Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Fell in love with his game on Draft night and have been nothing but impressed with him since.

Great character to go with the talent and ability.

Chad, Breust and Brockman roaming around the forward half is going to be very threatening if we can give them enough opportunity.

Does he have any capacity to roll through the middle for a few contests a quarter?
At a guess, he'd lack size/body strength for now, but that's an assumption.

Crazy not to try it if we're in front & it's not likely to start an avalanche against us

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does he have any capacity to roll through the middle for a few contests a quarter?

Played midfield in the first WA all star game and collected 26 possessions and was one of the best on ground, wouldn't be surprised if that game alone put him into real draft contention. Besides that was predominantly played fwd for subiaco colts. I think back half of the year he really lifted his training standards and intensity and it showed in his performances.

Dragz

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having just watched the replay, thought he turned on being focused at exactly the right moments and has that great ability to dial it down Just enough when having shots at goal .

Here’s a lad who knows his own game very well, knows his abilities and is confident in them and I suspect has that internal swagger of “I belong at this level”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The contested mark for his first goal was exceptional for a small forward. Will be an exciting watch this year that's for sure
Yeah it was a very strong grab. Tyler had a player on his tail and also another opponent coming across in front of him, but kept his eyes on the ball and took it strongly. Will be a very difficult match up.

Back