Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly, and Surprising vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s 2021 and we still have people that think women should be delegate and easily offended by vulgarity. This antiquated notion of the damsel who is pure and shouldn’t hear such crude terms should be left in the 50’s where it belongs.

You’re probably one of those people who was outraged by WAP.
Mate read the room, no matter what you think, it pays to read the room, And at this time the room is saying it time to refrain from those comments.

Yes... but that really isn't the point. It was a clear downfield free which wasn't paid. The fact that we found ourselves in a scoring position without the free is immaterial.
I wasnt arguing it wasnt a free. I was saying we benefitted from them not calling it so its a waste of time complaining. I would happily take a quick exit out of the backline over a free kick at HB which would have given Geelong time to set up.

I wasnt arguing it wasnt a free. I was saying we benefitted from them not calling it so its a waste of time complaining. I would happily take a quick exit out of the backline over a free kick at HB which would have given Geelong time to set up.
Free kick would have been downfield, so from memory it would have been on the wing.

Ststistically we only had 60 tackles, Geelong 59, watching live it felt like the pressure was far higher than that.

Our most pathetic effort last year, vs Norf, we registered 73 tackles.

The intent to create stoppage and turnovers from tackle pressure yesterday was far more prevalent than games with higher raw tackle counts last year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It was 33 to 23 tackles during the 2nd quarter. We set the scene early with more endeavour.

Cats evened things up in the 2nd half... but need to remember we were on our feet with 2 rotations down.

Maybe they called advantage? Can you call advantage on a down field free?
I don't see why they couldn't... but I'm fairly sure they didn't pay any free at all, for an incident which would almost certainly result in suspension if said offender wasn't on the AFL's "protected species" list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in my book, made several really costly mistakes and panicked under pressure a couple of times as well, think people are too focused on his stats yesterday.
Harsh.

His good far outweighed his bad.

For the most part Sholl used the ball well yesterday. He made sure he was an option on the outside yesterday & team mates knew he was there to use.

Will get inconsistency with younger players.

Ststistically we only had 60 tackles, Geelong 59, watching live it felt like the pressure was far higher than that.

Our most pathetic effort last year, vs Norf, we registered 73 tackles.

The intent to create stoppage and turnovers from tackle pressure yesterday was far more prevalent than games with higher raw tackle counts last year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Would that be because we were gang tackling? While 3-4 players laid the tackle at the same time, only 1 is recognised on the stats?

Would like to know the half time tackles vs full time. Would expect to see a drop off which correlated with Geelong getting on top.
Just posted i recall seeing 33 to 23 during the 2nd quarter & impressed we were 50% higher.

Harsh.

For the most part Sholl used the ball well yesterday. He made sure he was an option on the outside yesterday & team mates knew he was there to use.

Was our best outside player I felt. Was very impressed to discover he spent 95% of the game on the field

Just posted i recall seeing 33 to 23 during the 2nd quarter & impressed we were 50% higher.
33 for the 2nd quarter is great... but we ended up with 60 for the entire game. That's 27 tackles in total, for the remaining 3 quarters.

I'm guessing most of those 27 occurred in the 1st quarter. We may well have gone through the second half with a single-digit tackle count!

Harsh.

Did I say he was bad or ordinary anywhere?

All I said was I wouldn't have him in our top 5 on the day for the reasons I gave.

Opinions be like *********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back