Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
Felt 100% vindicated over not selecting Gawn....

...then realised that the direct result of that decision was that I had Rowe and Gulden on the bench, not even Emg, because I brought in other more established players... :straining:

Friend of mine though went all-in with the 3 rookie rucks and he's basically premo Fwd line already if Ziebell plays well - Dusty, Danger, Zorko, Phillips, Higgins and Ziebell. Actually looks a great shout right through the byes if the amount of rookie FWD/MIDs keep playing as he can switch them through the byes.

I didn't see the game, but what are the rucks doing differently in the Lions vs Swans game?
They both tonned up :eek:
Both A grade rucks, obviously. Young Sydney mids hadn't been drinking as much bathwater as the Lions.

If Grundy doesn't ton up I might switch to Martin(pref) or Hickey on the bubble. Grundy will have a huge BE, whereas the other will have negative BE's. So probably 100+k profit over a couple of weeks.

Grundy at his peak was never a great tap ruckman, but he was like an extra on baller who was also a mobile marking target like English. Work rate and round ground efficiency were poor last year. If he can't ton up against Carlton he's gone.

Both A grade rucks, obviously. Young Sydney mids hadn't been drinking as much bathwater as the Lions.

If Grundy doesn't ton up I might switch to Martin(pref) or Hickey on the bubble. Grundy will have a huge BE, whereas the other will have negative BE's. So probably 100+k profit over a couple of weeks.

Grundy at his peak was never a great tap ruckman, but he was like an extra on baller who was also a mobile marking target like English. Work rate and round ground efficiency were poor last year. If he can't ton up against Carlton he's gone.

Yes I'm the same I will give Grundy another week but Grundy to Hickey Nets $387,100 that can be Highmore to May and I have 6 premos down back.

Imagine joking around about trading Gawn out and that rucks are going to score bad, acting all smug, only for Gawn and Grundy to be my 2 lowest scoring premiums

giphy.gif

Will be as bad as me when Flynn scores 40 today as R2. 🤣
If ruck scores are down, then wouldn't the rookie ruck scores be down too? I doubt Flynn will make enough cash with a 50 average.

Yes I'm the same I will give Grundy another week but Grundy to Hickey Nets $387,100 that can be Highmore to May and I have 6 premos down back.

Hickey has scored well but if Stef Martin serves up another 90+ I'd prefer him. Which midfield would you prefer to be tapping to, Doggies or Sydney?

Hickey has scored well but if Stef Martin serves up another 90+ I'd prefer him. Which midfield would you prefer to be tapping to, Doggies or Sydney?

Good point so I will go Gawn to Martin & Grundy to Hickey net profit $866,300 enough to upgrade to 2 performing premo's elsewhere :thumbsu:

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Contemplating a longer term rainy day option.
Marshall and ROB 2019 revisited ?
If Flynn does f'all today, park all my cash from Rnd 1 trades with Hickey at R3 :oops:. Hopefully get to 400+K before bye rnds. Then persist with Grawndy

NAhhhhh stoooopid. I'll just rage trade that manbun sporting purse carrying pinko lezzo woke flog straight to Hickey and upgrade Joe D to Dusty.

I ended up going this ridiculous setup and left 650k in the kitty in case I had to just bail out and get Gawn. Still early days, but hopefully Meek will score a little better going forward so I can spend the money elsewhere. And yes I know this is a dumb ruck setup and will blow up in my face.
View attachment 1082906

Exactly the same as mine, but at least we can say we tried.

I can’t remember the actual name, but there’s a fallacy about expecting the same thing to keep happening over and over. There’s a very good chance this strategy won’t work, but it should be obvious to anyone that stoppages will decrease and therefore ruck scoring.

Now I’m no fancy high-falutin’ Wall St guy, but I’d have thought a lot of the game is like investing - I just chose to “invest” my savings into other areas I thought were undervalued opposed to those that were.

Last edited:
Good point so I will go Gawn to Martin & Grundy to Hickey net profit $866,300 enough to upgrade to 2 performing premo's elsewhere :thumbsu:
Hold Gawn, the last couple of years his worst game of the H&A season has come in round 1. And for as poor a game he played he still almost scored 100

Grundy is the concerning one though imo

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I think an improving English and negative Martin double team, was too much for him.

FWIW, I think both Gawn and Grundy will be fine long term.
Agree with this, but you'd want better performances this week vs Hunter and pittojet. Grundy in particular under the microscope.

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras

If you're going to make this sort of change then surely McInerney makes more sense. You still save some cash, and realistically this year he could be within 10 pts avg of the top ruckmen since he scores in a variety of ways. You are not finishing the year with Hickey, there's every chance Sydney aren't either, but its all-in for McInerney for the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back