Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been bad for a season and a half. Sad to see, but I fear there's no coming back for him.

He had Brillant 1st Season with 41 Goals but since then been barley Sighted.

Love his Skills but has been Soft and Barley touches the Ball

Should move to the backline and get Crisp in the middle

He wasn’t our worst last night. He is a purely uncontested player, with pace and skills that are severely lacking. He’s not going to be the one to win the ball, but he is the one you want delivering into 50 ( his Clanger from last night aside) or kicking at goal.

my big criticism was that last season we carried too many soft uncontested types...last night showed another couple who I think should be dropped for their performances (noble and madgen)....I think if we are going to carry one, it should be WHE because he brings a skill set that we sorely need. If the mids are doing their job and winning the ball and laying the tackles it makes sense to have WHE in the side.

He wasn’t our worst last night. He is a purely uncontested player, with pace and skills that are severely lacking. He’s not going to be the one to win the ball, but he is the one you want delivering into 50 ( his Clanger from last night aside) or kicking at goal.

my big criticism was that last season we carried too many soft uncontested types...last night showed another couple who I think should be dropped for their performances (noble and madgen)....I think if we are going to carry one, it should be WHE because he brings a skill set that we sorely need. If the mids are doing their job and winning the ball and laying the tackles it makes sense to have WHE in the side.
That’s a pretty ordinary take quite frankly. Both Noble and Magden were in our top 8 players on the night.

Hos was the worst player on either team combined bar none. Played the worst game I’ve probably ever seen from a skilled player (I was there and have seen thousands of games live).

He needs to play VFL immediately as he needs confidence. I’m a fan usually but he stunk it up big time.

That’s a pretty ordinary take quite frankly. Both Noble and Magden were in our top 8 players on the night.

Hos was the worst player on either team combined bar none. Played the worst game I’ve probably ever seen from a skilled player (I was there and have seen thousands of games live).

He needs to play VFL immediately as he needs confidence. I’m a fan usually but he stunk it up big time.
Top 8? did we have 8 players that were worthy? So noble in his role for the night until they moved him back was abysmal, may have got the stats but he got caught, turned it over and shirked a couple of contests. This is not top 8 worthy.

Madgen similarly, dropped some marks, fumbled the ball, turned it over sold team mates into dangerous positions and also didn’t go hard enough at times. Not top 8 worthy.

the point I was trying to make is that WHE didn’t have an impactful game, but not entirely his fault given his role in the team. He’s a purely outside type the plays best when the ball is fed to him. The team failed to do that. Due to salary cap constraints Not everyone can be a Darcy Moore. So if we are going to have one soft player in the side I’d choose WHE at this present moment, just purely because he can bring speed and skill that we just don’t have.

I’d be open to trialling some debutants in his role, if they are worthy.

Well done for being at the game and for seeing thousands of games live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 8? did we have 8 players that were worthy? So noble in his role for the night until they moved him back was abysmal, may have got the stats but he got caught, turned it over and shirked a couple of contests. This is not top 8 worthy.

Madgen similarly, dropped some marks, fumbled the ball, turned it over sold team mates into dangerous positions and also didn’t go hard enough at times. Not top 8 worthy.

the point I was trying to make is that WHE didn’t have an impactful game, but not entirely his fault given his role in the team. He’s a purely outside type the plays best when the ball is fed to him. The team failed to do that. Due to salary cap constraints Not everyone can be a Darcy Moore. So if we are going to have one soft player in the side I’d choose WHE at this present moment, just purely because he can bring speed and skill that we just don’t have.

Nice last paragraph 👍.

Yes WHE is soft and outside, that’s a given. Accepting that, the very point I am making is that his skills were abysmal at best, he ****ed every pooch every time he touched it. It was embarrassing quite frankly.

Despite your cute little dismissal of my point about seeing it live at the ground and giving my view some context (I.e. I go to most matches) he was shithouse. One of the worst individual games I’ve seen live.

He made Madgen and Noble look like Doull and Wanganeen in comparison.

Nice last paragraph 👍.

Yes WHE is soft and outside, that’s a given. Accepting that, the very point I am making is that his skills were abysmal at best, he f’ed every pooch every time he touched it. It was embarrassing quite frankly.

Despite your cute little dismissal of my point about seeing it live at the ground and giving my view some context (I.e. I go to most matches) he was shithouse. One of the worst individual games I’ve seen live.

He made Madgen and Noble look like Doull and Wanganeen in comparison.
Not sure if you could see the game from your seat, but the whole team had a poor game from a skills perspective...and from just about every other perspective (save for Moore). Pendlebury, usually our best was also caught a number of times and missing targets.

4 tackles and a goal assist when both stats were hard to come by is a significant contribution. I felt that madgen was carried by his more than capable team mates in defence and that Noble was entirely lost in the middle and had limited impact.

Not sure if you could see the game from your seat, but the whole team had a poor game from a skills perspective...and from just about every other perspective (save for Moore). Pendlebury, usually our best was also caught a number of times and missing targets.

4 tackles and a goal assist when both stats were hard to come by is a significant contribution. I felt that madgen was carried by his more than capable team mates in defence and that Noble was entirely lost in the middle and had limited impact.
Hey mate, maybe just quit your cute little insults eh? What’s up with the sarcastic first sentence?

Now to address your post, yes they were all down apart from Moore, yep 100% agree. However, WHE was beyond awful and fluffed basic skill tasks to the degree that it was embarrassing.

btw, please don’t include the goal assist in his stats. He was rag dolled and some how his errant foot sent the ball anonymously in the air that was just by fluke to a lone Elliott. It’s a false stat.

Hey mate, maybe just quit your cute little insults eh? What’s up with the sarcastic first sentence?

Now to address your post, yes they were all down apart from Moore, yep 100% agree. However, WHE was beyond awful and fluffed basic skill tasks to the degree that it was embarrassing.

btw, please don’t include the goal assist in his stats. He was rag dolled and some how his errant foot sent the ball anonymously in the air that was just by fluke to a lone Elliott. It’s a false stat.
This made me laugh, Thinking how comically bad yet lucky that was at the same time 😂. And then Elliot kicking a goal from the boundary. That’s how hard it is for us to score.

You know his goal assist happened when he fumbled an easy ball then as he got tackled he just threw it on the boot and it happened to land in Elliots hands 45 metres out on the boundary line?

Yep... Exquisite skills....

Those potting Madgen after last night are bloody biased. He had a solid game.

They were contracted. You can't save money by sacking a contracted player unless another club is willing to pay his salary.
well hopefully there contract finishes this year. Both should not be getting anymore than bare minimum. Bet they are on about 500,000 but.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back