Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly, and Surprising vs Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would have picked Berg over Frampton, too, and ultimately think Berg is the better long term prospect. But stoked that Frampton is performing because it is forcing Berg to grab the spot back. He'll either do so, or wilt, which we need to find out anyway. Competition for spots is everything.
I think we have all been a little seduced by Berg's month of footy late last year

Outside of that patch of footy he has mostly struggled

I want to see him dominate sanfl before he is considered for AFL selection

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Patrick Dangerfield sent straight to the Tribunal, with the hit classed as severe impact
It's interesting. It was classified as reckless, yet his eyes are clearly on Kelly and not the ball. He made a deliberate decision to bump him. Should have been intentional.

The cynic in me suggests that it has been sent to the tribunal so the MRO doesn't have to make the decision...

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone else notice that after the Dangerfield hit on Kelly, Walker got the ball and Selwood was actually on the mark. Then we had the forced injury break and when we came back Jenkins was on the mark. Thats terrible umpiring. You can't swap people on the mark. The Umpire should be crucified for allowing the rule breach.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm yet to watch the full game, so will comment when I do, however the one pleasing thing looking at the stat sheet is seeing Lachie Sholl getting 24 disposals, 9 marks, >450 meters gained and yet 3 tackles. Seems like a very good offensive game, and despite that, Sholl was putting the effort in defensively. Stuff like that is what will prevent him becoming the next Atkins (which is where I have Lachies floor at the moment).

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm yet to watch the full game, so will comment when I do, however the one pleasing thing looking at the stat sheet is seeing Lachie Sholl getting 24 disposals, 9 marks, >450 meters gained and yet 3 tackles. Seems like a very good offensive game, and despite that, Sholl was putting the effort in defensively. Stuff like that is what will prevent him becoming the next Atkins (which is where I have Lachies floor at the moment).
His first half was a brilliant mix of offensive running and defensive coverage on the wing but he probably did have a couple of ‘Atkins’ moments in the 2nd half when he got a bit more tired especially with some important missed tackles that led to Geelong goals.

Unlike Pyke and particularly Campo, I don't think Nicks would allow an Atkins type soft contest shirker in the side

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I think we have all been a little seduced by Berg's month of footy late last year

Outside of that patch of footy he has mostly struggled

I want to see him dominate sanfl before he is considered for AFL selection
At least he had a month of consistent high level footy - that's more than Fog & Frampton have achieved between them.

It was one of our best wins & even better to be there to cheer the guys on as they did us proud. We should be rejoicing...

Now I'm going to get back to watching the reds up with 2 early goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were already too many posters off topic... hence my simple post to calm the farm. Not going to help by adding further fuel to fire.

Reporting isn't a silent measure either.

It was one of our best wins & even better to be there to cheer the guys on as they did us proud. We should be rejoicing...

Now I'm going to get back to watching the reds up with 2 early goals.
screw the reds (might still be filthy over their win over the Brumbies last week)

crowker

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Make no mistake , albeit a small sample size , this new side is completely coach driven, you can see the team has brought in to what ever Nicks'y and Co are selling..can only imagine how refreshing it must be for the group, not having to listen to the bargain basement assortment of a coaching panel that was put together.. Let's hope we learn from this, past perfomances for the club equate to SFA when it comes to the future of the current playing group

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
His first half was a brilliant mix of offensive running and defensive coverage on the wing but he probably did have a couple of ‘Atkins’ moments in the 2nd half when he got a bit more tired especially with some important missed tackles that led to Geelong goals.
True. Some of his contested stuff wasn't great in the second half. But it is worth noting that Sholl basically didn't go off the field once we copped our injuries. 95% TOG was a huge effort.

His kicking on both feet is a weapon.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
No mate most posters are over you and few of your mates that just come on here to dump on Vader and others ,rather than the rest of us who interact on this site with our views and opinions of the club we support, rather than gutter talk and personal targeting that you and couple of others.
Did you sense a glimmer of hope yesterday with Neddy? :)

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon Tim Farham has been an influence with Tex's fitness.

That and some real competition with Tillthorpe, Fog, Hberg, Frampton and even McAsey.

Great to see. A fit and firing Tex is great for our side and in particular the kids playing with him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I agree but also think the rule change is going to be great for Tex. his leads are elite and so is his kicking.
I also think Tex is so much better as leader and has more influence then any other person in our team. Sloane is nowhere near Tex. I know he had some lean years but when he is up and running, we look super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back