List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did North pass on McDonald for Phillips?

Midfielders are always available, great KPPs are much harder to find. Boggles the mind why they passed on him.

Especially when they went small at their next pick inside the top 10. Was a weird decision. That said Phillips will be a quality mid in time.

Drafted at pick 4

1. JUH
2. Thilthorpe
3. Phillips
4. Logan

Wow! Can’t believe North passed on McDonald. Him and Larkey would of been great to rebuild the team around. Phillips may become a gun but you can also throw money at mids to come to the club but not key position players. Harder to get!

Why did North pass on McDonald for Phillips?

Midfielders are always available, great KPPs are much harder to find. Boggles the mind why they passed on him.

Phillips was exceptional in his inderage year and out of the prospects from last year's draft was the closest to a sure thing.

Can definitely understand why North took him.

I think Harry Jones will be in the conversation as best young KPF by seasons end. Looked great last night bar the nerves infront of goal. 4 shots on goal playing KP in your debut game is a great effort.

I’m calling this a botch already - big mistake by North.

They will be hoping Phillips turns out to be an elite mid but jeez MCDonald was impressive. It wasn’t the 3 goals it was the fact he competed and created contests brought our ground level players like Gulden, etc into the game.

They will be hoping Phillips turns out to be an elite mid but jeez MCDonald was impressive. It wasn’t the 3 goals it was the fact he competed and created contests brought our ground level players like Gulden, etc into the game.

Let’s see if you hold onto him as well.

I don’t think we will need to be hoping for anything, we will be picking in the first few picks for the next couple of years. I’d much rather have a quality midfield first.

Let’s see if you hold onto him as well.

I don’t think we will need to be hoping for anything, we will be picking in the first few picks for the next couple of years. I’d much rather have a quality midfield first.

We haven’t had much issues holding onto ones we want it’s been GWS that’s had the issues

King Twins, Naughton, JUH, Logan, McKay, Georgiades and Allen are looking good for the next generation of key forwards taking over from Hawkins, Riewoldt and Kennedy.

Decade is shaping up to be a good one for the tall forward.
Felt like a generation was lost in the way of Patton, McCartin, Boyd, Hogan etc. Will be an exciting decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt like a generation was lost in the way of Patton, McCartin, Boyd, Hogan etc. Will be an exciting decade.
I think we did lose that generation in one way or another.

Either by injuries or not loving the game. But looks like we are getting a good generation of key talls

McCartin - Injuries
Patton - Injuries but also his size as a junior made him look better than he was.
Boyd - Mental health but also his size again made him look better than he was.
Schache - Lack of desire, also again, size made him look better than he was.
Hogan - Mental health

Patton, Boyd and Schache all got hype because the dominated their junior years, and they all did that because they were huge compared to their opponents. Once they ended up against defenders they could not rag doll or simply outmark because they were taller all three were found out.

McCartin - Injuries
Patton - Injuries but also his size as a junior made him look better than he was.
Boyd - Mental health but also his size again made him look better than he was.
Schache - Lack of desire, also again, size made him look better than he was.
Hogan - Mental health

Patton, Boyd and Schache all got hype because the dominated their junior years, and they all did that because they were huge compared to their opponents. Once they ended up against defenders they could not rag doll or simply outmark because they were taller all three were found out.

McCartin, Boyd and Schache in particular lack that burst speed that makes life easier by getting marks on the lead.

The new generation (King brothers, Naughton, Allen etc) all look to have better burst speed. More space on the lead and to run and jump for marks.

McCartin, Boyd and Schache in particular lack that burst speed that makes life easier by getting marks on the lead.

The new generation (King brothers, Naughton, Allen etc) all look to have better burst speed. More space on the lead and to run and jump for marks.

Of the old group I think we can all agree Hogan was the best of them, and could/should be a great Key Forward. It is just his mental health that is standing in the way instead of a lack of talent.

North missed a trick. Again.

They do need mids, but big forwards take longer to develop. They obviously didn’t think Logan was as likely to be a gun like Will is.

Hopefully it works out for them, but they would be all in for a tall forward next draft, where the problem should have already been solved.

North missed a trick. Again.

They do need mids, but big forwards take longer to develop. They obviously didn’t think Logan was as likely to be a gun like Will is.

Hopefully it works out for them, but they would be all in for a tall forward next draft, where the problem should have already been solved.

Also this years draft is packed with midfielders while it barely has any KPF's, so they won't be able to draft a KPF this year either. May have been better to get McDoald in 2020 and the mid they needed in 2021

He said he'd be in the conversation as one of the best young KPF not that he will be best young KPF. There's a difference.
Minuscule. You’re making the most pointless splitting of a hair point ever made.

his claim was stupid and one eyed. Jones looks good but no one can reasonably make any claim to him being the best young kf in a year off of that 0 goal game. Imagine making that claim in the same weekend a 1st year kf kicks three. Lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back