Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
There seemed to be a clear plan to get the ball into the hands of our creative players / better kickers. Try to get them into space

We looked to give off to Sholl, Smith by hand and hit up Lynch by foot even on very short leads.

Forewarned is forearmed so I don't imagine it will be as 'easy' in future but at least we're working towards something logical eg not taking a long time to kick high to outnumbered forwards who are poor contested marks.

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saw this. Danger is a flog.
One thing I noticed when Bull got smashed. Danger got up and started walking away. Another Geelong player went straight to Bull waiving to the sidelines for assistance.
Was a nice touch (I couldn’t work out the player because it was a long shot)

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting... must have been 33 tackles in total, at some point in the 2nd quarter - not 33 in the 2nd quarter alone. 41 tackles in a half is nothing to write home about. 19 tackles in a half is bloody awful.
Correct

Remember during the 2nd quarter the scoreboard showed it was 33 to 23 for the game so far.

We changed our game plan in the 2nd half to conserve energy as were down 2 players... so it's understandable why the tackle rate reduced.

Elder van Berlo

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Dangerfield has a history of targeting players. Just from watching my Carlton fellas he's hurt Murphy deliberately twice and it was also him who smashed Judd when he did his knee and pretty much f’ed up his career. Serial thug. I'm sick of the "name" players getting away with this sh*t. Great player rep there. And just to keep it on topic I think my neighbour has watched this match about 3 times judging by her yelling :)
He actually kicked the back of his knee
Danger bashing is fun but
1. It was Brodie Smith who was involved in the contest that finished Judd’s career.
2. Brodie Smith didn’t do anything wrong either.
3. If one of the Dangerfield/Murphy incidents you’re talking about was 2012 at Etihad, that was a complete 50/50 where sadly for Murphy, he got hurt.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
shaun-goes-potty-popcorn-gif.1070040

Correct

Remember during the 2nd quarter the scoreboard showed it was 33 to 23 for the game so far.

We changed our game plan in the 2nd half to conserve energy as were down 2 players... so it's understandable why the tackle rate reduced.
Harder to tackle when you are first to the ball too.

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
I reckon someone might have touched on this before, but did we maybe de-emphasise our pre-season games a bit? I'm just trying to reconcile the difference between what we saw yesterday to those 2 games against Port - they were just day and night.

Maybe we took some real lessons from the those two games and with an actual AFL level coaching panel we implemented a plan to right the ship? I have to believe Allir taking all those intercept marks in the Preseason game lead us to concentrating on not bombing long to an outnumbered contest, but rather lowering the eyes and hitting up a leading target. Tex being the main beneficiary of this change in tact.

While Tex Fitness is Good I think Nicks hit the nail on the Head, better disposal into the Forward line was the biggest difference between Tex 2020 and Tex 2021.
Only part of the issue.

Tex of 2021 is attacking contests with 2 hands... last year Tex usually only held up 1 arm.

He's definitely fitter this year.

I reckon someone might have touched on this before, but did we maybe de-emphasise our pre-season games a bit? I'm just trying to reconcile the difference between what we saw yesterday to those 2 games against Port - they were just day and night.
I said that to my family.. I reckon we were just foxing! 🤣

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Fatigue to kids on a warm day.

Not often you can go to the Footy in shorts and thongs.
Also not helped by having multiple players out of the rotation due to injury.

Even so, tackle counts for both teams were well down yesterday. This may also be partly due to the rule changes.

marvin

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2000
Tired old hack in Melb
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
There seemed to be a clear plan to get the ball into the hands of our creative players / better kickers. Try to get them into space

We looked to give off to Sholl, Smith by hand and hit up Lynch by foot even on very short leads.

Forewarned is forearmed so I don't imagine it will be as 'easy' in future but at least we're working towards something logical eg not taking a long time to kick high to outnumbered forwards who are poor contested marks.

But leaving Murph as our deepest forward and then trying to bomb it on his head has been such an enduring tactic.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marvin

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2000
Tired old hack in Melb
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Danger bashing is fun but
1. It was Brodie Smith who was involved in the contest that finished Judd’s career.
2. Brodie Smith didn’t do anything wrong either.
3. If one of the Dangerfield/Murphy incidents you’re talking about was 2012 at Etihad, that was a complete 50/50 where sadly for Murphy, he got hurt.

It was Danger, not Smith. But you’re right that he didn’t do much wrong on that occasion.

I think the most pleasing thing for me from the last week or so and culminated with a magic win, has been the feeling that all the lads have bought into what Nick’s is selling. All the media that the club have released with players re-signing, or debuting, to the incredible team cohesion yesterday, it is evident there has been a huge cultural change at the Club. These lads were playing for each other yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back