Position 2021 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less stoppages this year= less ruck points.

I don't think it's that.
I can't find a stat for Stoppages, but hitout totals for last night were 65, the 2019 game between the two teams was 66.
Clearances for last nights game totalled 70, 2019 game 59.

Yet Grundy scored 160 in 2019

2018 also saw lower hit outs (64) and only slightly more clearances (72) yet Grundy scored 152.

I think like others have said, the rucks are not being used in transition as much.

Grundy disposals in corresponding games:
2018: 26
2019: 23
2021: 11

Maybe it was just a bad night, maybe Martin/English deserve credit for effectively 'tagging' him, or maybe the game has changed so much that rucks are now s**t and we need to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside...

I don't think it's that.
I can't find a stat for Stoppages, but hitout totals for last night were 65, the 2019 game between the two teams was 66.

2018 also saw lower hit outs (64) and only slightly more clearances (72) yet Grundy scored 152.

I think like others have said, the rucks are not being used in transition as much.

Maybe it was just a bad night, maybe Martin/English deserve credit for effectively 'tagging' him, or maybe the game has changed so much that rucks are now sh*t and we need to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside...

def just a bad night

English made his projected score and on par with 2020 ave. Martin doubled 2020 ave (only 6 games) And matched 2019 ave (22 matches)

Gawn 153 vs a purple bean bag

I don't think it's that.

Maybe it was just a bad night, maybe Martin/English deserve credit for effectively 'tagging' him, or maybe the game has changed so much that rucks are now sh*t and we need to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside...
There will be less stoppages per game time compared to last year's shortened games.

So my dilemma is this

Do I play Meek on field so Im guarenteed one ruck score or do I do what Im currently doing and bench him with the E and if one of Hunter and Flynn doesnt play I bring in a R/F loopy to get Meeks score and open up Fullerton as ruck back up?

The prospect of My R1 and R2 scores being a Flynn vs Hunter debute rookie ruck showdown get my chol dancing

Thoughts kents?

I'm backing Grundy in to redeem himself next week against Pittonet. I'm not one for trading out premo's just because they have a couple of bad weeks but if he does spud it up again I might trade him for Marshall if he is back for Round 3 and play him at R2 until Treacy gets a game and swing them around. By then Flynn might have maxed out and I can get another premo ruck. This is all just a maybe.

So my dilemma is this

Do I play Meek on field so Im guarenteed one ruck score or do I do what Im currently doing and bench him with the E and if one of Hunter and Flynn doesnt play I bring in a R/F loopy to get Meeks score and open up Fullerton as ruck back up?

The prospect of My R1 and R2 scores being a Flynn vs Hunter debute rookie ruck showdown get my chol dancing

Thoughts kents?

This is a problem for someone with a little Chol so I can't help you the big boys have Gawndy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here2tellyouwhy what are you going to do with the 50k?
Already booked the entertainment and have a pallet of Columbias finest on board the back of a Russian sub on its way to the Gold Coast.

What hotel up there has the best pool area and craft beer on tap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back