mentally shot. Bit of an overstatement.

Really scrapping the bottom of the barrel if a highlight is getting smothered
It was a lovely pick up, but yeah, he's not ready. Needs to get some confidence and increased intensity and second efforts in the VFL. Long term, I'm concerned that he might be slow.

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think if you take in the game vs Richmond and this as 2 games of getting donuts and looking lost, do you really want to triple down on that? Could break him.

Just let him go back spend next 12 months in vfl ( unless form dictates otherwise) and have another preseason under him.

There are others who should be looked at like Rantall, Bianco and maybe Wilson.

Fair.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
There was a few moments where he took the game on, just didn't come off. I like when he was about to kick a goal but got smothered. Even Bucks said he doesn't place the blame on the forwards.

The only time he took the game on he got caught then kicked into the opposition player? That's the highlight?

JM#1

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Each year teams are lucky enough to introduce first year players who immediately cement a best 22 spot. Man, I wish that happened with us last night. Unfortunately not even close.

Leave the kid in, give him the opportunity to play 4/5 games and see how he goes. A million footballers first game has been ordinary.

Jonanthon Brown could not even got a Touch in his 1st Game

Each year teams are lucky enough to introduce first year players who immediately cement a best 22 spot. Man, I wish that happened with us last night. Unfortunately not even close.

Well we had a Ton of Players that was nothing close to good enough at AFL Level

You said he was worst on ground. WHE was better?

Back