MVP 2021 GWS MVP Round 1 v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Well, a tight tussle in the wet for the first game of the year. Worst result for us, unfortunately.

Plenty of players put their hand up, so who deserves to be recognised? You have 15 point to distribute, maximum 5 points to any player.

Didn't think anyone stood out head & shoulders above anyone else, so I've given a spread:

4 - Matt Flynn: thought he was pretty strong on debut across a number of categories
3 - Callan Ward
3 - Harry Himmelberg
2 - Toby Greene
2 - Jacob Hopper
1 - Harry Perryman

5. Flynn - 2nd most hit outs to advantage of any debut ruck. some really important contested marks. really liked his game
4. Pez - his reading of the play has really come on.
3. Hopper - is becoming what we thought he would
1. Cal - almost back to his best, certainly his best in a long while.
1. Keefe - battled manfully all over the ground
1. Harry - 3 goals but we can’t have our focal forward playing chop out ruck (did Jezza ever contest a ball up/in?) again.

5. Matt Flynn - How good was he? Like seriously? It'll be interesting to see how he goes against an experienced ruck but holy s**t, Preuss may not be a walk up with how good Flynn was!
3. Isaac Cumming - I may have been too harsh, was very impressed with him today especially with some of his kick ins, always love when a player backs himself to go for a central one or 7.
3. Harry Perryman - may genuinely be our best player, that is all
3. Jacob Hopper - Won a lot of ball and worked into the game, had moments where I thought he was seriously hurt throughout the game then he'd just go back at it
1. Stephen Coniglio - I'm happy with that for a captains performance, don't think he ever looked like giving up and got around the boys, looking improved

3. Isaac Cumming - I may have been too harsh, was very impressed with him today especially with some of his kick ins, always love when a player backs himself to go for a central one or 7.
22 possessions at 77% DE and 9 intercepts - in game #11. Kid can play.

Was a day for the slow burners (he and Flynn). Hawthorn used to be famous for making players serve long apprenticeships before releasing them into the side as more finished products.

22 possessions at 77% DE and 9 intercepts - in game #11. Kid can play.

Was a day for the slow burners (he and Flynn). Hawthorn used to be famous for making players serve long apprenticeships before releasing them into the side as more finished products.
On the other side of the coin. He did have two brain snap clangers, the push and the dinky kick late that both led to opposition goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Matt Flynn - Was worth the wait
4 Harry Perryman - I smell a breakout year
2 HH - Boss forward role suits him
2 Cal Ward - So great to see him back
1 Jacob Hopper - He seemed to be everywhere the ball was
1 Nick Haynes - Awesome game in conditions that shouldn't have suited him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back