Not open for further replies.

GoTheTiges

Draftee
Feb 19, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Question:
Does anyone know why Supercoach doesn't just start the leagues round 1 and use the bye weeks as the Supercoach Bye for leagues?
Makes more sense to me unless I'm missing something?

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes please!
Would love to see it.
Would be delicious.

1616127664128.png
1616127707934.png

Attachments

• 1616127687798.png
    1616127687798.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 28
Live scoring working in the iOS app for any of you Kent’s? Works on the hun website ok :drunk:

Found the issue to this, Supercoach Plus sub DOESNT include live scoring, just green dots and projections. What a *en jib! Workaround seems that you can see live scores in the HS Match Centre on the website

Last edited:

St Steady

All Australian
Feb 5, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
if i have say jordan clark in the backline and i want to do 1 trade in backline. how do i trade out a mid , move clark to mid and then add my new backline guy , without having to trade clark out and in (using 2 trades) and so i only use the 1 mid trade to do this

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
if i have say jordan clark in the backline and i want to do 1 trade in backline. how do i trade out a mid , move clark to mid and then add my new backline guy , without having to trade clark out and in (using 2 trades) and so i only use the 1 mid trade to do this

Only 1 trade required if you move Clark to your midfield to get a defender in. Sipercoach will ask you to select your defender to replace the mid you are replacing with Clark. 😎👍

jdwood

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Round One in its twilight and although that’s a very limited data set and generalisations can be dangerous, it is clear that the 2021 game is very different to the 2020 iteration. So what does that mean for the rest of the year? Some initial observations:
  • It seems to me that the game has swung back towards the accumulators - the Mitchell’s, Oliver’s, Macraes, Walsh’s that bob up with 35 possessions every week. On the other hand, the high impact players - your Danger’s, Fyfe’s and Martin’s scoring might suffer a little. I put this down to less scaling available to the players who have the tendency to bob up in key moments. Obviously Martin put in a big score but I reckon his performance was 200+ last year.
  • The longer quarters (and less scaling) seem to lead to a more even spread of points across the team. This is great for rookies who get proportionally more time on field, great for cash generation but perhaps not so great for the 600k+ super premos (who are likely overpriced as a result). On this note, I reckon those who focused getting in more promos in the $500k-600k bracket might find themselves doing pretty well if they picked the right ones.
  • Related to the above point, the number of huge individual scores (130+) seems to have decreased, with a much more even spread in the 100-120 mark.
  • Considering the above and the quality of the round 1 rookies, cash generation (at least initially) does not look like it will be a major problem this year. There are going to be some very strong final teams. That said, the sub rule will stop a few in their tracks.
  • I don’t have stoppage numbers but rucks seem to have been impacted by the new rules. I only counted 3 tons from rucks so far (OMac, Goldy and Flynn and the latter was played in a slog). Those who started a rookie ruck in favour of Gawndy may get an early advantage.
  • Perhaps a bit early to tell whether defenders have benefitted as expected. Not many massive scores amongst them but a lot of low 100s amongst the usual suspects.
What does this mean for next steps? Well, playing the right rookies will be key. I had 3 emergencies score tons with some poor scores onfield. I’ll assess Grundy /Flynn each for another week but the prospect of replacing Grundy with another rookie ruck looks tempting if I can apply the cash wisely. If Danger goes for a couple, I’ll flick him for Titch.

Other observations?

Funbeanman

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
My 3 2 1 for my supercoach player of the year

3 Errol Gulden
2 Dustin Martin
1 Jack Ziebell

Honorable mention to Matt Flynn he was on my bench otherwise he would've got 2 votes

Who are (on field) your 3 2 1 this weekend??

On Blade A5 2020-T using BigFooty.com mobile app

My 3 2 1 for my supercoach player of the year

3 Errol Gulden
2 Dustin Martin
1 Jack Ziebell

Honorable mention to Matt Flynn he was on my bench otherwise he would've got 2 votes

Who are (on field) your 3 2 1 this weekend??

On Blade A5 2020-T using BigFooty.com mobile app
In before...................

INSECURIOUS

Team Captain
Jun 11, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
3-Matt Rowell
2-Patrick Dangerfield
1-Lachie Neale
Honourable mention - Gawndy
s**t round.

TheGooch

Debutant
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A long time since I played supercoach. Don't like the app compared to the old days. Can someone tell me how to see my ranking, I can only see my ranking out of victoria and the team I support.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Thoughts ?

Why are women excluded from fantasy sport?
Take "fantasy sport" for example. For those who don't know, it's effectively an online game where you are given a salary cap or budget to assemble a virtual team of real players in your chosen sport. Each week those players are assigned scores according to their real-life performances, and, like tipping competitions, you compete against friends or colleagues in leagues.

Fantasy sport is fun, but it's also big business.

By 2027, Allied Market Research estimates it will be worth $48.6 billion worldwide. And while it's still in its relative infancy in Australia, 60 million people were playing in North America in 2017.

It's well established that fantasy sport grows fans' interest in particular sports or leagues, increasing the number of games they watch as well as their knowledge of teams, players and tactics. In other words, it's a perfect marketing tool.

The problem is, there are no official fantasy leagues for women's sport.

Thoughts ?

Take "fantasy sport" for example. For those who don't know, it's effectively an online game where you are given a salary cap or budget to assemble a virtual team of real players in your chosen sport. Each week those players are assigned scores according to their real-life performances, and, like tipping competitions, you compete against friends or colleagues in leagues.

By 2027, Allied Market Research estimates it will be worth $48.6 billion worldwide. And while it's still in its relative infancy in Australia, 60 million people were playing in North America in 2017.

It's well established that fantasy sport grows fans' interest in particular sports or leagues, increasing the number of games they watch as well as their knowledge of teams, players and tactics. In other words, it's a perfect marketing tool.

Would be a great way to grow women's sport. I don't really care about bbl, but I play the supercoach because if you pay attention you're a chance to win cash. Came around 500 after starting at round 4. I'd probably just make a side at the start and then just leave it. But great idea nonetheless

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thoughts ?

Not even the prospect of SC prizemoney could make me care about AFLW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back