Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

hawks home game next week but hawks should only use about 20k of their allocation for next sundays game

afl will increase to 75k mid week

should get 55k richmond fans to this game vs 20k hawks

I don’t know how the * Hawthorn are going to manage to get 20k into the ground...

20k pets that is, because that’s all their membership base is made up of.

Just give us our cards back and end this bullshit, oh that's right they want to sit you in specific spots because covid, doesn't matter because you need to contact trace the whole ground anyway due to them not knowing if a person interacted with someone before and after the game who sat in another section of the ground.

Case in point, I had pre game dinner and drinks with people last Thursday who were in 3 other sections of the ground.

Just give us our cards back and end this bullshit, oh that's right they want to sit you in specific spots because covid, doesn't matter because you need to contact trace the whole ground anyway due to them not knowing if a person interacted with someone before and after the game who sat in another section of the ground.

Case in point, I had pre game dinner and drinks with people last Thursday who were in 3 other sections of the ground.
Ditto, drinks in swan st. 2 groups sitting in different sections. It's bullshite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you give it to someone pre game they won’t be infectious at the game. It doesn’t incubate that quickly.

Out of interest was there any communication or guidelines set out about what type of seats to expect if you're a reserved seat member entering the ballot?

E.g was it said they would sit you as close to your normal seats as possible?

Family of mine have level 1 reserved seats and ended up with level 4 tickets. And while thrilled they are going, my 80+ year old grandma won't be able to see much of the game which sucks.

Just keen to understand the process more.

Was there any reason they couldn't assign reserved seat holders their seats? Or at least the same bay or 1 near by if at capacity in certain areas?

Im sure there are logical answers for the above, I just haven't read much into it cause I knew I wasn't able to make Round 1 from a long way out.
Pretty random, I was 40 bays away from reg terrace spot

Wonder how easy it will be to get a seat this week, only 40k for club members and GA rest is mcc and afl . Don’t reckon that would last long for Richmond home game , maybe diff for haw. Betchya the 35 allocated to mcc and afl arent taken up , does that mean they then spill to GA , you’d think so

I'll give you 10 minutes to work out what my reply will be :think:
It’ll be something along the lines of ‘if x is allowed, why can’t we do y’

Because it’s all about making management easier. Instead of needing to contact trace the entire stadium because anyone could’ve been anywhere, you only need to trace people in their section. You also need to trace any pubs they visited or public transport they used - but that is significantly less people than the entire stadium.
It is true that people from different sections will cross paths outside the stadium. But the risk of transmission on the outside is significantly different than in shared spaces on the inside. So you don’t need to directly contact everyone.

It’ll be something along the lines of ‘if x is allowed, why can’t we do y’

Because it’s all about making management easier. Instead of needing to contact trace the entire stadium because anyone could’ve been anywhere, you only need to trace people in their section. You also need to trace any pubs they visited or public transport they used - but that is significantly less people than the entire stadium.
It is true that people from different sections will cross paths outside the stadium. But the risk of transmission on the outside is significantly different than in shared spaces on the inside. So you don’t need to directly contact everyone.
Wrong, you need to contact trace the whole stadium if you are fair dinkam about doing it correctly, I'll tell you right now, on Sunday I will be able to get into 3 sections of the MCG because they are slack at the gates.

So you see I just potentially infected 3 sections of the MCG because I was able to get into all those sections, hence why you need to to trace the whole stadium.

You want to keep on top of this bullshit...........do it properly.

Wrong, you need to contact trace the whole stadium if you are fair dinkam about doing it correctly, I'll tell you right now, on Sunday I will be able to get into 3 sections of the MCG because they are slack at the gates.

So you see I just potentially infected 3 sections of the MCG because I was able to get into all those sections, hence why you need to to trace the whole stadium.

You want to keep on top of this bullshit...........do it properly.
So you’re complaining about rules that don’t get enforced?

Pretty random, I was 40 bays away from reg terrace spot
We were nearly 20 bays from our regular long time seats in the olympic stand & ended up behind the goals in the ponsford right next to the Carlton cheersquard. And yes they did tell us that they would try to allocate us seats as close as possible to our normal seating area. I'm sorry but the ponsford is no where near the olympic stand! :mad:

Decided not to attend the Sydney game. There's no chance we are going to interrupt our long weekend away with this seating nonsense going on. Like all other diehards out there we just want to watch the game in our usual reserved seats with our mates.

So you’re complaining about rules that don’t get enforced?
It went over your head didn't it, this is what happens to people who are so process based like yourself.

I spend the evening four nights before a football game with 4 others who will sitting in the other 4 sections of the ground, i get sick get tested test positive, still think the section i was in should only be traced. Oh i forgot to add that i didn't mention that night to tracers because i know those four can't afford to isolate for even 1 day let alone 14. Still think only my section should be traced.

It's why i said just open up the ground give us our cards back and stop this sit in your seat section bullshit.

It went over your head didn't it, this is what happens to people who are so process based like yourself.

I spend the evening four nights before a football game with 4 others who will sitting in the other 4 sections of the ground, i get sick get tested test positive, still think the section i was in should only be traced. Oh i forgot to add that i didn't mention that night to tracers because i know those four can't afford to isolate for even 1 day let alone 14. Still think only my section should be traced.

It's why i said just open up the ground give us our cards back and stop this sit in your seat section bullshit.
There is an acceptable level of risk which must always be adhered to. From there it is about determining the restrictions that are least prohibitive, but will ensure that level of risk is met.

If people were always fully honest to contact tracers, then the risk that a close contact is missed is significantly reduced. In that case, we could take on some more risk in other areas - such as sporting events.
Perhaps there is more that can be done to ensure honesty at tracing interviews - there is already a payment for isolating but I am not certain of it’s details, so I’m open to hearing what your plan would be to reduce the risk in another area, so that the level of risk taken at sporting events can increase.

There is an acceptable level of risk which must always be adhered to. From there it is about determining the restrictions that are least prohibitive, but will ensure that level of risk is met.

If people were always fully honest to contact tracers, then the risk that a close contact is missed is significantly reduced. In that case, we could take on some more risk in other areas - such as sporting events.
Perhaps there is more that can be done to ensure honesty at tracing interviews - there is already a payment for isolating but I am not certain of it’s details, so I’m open to hearing what your plan would be to reduce the risk in another area, so that the level of risk taken at sporting events can increase.
It doesn't really matter anymore anyway, i already know that barcode hopping is happening with members who can't attend offloading to non-members so sectioning off and separating people in that section is just a plain waste of time.

Just go back to what it was and stop wanting to be seen to be doing something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back