Game Day 2021 Round 1 - North v Port - OFFICIAL Game Day Thread (LMac out, Menadue in, Lazzaro sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a good young player but he is not on track at this stage to be elite or an A Grader that only our supporters seem to think he will be. He'll have the odd good or even great quarter or 2 then vanish, the sad part is that output makes him our best midfielder right now.

He is absolutely on track to be an A Grade footballer.

Is anyone actually tagging LDU?? I’m pretty sure he isn’t getting tagged. I think he’s just disappeared. Lacks effort around the contest, and doesn’t want to run back hard to defend.

3/4 time.

Jack Ziebell: 22 disposal @ 91%, 9 intercepts, 7 rebounds and 484 metres. Who stated this was a bad idea?

He's vying with Stephenson for Norths best.
I agree...won't work every week and he's made 1 or 2 mistakes but there's many blokes in front of him who have been liabilities.

I get that LDU is the one to tag, but LDU needs to do better to stop the tagger from taking him out of the game. Good players have bad games for sure, but most of the time they'll still do something to try to break the tag (i.e. be more physical)

It's not that simple.

Port are a very experienced & well drilled midfield that work together to chop players out of the game.

We need Cunners & Jed back.

Let's be honest, we can praise him when he's good, but LDU's defensive efforts aroudn the ball are ******* dreadful. And it is effort, nothing else. He doesn't want to run as hard defensively as he does offensively.
Have said this since day dot and got shouted down. It’s blatantly obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree...won't work every week and he's made 1 or 2 mistakes but there's many blokes in front of him who have been liabilities.

Hell, coughing up 1-2 goals is nothing considering how easy it's flowing in to the Port forward line.

Mercifully Port were wayward in that quarter.

Even if we get our senior players back, there are a few holes in our list. Mainly the forward line and wing.

3-4years sounds about right.

Polec and Tyson are list cloggers of world class.
Mahony not sold on at all.
How is Turner in leadership group when hes invisible on the ground and coughs it up whe he gets it?
McKay has done really well and Corr has been alright.
Stephenson been decent.
Bonar doesn't show much.
Thomas has talent but doesn't influence games yet.
Zurhaar needs a rocket.

Is anyone actually tagging LDU?? I’m pretty sure he isn’t getting tagged. I think he’s just disappeared. Lacks effort around the contest, and doesn’t want to run back hard to defend.
Hes the second highest rated player on the ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back